• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gaias 1.2 ... and yes, I'm not joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
What about the fps drops when someone's doing a d3 run? Because I didn't actually understand the concept of your new system. My question is, what is it that you did to change the fps rate?
It basicly hides destructables that you can't see anyway. I don't know why, but for some reason, doing only that is enough to bring fps back to normal rates.

Level 5
I see. Sounds cool man, I wonder how many dummy destructables or units there must be all around the map. Keep on doing what you do best.

Level 2
Question: What are the probabilities of stealing ritualists blade or gloves of swiftness? So far the majority of steals in d2 bosses are potions and Sweeping blades, with the odd anomaly of stealing Assassin's Blade from the Ancient One ( A d1 item...), which makes no sense.

Edit: Finally after 30 + attempts, a ritualist has dropped, but still the fact a d1 item steal is stolen in d2 is somewhat strange.

Last edited:

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Seriously.. Why is it so strange? People are brainwashed by all these RPGs and MMORPGS these days that use a similar (boring) pattern. Just cause a weapon drops in dungeon A doesn't mean it can't drop in dungeon B. The only reason this would be 'strange' is if the weapon dropped from a specific guy who had an 'Assassin's Blade' equipped - but that is not the case. Sorry if this is a bit excessive, but your argument is really what is strange here, no offence.

Level 13
There's also absolutely no need to filter crap items into the drop pools of higher dungeons. It's pointless, and frustrating. Nobody wants to work off a steal for an item to find out its shittons of levels below them and technically worse than a potion. Having gold, potions and tp scrolls on the steal table is enough shit tbh.

Ritualists and swiftness are meant to be rare, I get that, it's fine. Some crap could be filtered out though, like longswords on fucking firelord.

Level 2
Had a bad day? Relax and take that proverbial chill pill. By your skewed logic a wolf's hide could be stolen from d3 and it's perfectly fine. It was just an observation that maybe the map creator wasn't aware of, in any case it isn't a big deal so relax.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Ah man, please don't be so upset about the steal tables. As steal tables usually hold thief-only gear for balancing reasons, there sometimes aren't enough drops to fill up the drop spots.
That's why there is some junk in the tables aswell. You can always sell the stuff and get some money out of it. Since when is every item found in MMORPG and RPGS always useful? Crapdrops exist since Ultima Online.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Had a bad day? Relax and take that proverbial chill pill. By your skewed logic a wolf's hide could be stolen from d3 and it's perfectly fine. It was just an observation that maybe the map creator wasn't aware of, in any case it isn't a big deal so relax.

You just prove my point. And relax you say, i just disagree with you, can't take criticism can you (and no, thats not a question, cause this thread is not for offtopic stuff) :wink:

Level 13
Ah man, please don't be so upset about the steal tables. As steal tables usually hold thief-only gear for balancing reasons, there sometimes aren't enough drops to fill up the drop spots.
That's why there is some junk in the tables aswell. You can always sell the stuff and get some money out of it. Since when is every item found in MMORPG and RPGS always useful? Crapdrops exist since Ultima Online.

Yeah but I'm sure you can filter out things like longswords and wolf hides into lower tier drop tables. I wasn't going to crack down on anything like this until post 1.2 anyway, it's no big deal right now it does keep drop pools more interesting as everyone has a shitty when they get a long sword.

Level 9
why hasn't blizzard hired zweb yet? The canyon/tower is epic... just terrain in general+all the custom triggers and stuff.... also. did you make the tower model yourself, or is there a link to it somewhere?

Level 3
Plus, its been a while sinse Blizzard seemed to have ever paid attention to Warcraft 3... that is just how it seems to me, i may be wrong

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I finally completed the last thing that prevented me from starting terraining the last island of D4: the walkable iceplane tile.

I moved away from the old approach using doodads, due to some bugs with the graphics engine of wc3 and instead went for a semi-transparent groundtile, using cloud reflections to create the illusion of a shiny, pointy surface.

Attachments

• Ice1.jpg
    Ice1.jpg
    723.5 KB · Views: 427
  • Ice2.jpg
    Ice2.jpg
    729.3 KB · Views: 459

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I just wanted to confirm that this is not dead... I am just very very busy due to a lot of work that needs to be done first (currently, I need a lot of money, so I took a part-time job in addition to my final exams degrees I have to write over the year).

I will continue this as soon as I have a moment to breathe... right now, it's almost impossible for me.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Sorry, no new progress up until now. Looks really bad from the current perspective. I'd like to do more for the map, but unfortunately, I can't until the middle of october.

I still have laboratory work to do, which is hopefully going to be completed by october. I think I will be able to continue this then.

Until then, I can only recommend all Gaias players to buy the Baldur's Gate Enhanced edition when it is released at the 18th of september. I'm not getting paid for saying this, but Baldurs Gate was the game that greatly inspired me for this map and is possibly one of the best games ever produced up until now.
Everyone who hasn't played this, make sure to at least give it a try... and buy it, don't copy it. I will stalk you and beat the shit out of you if you do. ;D
... the reason I'm saying this is because: I want those developers to get the money for developing a Baldurs Gate III. I'm anticipating this game since ... like ... ever...

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Zwei i totally agree. Since i was 10 years old and played BG1 the first time.. man i was sold.
Completed the game like 10 times now, the last few times with mods, but damn its just so great. Never liked the 2nd game and its expansion though as i thought it was a bit cheap how some random idiot called Irenicus suddenly captures six people who just killed off Sarevok and his Iron Throne - which in my opinion should be some of the toughest people in the lore, which they apparently are not - and Throne of Bhaal was just.. linear and even cheaper. The first game is, as i have already stated, one of the best games i have ever played, so i'm totally buying the enhanced edition.

Level 13
Leave him alone, I'm sure he'll get it done when he gets time :p

On another note, Sons of Anarchy is fucking crazy so far!

I just like to check up monthly

And holy shit yes, great start to the season and that thing in prison, man, did not see that coming. Looking forward to Ep. 5 since 4 pretty much covered ground.

Level 6
On another note, Sons of Anarchy is fucking crazy so far!

I will watch the season if its finished otherwise i cant wait for the next epidsode but after season 4 i cant wait to see what happens !

samcro rocks da shit !

Level 13
I will watch the season if its finished otherwise i cant wait for the next epidsode but after season 4 i cant wait to see what happens !

samcro rocks da shit !

Season 5 started roughly a month ago shapy, the 5th episode for S5 comes out on the 9th of October.

Level 6
yeah i know but i dont watch it cause i cant wait for the next episodes so i have to wait till the season is over :goblin_yeah:

Status
Not open for further replies.