• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Gaias 1.2 ... and yes, I'm not joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Well, i just know about that. I thought we can only choose 1 out of 3 talents.
Based on talent list, let say I'm taking first 3 @ conjuration and last 3 @Invocation. So, i will get first 3 conjuration buff and first 3 invocation buff,
Or is it possible to take the 4th and 5th list from the invocation?
Are you planning to create more skill for further content?
Well, its named talent tree, so i guess you can't skip talents... So yeah, if you wanna split the points you will need to spend points on the first ones, because it wouldn't be balanced if you could get the 5th talent from each tree.

Level 4
Well, its named talent tree, so i guess you can't skip talents... So yeah, if you wanna split the points you will need to spend points on the first ones, because it wouldn't be balanced if you could get the 5th talent from each tree.

first of all i didnt notice any big difference in the 5th skill compare to the other skills.
but no matter what we say, we need Zwieb to clarify how it works.

first of all i didnt notice any big difference in the 5th skill compare to the other skills.
but no matter what we say, we need Zwieb to clarify how it works.
Those are talent 'lines'.
The term 'tree' does not apply here, because there is no alternative choice for the specific talent line.
In order to get the 5th talent of each line, you need to get all previous talents of that line first.

So basicly you can put 5 points into conjuration and get every talent of that line and one point into invocation to get the first of that. Or you can put three into conjuration to get up to level 3 there and 3 into invocation to also get up to level 3.

Higher tier talents are usually much stronger than low tier talents. Means the 5th level talent of each line is usually the strongest, whereas the first is usually the weakest. This doesn't mean that 5/1/0 builds are the only way to go. There might be combinations where a 4/2/0 or a 3/3/0 or even a 2/2/2 is better for certain situations (Just looking at the squire trees I posted earlier, I can already think of some very nasty 3/3/0 combinations probably superior to some 5/1/0 combinations).

Just finished the necromancer talents now. So that's 90/150. Gonna take a small break now for like 30 minutes and then go code the hunter talents.

Level 3
Those are talent 'lines'.
The term 'tree' does not apply here, because there is no alternative choice for the specific talent line.
In order to get the 5th talent of each line, you need to get all previous talents of that line first.

So basicly you can put 5 points into conjuration and get every talent of that line and one point into invocation to get the first of that. Or you can put three into conjuration to get up to level 3 there and 3 into invocation to also get up to level 3.

Higher tier talents are usually much stronger than low tier talents. Means the 5th level talent of each line is usually the strongest, whereas the first is usually the weakest. This doesn't mean that 5/1/0 builds are the only way to go. There might be combinations where a 4/2/0 or a 3/3/0 or even a 2/2/2 is better for certain situations (Just looking at the squire trees I posted earlier, I can already think of some very nasty 3/3/0 combinations probably superior to some 5/1/0 combinations).

Just finished the necromancer talents now. So that's 90/150. Gonna take a small break now for like 30 minutes and then go code the hunter talents.

Sounds good. Will we be able to respec talent points? I actually would prefer if we couldn't, because I can see everyone's bard just being specc'd for the extra item roll chance and then permanently changed to another tree for more dps.

Level 13
Even if we couldn't, people would level to 50 and save their code just to spec talents. It's better to allow respecing but balance that skill than prevent the ability to respec.

Level 3
Even if we couldn't, people would level to 50 and save their code just to spec talents. It's better to allow respecing but balance that skill than prevent the ability to respec.

Even so, if people save their 50 code, they'll have to reobtain all of their gear / character progress if they want to test out the other talents if there is no respec system.

I just feel like, eventually, people are going to agree on an 'optimal' talent path, and everyone will be using the same specs. Making us unable to respec will discourage that.

It's like Diablo II, pre-spec era. If you wanted to make a fire sorc instead of a light sorc, you could.. you just had to put in the time of making a new character. I don't know, just an idea.

Level 13
Even so, if people save their 50 code, they'll have to reobtain all of their gear / character progress if they want to test out the other talents if there is no respec system.

I just feel like, eventually, people are going to agree on an 'optimal' talent path, and everyone will be using the same specs. Making us unable to respec will discourage that.

It's like Diablo II, pre-spec era. If you wanted to make a fire sorc instead of a light sorc, you could.. you just had to put in the time of making a new character. I don't know, just an idea.

Yeah but time in Diablo II consisted of sitting in Baal runs with Ondal's(?) equipped or shit like that, I watched my brother. Either that or old uber runs, same shit, different day.

People will always lean towards dps builds. Respecing just allows players to build what they think is fun rather than having everyone stuck on the same shit. If anything, make respecing talents cost mana crystals so there can be another sink for those ingame.

Still really hoping on another pre-d3 world boss zwieb, still, still hoping for one some time.... please?

Level 3
Yeah but time in Diablo II consisted of sitting in Baal runs with Ondal's(?) equipped or shit like that, I watched my brother. Either that or old uber runs, same shit, different day.

People will always lean towards dps builds. Respecing just allows players to build what they think is fun rather than having everyone stuck on the same shit. If anything, make respecing talents cost mana crystals so there can be another sink for those ingame.

Still really hoping on another pre-d3 world boss zwieb, still, still hoping for one some time.... please?

The MC to respec talents idea has potential.

What I'm saying though, is people aren't going to spec what they think is fun. They'll spec what's best. After the extra skills were added, you didn't see any strength crusaders. Why? Because using an int one was optimal for any content.

Tons of variety and all trees being equally useful can prevent this, but in the end, in any RPG or game, there's always some optimal, general build. Maybe Zwieb will impress us with all this variety, though. (;

Level 13
We might see more str crusaders come 1.1m, as that new talent tree is pretty vicious. There's always future endgame content which won't revolve around crucify so that's fine.

Variety can be worked on once we have more of an endgame coming up, but 1.2 is a while away so lets focus on the now. Trialling various builds is what gaia veterans will do, so eventually those cookie cutter builds will be whittled out.

Dw bro, we got this.

Level 8
I think There should be something like dual talent specialization.
Option in chest "swap skills" ofc not free.

So it will be esier to find tank/healer if they can in game just swap setup to be healer or dps or tank.

Level 13
just allow respecs and carry enough mc for a respec lol, same as how the new scrolls will work, players can customise to fit whatever role they need to.

There will be the possibility to respecc talents. It's actually already implemented.
I simply feel that not being able to respecc would be frustrating and lead players to not spec into talents at all until reaching level 50. I don't really feel like supporting that.
However, the respecc costs are dynamically dependant on how much talent points have been spent. You need to invest 1 MC for every talent point you have spent.

There's not gonna be additional content in 1.1m, just to make things clear. However, there will be a new boss in 1.1n, which will also come with two other new features that are going to enhance the overall style of the map (music and item models).

I hope I can release 1.1m before 2013. Currently this looks very much like it, with only 4 classes of talents left.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Anyway, sounds good. I get your point. It's not that i'm against respeccing, as long as it isn't too forgiving it's fine.

On another note, Zwei, i think you should stop reading our posts in here and answering them - concentrate on the release ! ;-)

Level 13
There will be the possibility to respecc talents. It's actually already implemented.
I simply feel that not being able to respecc would be frustrating and lead players to not spec into talents at all until reaching level 50. I don't really feel like supporting that.
However, the respecc costs are dynamically dependant on how much talent points have been spent. You need to invest 1 MC for every talent point you have spent.

There's not gonna be additional content in 1.1m, just to make things clear. However, there will be a new boss in 1.1n, which will also come with two other new features that are going to enhance the overall style of the map (music and item models).

I hope I can release 1.1m before 2013. Currently this looks very much like it, with only 4 classes of talents left.

Sounds like a good system Zwieb, pay no heed to us, this is pretty much a late Christmas present so we're all over excited.

As for the no new content, I'm already aware of that I'm just putting it out the the gaias universe that a world boss somewhere between sanev and shade would be nice come 1.1n/1.2 but hey, I like what you said there about the cosmetic features, looking forward to it alllllll

Level 4

some people will just roll for every item because they MIGHT need it.....
endless rolls for both MC and items.......greed is taking place.... i dont know how good is that... its bad especially for people who play 2-4 hours a day. it will take them ages to respec talents if they want to.
Why not gold instead of MC?...
nvm best prove is action. we shall see in game.

some people will just roll for every item because they MIGHT need it.....
endless rolls for both MC and items.......greed is taking place.... i dont know how good is that... its bad especially for people who play 2-4 hours a day. it will take them ages to respec talents if they want to.
Why not gold instead of MC?...
nvm best prove is action. we shall see in game.
in 1.2, mana crystals will be much more common, as its level 50 content and the prices for both MC and gold will scale to that.

Level 3
I'm impressive with Threat system and save/load system in Gaias, so someone help me get systems like that, ideas, maps, or anything... I searched many hours but no systems perfectly like both system :(. Sorry if I post this wrong place :p

Level 11
I'm impressive with Threat system and save/load system in Gaias, so someone help me get systems like that, ideas, maps, or anything... I searched many hours but no systems perfectly like both system :(. Sorry if I post this wrong place :p

Here is the Threat system: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/zwiebelchens-threat-system-2-5-a-156179/

And well, I think this save/load system is one of the more popular ones: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/save-load-snippets-v2-1-0-5-a-202714/

Now if you need help with them and other mapping stuff you should go to this forum: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/warcraft-iii-modding-255/
Just start a new thread in the right category for your problem, but make sure to search for one that might already exist.

Level 13
and by quick you mean extensive as we all have to re level and shit, unless you give us codes set at 50 'cause we wont be able to test those talents for agessssssssss

Level 3
Thanks EloMan, It is exactly which I find :D. I wonder which kind I should use system, GUI or Jass? Seemly, GUI make more leak easily.
Maybe spend a day for testing map to release, right?

Level 6
"THIS VERSION CONTAINS CHEATS AND IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE FINAL OFFICIAL RELEASE OF 1.1M!" quote zwiebel

not this version after he debugged it and removed the cheats i guess.

Level 13
Looks good Zwieb, strangely enough the third tree for Berzerkers is the most tempting so far. Everything seems to be running smoothly.

Level 9
Actually its all the rangers, they semm to be really slow at moving, compared to toher classes, I don't know if its a bug so, I posted here.

Level 4
Posting multiply posts in a row within 48 hours (I think) is against the forum rules. This does not apply for the forum admin.

Use the EDIT button in the lower right corner instead.

So needless to mention it. what exactle bothered you?? the fact that there were in a row?..... LOL.. If they werent in a row it would be OK?..

Level 8
Z is it possible to add damage/healing meter to Gaias?
I would help:
-compare classes dps with end-game gear
-push lazy guys to focus a little bit more or have fun chasing in dps.

Z is it possible to add damage/healing meter to Gaias?
I would help:
-compare classes dps with end-game gear
-push lazy guys to focus a little bit more or have fun chasing in dps.

The dps meter is already there. Healing meters would be pretty much useless, if you ask me. The goal is to keep the group alive. If you manage that, you did good enough on your healing part.

Yo Z, thx for reply.

I were thinking about more like group dps meter where u can see overall damage and current dps.
Ah, come on, this is not DOTA. :/
I think even the current DPS display was unneccesary, but it helps balancing out dps classes, so its a useful tool for me.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
I must honestly say that i completely agree with Zwei on this. This is an RPG, not number game. Half the fun of playing coop games like Gaias Retaliation is to cooperate with a combination of skill and intuition. Having all numbers displayed to you will remove this feeling of control - everyone will just focus on the highest number all the time, instead of learning by doing.

Level 8
I must agree that I disagree ;)

I played wow and gropu damage meter was nothing evil like u say Jumbo,
however it was good tool to comapre classes and check who was not doing what he should.

In here I was thinking about comparing damge done durning boss fights for balancing.

Status
Not open for further replies.