• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gaias 1.2 ... and yes, I'm not joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
It would be nice if say, that beach ran a coastline all the way down past the bandits to the other crabs, could throw a few spawns, maybe even some kind of shitty quest in there, it would be nice to make use of a shoreline.

I'm with TLI-Inferno on the 7-10 creeps as well. There needs to be something players can farm other than d1 at that point, there should probably be a few more low level items for that general area to carry people who don't have the opportunity to do the dungeon to the boars and gnolls. Maybe a few more crafting recipes and an increased drop rate on materials, aside from the rarities of course.

And yeah, heal AI goes a little nuts, reduce it to maybe 70% and they heal, anything nuking you for above that is an issue anyway.

Something else I wanted to put forward is bringing d2 into range of it's two siding dungeons. Since the change in d3 brought bosses down to 29 - 32, a few of us decided that d2 could probably scale down to its surrounding area, maybe 15/16/17, or 16/17/18 for the lobster mobs, then 20 on the turtles, 22 on protector and a max of 25 on The Ancient One. As it stands currently, most players would be better of skipping The Ancient One altogether and simply farming the waves of d3 for xp so whatever ideas you have in mind that might actually make that dungeon worth running between 15-20 would probably help.

tl;dr I think d2 should have its levels reduced. (this would also promote out of dungeon farming for levels rather than jumping from dungeon to dungeon as I've seen that also).

Edit: An update to this, a frustrating friend of mine, though a terrible player, has pointed out how easy it is to farm to 35 simply farming The Ancient One rather than making use of further content. I just think this is another reason the level should be lowered to a maximum of 25.

Last edited:
Level 3
This isn't really a "new" issue, but I would like it if you'd extend the beach of the first area a bit. You've got some open space there, anyway, and it would really make grinding for low levels and pearls less annoying, since new players wouldn't spend as much time doing nothing as they wait for crabs to respawn. If you extended that beach a bit, even if you only managed to add in one more crab pack, it would make it seem a lot less boring at that level. I also would like to see the level 5 lobster back; I remember in the very early version, there used to be, before the bridge, two level 3 crabs and a level 5 lobster. They are now just 3 crabs. It'd be neat if that level 5 lobster was put back into that spot with them. Just for the variety, and also because players wouldn't want to only fight level 3 crabs at that point anyway, when they'd gotten that far.

There are way too many level 1-2 wolves, all over the place. Level 1-2 is a pretty short level range, and they give basically no experience to players who've reached level 4. It would be nice to see the wolves that are in the spider area be higher levels, maybe level 2/3 rather than 1/2. Not important, but it would really make the game more enjoyable for lower level players.

It would be nice if there were some level 7-10 creeps... There's just a huge level gap where players don't have anything good to farm besides d1 creeps which are overpowered when you have only one or two players. It would be nice to see you add just one group of enemies somewhere in the first area that are level 7/8. Maybe, rather than a random drop chance for the sealed scroll quest, have a level 8 bandit mini-boss on the beach. Not as strong as a normal boss would be at level 8; rather, give him something like 900 health, with a couple of level 7 bandits at his side. Since he'd be weaker than most bosses, his gear drop would obviously not be as good for his level compared to other bosses, but he'd make the game more interesting.

The cloud in the water is way too bright. Looks like snow. You should make the cloud thinner, and more transparent.

I agree for most of the suggestions above.
Zweib also should consider adding a new "simple" world boss or two for earlier content (before mytargas) since there is a huge gap between world boss (Zanev is level 18 while shade is level 35). Gnoll, Spider,Raven, or Ogre are perfect candidate for the new world boss.

Level 13
Shade is 32 now, and there's an upcoming boss for 1.1n but yes, there probably should be one or two bosses around there to cover some more challenges in those areas.

We'll have to see!

Sorry Zwieb, a few days after the new version and you're already getting flooded with ideas!

Level 5
I would like dungeon mobs to give more exp than outside mobs, especially the bosses, dungeon mobs as of now are mostly ignored when possible because they are not rewarding, take the two water elementals before the protector as example. If dungeon mobs gave more exp than outside mobs there would be a reason to kill every mob in the dungeon.

Level 4
I would like dungeon mobs to give more exp than outside mobs, especially the bosses, dungeon mobs as of now are mostly ignored when possible because they are not rewarding, take the two water elementals before the protector as example. If dungeon mobs gave more exp than outside mobs there would be a reason to kill every mob in the dungeon.

dungeon mobs already give more exp. Take a look in the changelog of 1.1m :)

Level 8
spell haste sounds cool, but is it possible to set cooldown aqual to spell casting time(modified by spell haste)?
cos atm its hard to use this extra few % spell haste if u have to hit new spell just in time, if u dot it too fast spell is caceled and if too slow spell haste is not usefull.

Level 3
I think that should be make one more reset point at 2nd bridge, after kill the boss and 10 waves zombies. not only for spam boss in dun 3 easily, but also spend boring time with solving waves monster.

Level 4
1)items disappear from the ground too soon. give them more time?

2)personally i think fire element doesnt fit to a druid that much... druid is a child of nature it would be cool if he had only animal type of pets. like bear, tiger, eagle or even another type of a wolf. dunno but animals in general.

3)skills slot dont seem to be enough..... what about passives being in another square?

Level 18
1)items disappear from the ground too soon. give them more time?

2)personally i think fire element doesnt fit to a druid that much... druid is a child of nature it would be cool if he had only animal type of pets. like bear, tiger, eagle or even another type of a wolf. dunno but animals in general.

3)skills slot dont seem to be enough..... what about passives being in another square?

it's a spirit.. i think it fits perfectly.

dismiss your mercenary needs a confirmation a lot of times we click it for accident and have to go back to mytargas/riversdale :S

It does get clicked by accident a lot when closing the skillbook, but the easiest way to fix this is just to move the button. :wink:
Seriously, how come? Its on the same place as the "close spellbook" button, which is rarely used as you can just close it with Esc.
Also, the dismiss button does not have a hotkey...

Hmm... well, if I get more dislikes about this, I will put in a confirmation message just because.

All the gaias classes are losely based on class cliches, but for some of them I really wanted to bring some personal flavour in. Thats why druids use bows, tanks need INT or AGI, etc.

And no, there will not be additional passives. Passives have too much in common with talents and also I feel passives in the spellbook would be totally boring.

Seriously, how come? Its on the same place as the "close spellbook" button, which is rarely used as you can just close it with Esc.

Hmm... well, if I get more dislikes about this, I will put in a confirmation message just because.

All the gaias classes are losely based on class cliches, but for some of them I really wanted to bring some personal flavour in. Thats why druids use bows, tanks need INT or AGI, etc.

And no, there will not be additional passives. Passives have too much in common with talents and also I feel passives in the spellbook would be totally boring.

I myself, and some others, do click the button rather than hitting ESC, and I think simply moving the button would be easy and would fix the problem.

I liek the way the classes feel, no need to change that.

You're right, there shouldn't be more passives. In fact, I believe that you should over time move all of the passives into the talent trees, and replace the passives with active abilities.

Level 4

1)weird but i never had any problem with that button. i always use Esc.

2)for less class clich you could make druids use almost all the kind of weapons.

3)lol Zwieb i never said ADD more passives. omg i guess my english doesnt help.
what im saying is that we are forced to delete some skills in order to learn the newiest. so separate passives from actives for more skill slots..... i hope i managed to explain myself now.....

Level 5
1)weird but i never had any problem with that button. i always use Esc.

2)for less class clich you could make druids use almost all the kind of weapons.

3)lol Zwieb i never said ADD more passives. omg i guess my english doesnt help.
what im saying is that we are forced to delete some skills in order to learn the newiest. so separate passives from actives for more skill slots..... i hope i managed to explain myself now.....

dude that's the point, you have a limited skill slot - forcing you to be smart and pick which skills are needed the most - for example my druid doesn't need 'Claw strike' since i'll be summoning my nymph or efreet (fire spirit).

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Zweibelchen is right. Everyone else is wrong. Lets spend our time on more important things than minor personal preferences - Zweibelchen does not have a whole team of 20 people to fix any/all unimportant thing that two or three out of a thousand players find annoying all the time. Give him a break, and let him work on the new content instead.

Zweibelchen is right. Everyone else is wrong. Lets spend our time on more important things than minor personal preferences - Zweibelchen does not have a whole team of 20 people to fix any/all unimportant thing that two or three out of a thousand players find annoying all the time. Give him a break, and let him work on the new content instead.

It's more than two or three, and it's a fix that takes a few seconds without preventing him from working on new content.

Level 4

OUAOU couldnt write more obvious thing???

1)ever time you post something in this forum you express YOUR opinion (maybe you should also stop posting?). But thats exaclte what this forum is for. We all post our points of view and Zwieb decides what he will do. none can force him to do what he doesnt want (its too obvious i dont know why im writing this).

2)its not 2-3 maybe its more but they just dont want to came against the believes of the majority. so as i said before speak for yourself.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
This has nothing to do with whether one speaks for one self or not. I'm just saying that i don't think these forums should end up like other RPG/MMORPG forums, where every whiner feels like he is welcome to post minor PREFERENCE ISSUES. Thats right, i'm not talking about reporting bugs, but this "i dont like this ability to have this hotkey" kind of complaint. Those complaints do not make much sense - at least not in my eyes.

How can you interpret my message as speaking for everyone, when i obviously speak for myself.

You guys should cool down a little. I will check all suggestions on my own personal view of the matter and will judge wether its worth a change or not.
Some stuff is reasonable, some stuff isn't. I'm not playing gaias as much as the community does. In fact, I haven't even played more than a couple of hours over the last years. That's why suggestions for changing hotkeys/button positions are even as important as reporting gamebreaking bugs, as I simply do not play the game as much as you do to find the controls troubling or not. Some stuff you will only notice after playing for hours, some stuff you see almost right from the start.

Level 4
This has nothing to do with whether one speaks for one self or not. I'm just saying that i don't think these forums should end up like other RPG/MMORPG forums, where every whiner feels like he is welcome to post minor PREFERENCE ISSUES. Thats right, i'm not talking about reporting bugs, but this "i dont like this ability to have this hotkey" kind of complaint. Those complaints do not make much sense - at least not in my eyes.

How can you interpret my message as speaking for everyone, when i obviously speak for myself.

Many things dont make sense to my eyes also but i dont go around telling people to STFU.

Level 18

i'm not posting my "opinions"
i just post bugs, example: efreet doing 11 damage at max with a almost fully geared druid with spirits (10% extra sp), crusader getting one hit ko'd,etc

Level 17
tbh, all of you people who are posting glitches and bugs, please use the Bug Report forum. It's there for a reason, and this thread isn't here for you all to post a suggestion, get flamed, and then retaliate and get defensive. If you're so keen on that, go to Garena. There is a lot of that on there.

Zwieb has enough to do without having to act as mediator for all of you. Out of 129 pages, probably two thirds are pointless and immature arguments.

On a more relevant note, Zwieb, loving the mercenaries. They make life so much easier, especially for people forced to solo. Levelling a new character by oneself is slightly more enjoyable. :)

Level 13
tbh, all of you people who are posting glitches and bugs, please use the Bug Report forum. It's there for a reason, and this thread isn't here for you all to post a suggestion, get flamed, and then retaliate and get defensive. If you're so keen on that, go to Garena. There is a lot of that on there.

Zwieb has enough to do without having to act as mediator for all of you. Out of 129 pages, probably two thirds are pointless and immature arguments.

On a more relevant note, Zwieb, loving the mercenaries. They make life so much easier, especially for people forced to solo. Levelling a new character by oneself is slightly more enjoyable. :)

fuk u

Level 11

I downloaded 1.1M and the day after my internet connection stopped working so the mercenaries really helped me out a lot in leveling too. :grin:

I've only used the healer so far but I must say that it works a lot better than I expected, he didn't let me die until his mana went out.
I wish that the mana regenration when resting could be higher since he uses it all up very frequently but that is probably the only downside of it.

Last edited:
Level 6
Well hello everyone im back from some christmas and new year vacations im glad to see 1.1m out finally yet i still need a wc3 frozen throne cd key if anyone else can help me with that would be nice

Level 6
i apreciate it shapy but well i dont have a credit card or some way to "buy online" and ya it seems quite cheap would be really nice if someone who can buy it would gimme it

Level 10
zwi... why dont you put the darkness ring as a normal drop from sanev... why only thief steal? well i only saw that item 1 time in my life its a rare drop and only from steal... i asked a friend thief to farm it for me... but no one farm sanev... so can you put as a normal drop? that is a good item for rangers, and rangers dont have much acessories... what you think?
(and other thing like i said i never saw one ring of that so its a lost of item)

Level 9
Yea adding ring of shadows to Sanevs drop table would be a good idea, rather than just as a steal, since its more useful for rangers than theives, since theives get Gloves of Swiftness from stealing from D2

Level 6
i have no problem with that knight i give u my word i would log on diff server than urs besides bot is multi realm so shouldnt rly matter would be really nice if u gave me ur key
besides what i really mostly want is being able to play on battle net again
Also: I dont even like uswest

Level 10
so zwie? ring of shadow as a normal drop from sanev?? can we have that ?? *----*
(take a look ranger's need quiver and only 2 before d3 and 1 is from ancient very hard drop and the other is a bullshit... ) and acessories? well dont have any good acessory for ranger before d3... if you go druid you have magic pendant... but if not you need to stay with that thief ring lvl 5... ;/

so zwie? ring of shadow as a normal drop from sanev?? can we have that ?? *----*
(take a look ranger's need quiver and only 2 before d3 and 1 is from ancient very hard drop and the other is a bullshit... ) and acessories? well dont have any good acessory for ranger before d3... if you go druid you have magic pendant... but if not you need to stay with that thief ring lvl 5... ;/
No need to post the same thing twice to force an answer. :/
Thief tables are meant to have some unique items not available in droptables and I think its perfectly fine that the ring is only accessable by stealing.
Remember that this is an RPG, a *roleplaying* game - you can always just party with a thief and let him steal the item for you. Stolen items are not bound to the player until saved.

Level 4
Assassin runs out of mana in no time... all her skills cost mana except from Backstab and Stealth. At boss fights you can run out of mana in the first minutes.
How about reducing mana cost of her skills?
On the other hand berserker has only 2 skill right now that costs mana, jump and Berserker's rage. He cant run out of mana even in long boss fights. But for some reason you gave mana gain talents to bers and not to assassin....

Assassin runs out of mana in no time... all her skills cost mana except from Backstab and Stealth. At boss fights you can run out of mana in the first minutes.
How about reducing mana cost of her skills?
On the other hand berserker has only 2 skill right now that costs mana, jump and Berserker's rage. He cant run out of mana even in long boss fights. But for some reason you gave mana gain talents to bers and not to assassin....
You can rest in combat when using one of the restealth talents or the Into the Shades skill (dunno if it is accessable already).

Level 8
Music

- new music tracks replacing the old oblivion outdoor music track ... this will add to the atmosphere a lot, as now we can create much more different moods with them
Hi, i've seen some people saying music was Minstrel Lament from Oblivion, i like it a lot but looks like its not in latest version of the map anymore. Can't find current music among Oblivion soundtracks. Could you please tell what are names of some tracks in current version, and where they are from?

Status
Not open for further replies.