• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gaias 1.2 ... and yes, I'm not joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
My suggestion for 1.2 is to make feline reflexes a skill wich don't cancel your previous orders (like phase boots or lothar's), this is extremaly annoying.

Level 1
My suggestion for 1.2 is to make feline reflexes a skill wich don't cancel your previous orders (like phase boots or lothar's), this is extremaly annoying.

I agree. It's so annoying when for example you're watching something on the other side of the map, you wanna get there fast and you click feline reflexes. What it does is just stop unless you order to move again after using it.:ogre_rage:

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I doubt that this is possible. All instant orders always cancel all previous orders.

About the current progress:
I just finished all of the graphs and calculations for my research paper. All that is left is putting it into context and finalize/proofread the paper. I assume it will most likely be done by this weekend. As soon as my professor greenlights the paper, I can continue working on Gaias.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I think items are the exceptions, which makes it a bit harder fix :/
Item abilities are very bugged when used as unit abilities. They usually don't get correct cooldowns, bug orderstrings or have no icon/messed up tooltips.

I don't feel that Feline Reflexes is broken or anything in its status quo, so I will keep it as it is. It's really not that much of a bother to simply click the destination again after activating it. You can even enqueue it.

Level 5
59677d1349702842-ok-meme-face_okay.jpg

Level 1
Bug

In 1.1L(3) version have some "bug".There two bridges in the middle area of map and in the east-middle part of map...We cant go on this bridge!I think haven't some...ammmm...parts of bridge or this bridge too far from road.

P.S. Sorry 4 my bad eng...I'm Russian! =]:ogre_haosis:

Level 4
first of all sorry for my bad english, please try to undestand me.

well my way of thinking is based on logic, as far as i have seen this rpg is also based on it.
1)so i want to begin by saying that berserker should be the class with the highest attack power and not crusader (without any passive or acctive skills) simply because bers uses two hands to attack and crus one, well in this case two hands power > one hand power.
the attack speed should be almost the same.

2)agility should also increase evasion, movement speed

3)changing the inventory is a great idea, its a pitty that you wont change it:/
you could item more items, like boots

4)for crusader you could add shield block in general, i dont know if the skill will be active or passive but add. it makes a lot of sense :D

5)i saw that you have problems with crus on how to make him keep aggro.
well one suggestion, lower the taunt's cool down.

6)steal ability of assassin should NOT cost mp at all

these are my ideas for now. i will be back when i think of more.

Level 17
@ Top4
its not a bug, theres nothing behind the 2 bridges, maybe just some decoration or maybe there will be a new area in future

@ doubtful
1)well if the crusader wouldnt deal that much damage, he cannot hold aggro, btw in my opinion a berserker has mor ap than a crusader 0.o

2)movementspeed for agility is not a good idea

3)the current inventory system is perfect, i dont like it if the systems are too complex and compicated

5)..... its not cause of the taunt. a crusader can hold the aggro most of the times, hes not that good at tanking bosses, but each class has his weakness. if you want to tank a boss without having problems, take monk.

Level 4
@ Top4
its not a bug, theres nothing behind the 2 bridges, maybe just some decoration or maybe there will be a new area in future

@ doubtful
1)well if the crusader wouldnt deal that much damage, he cannot hold aggro, btw in my opinion a berserker has mor ap than a crusader 0.o

2)movementspeed for agility is not a good idea

3)the current inventory system is perfect, i dont like it if the systems are too complex and compicated

5)..... its not cause of the taunt. a crusader can hold the aggro most of the times, hes not that good at tanking bosses, but each class has his weakness. if you want to tank a boss without having problems, take monk.

ok i will be a little rude but thats the only way.
what im writing is not for ranodom people who have never spent time on thinking how to create a game. iam writing my opinion to the creators cause i consider them as people who spend time to think and dont run ints conclusions just to secure their EGO...
im writing all these because i myself try to create an rpg based on logic and i have done a lot of thiking on many subjects.

people who are willing to spend time on thinking can find solutions to all problems. so the question is how much time are you creators of gaias willing to spend time on this rpg.

listen kid because crus cannot hold aggro that doesnt mean that you give him damage. if we think like that then why dont give crusader a strong spell to keep aggro. with your way of thinking we are losing what is called balance within CLASSES.

movement speed for agility is a great idea. the thing here is the amount fo the speed you give with each AGI point. so that you dont lose the balance.
got it kid? now go ahead and start thiking...

the current inv system is very good none says its not, but it can always become better.
instead of healing potion we can use that slot to equip BOOTS which doesnt exist in the rpg and it should. and make healing pots useable from backpack or inventory.
sooooo you are saying me that adding boots items is something you DONT WANT?!?!?!? kid dont say stupid things just to feel you said something, to fell like now you are someone!!!

SORRY for the HARD CORE language but i cant stand KIDS who write things without thinking. write things just to feel they are worthy. well kids you are not worthy. just shut up, listen and THINK.
offfffff

there is a russian old saying which goes like this:
first LEARN to listen and THINK then ANSWER.

Socrates also used to say that..

Level 4
new thought

1)there shouldnt be limit of players for dungeons. i dont see the reason. or else correct me

2)as i said above. it would be great if we could use healings pots from backpack or inventory. if you do that the the slot will be empty and you can add boots items

3)i played gems of unification rpg which map is based on gaias map. in GOU i liked that there was Birthmark choice. Birthmarks are some abilities that you can choose only once and then cannot be changed. each birthmark gives different abilities.
Now if you could add something like that in gaias it would be awesome. it would make everyones character more unique.
i undestand there is a balance issue here and need time and effort, but it would be great.

4)STR should also give an amount of HP, im not saying you should delete constitution but what im saying is that you can make constitution 20
insted of 15 and also make STR give an amount of health, because STR represents muscle and muscle give you endurance. soo it would be normal
if STR was giving a small amount of health also. like blizzard made it. it makes sense.

5)INT should also increase a small amount of mana

Level 4
Seriously, I barely read these forums anymore, but seeing idiots like doubtful who seem to have just started playing Gaias bring up all these "suggestions" that would literally turn Gaias into the easiest ORPG ever.

Berserkers out dps Crusaders, despite what you think. A "good" crusader can maintain aggro and still not deal alot of damage if they use their skills effectively.

Movement speed for agility? Why would that make any sort of sense, especially when you're proposing to add a slot for "boots", this isn't DOTA.

Changing the pots to your backpack would be one of the silliest things to do. It would be too hard to swap between your inventory and backpack just to try to heal when you're about to die on a boss, especially on classes that have active abilities on their items, like Mindbreaker.

Like really? You "don't see a reason" for the limit of players in dungeons? Are you just really that naive, or just plain stupid. I would really hope that the language barrier wouldn't deter from your lack of logic. Allowing 6 people into dungeons would make it way too easy, alot easier than it already is. I mean when you can easily run through D3 with 3 people without much effort, running it with the current max of 5 gets so boring that it's not even fun.

As for your attribute idea for HP/INT, who gives a fuck "like blizzard made it". It's a custom map, the creators can do whatever the fuck they want. Giving Crusaders or Berserkers even more HP than they already have with STR would be utterly ridiculous. They would put less points in constitution and just place them into either agility or intelligence to better benefit them to deal more damage. Same applies for the caster classes with intel, they wouldn't have to put any points into wisdom and could just grab more HP and make the game incredibly easy.

doubtful said:
"SORRY for the HARD CORE language but i cant stand KIDS who write things without thinking. write things just to feel they are worthy. "

Familiar?

You're an idiot, why would you come here mouthing off to someone when all Gimli did was answer your questions without an attitude.

Level 10
Doubtful you are talking to people who have played this game for years. We know a lot about this game. Sure not as much as the creators but you are being very ignorant and the fact that you are calling us 'KIDS' and insulting pretty much everyone in the Gaias community just shows us how much of a "KID" you are.

I could say so much more but it's just not worth my time to try and explain something that you won't understand so I went around and gave certain people positive reputation instead

EDIT: I accidentally gave doubtful positive reputation in my sharing. I am not a clever man. Consider it a gift.

Last edited:
Level 4
Doubtful you are talking to people who have played this game for years. We know a lot about this game. Sure not as much as the creators but you are being very ignorant and the fact that you are calling us 'KIDS' and insulting pretty much everyone in the Gaias community just shows us how much of a "KID" you are.

I could say so much more but it's just not worth my time to try and explain something that you won't understand so I went around and gave certain people positive reputation instead

EDIT: I accidentally gave doubtful positive reputation in my sharing. I am not a clever man.

1)i play this game for about 1,5 year KIDS!

2)only the fact that you get insulted from words makes you a big fucking KID! (im not going to explain you how is that happening, cause you are way too much uneducated when it comes to subject as Psychology)

3)now let me decribe you, your and the others way of thinking in here. you are a bunch of deeply psychologicaly sick kids and you dont even know how sick they are.
YOU ALL act like a group of people which simple rejects the difference.
its a very common behaviour between pshycologicaly sick people to support each other without being able to think logicaly what is right and what is wrong. you are part of the sick human world, like is the rest 85% of humanity.
and because the most (85%) are sick like you, you think that you the majority are right. but you dont know that you are simply sick and you dont have a fucking clue of it. you forced me to go to subjects as philosophy and pshycology which are both things that i read books about.
now KIDS go grow up please and stop crying without THINKING.

Level 3
@doubtful
Just because your idea was shit, pointless, illogical and rejected by skilled players of Gaia doesn't mean you have to rage about it. They played and learned this game more than you did so they have the right to correct you in your mistakes. I wonder what will be Zweib's reaction to your suggestions.

Level 4
most people aggre with my suggestions. they dont rush into conclusions and make useless comments like some of you. or even if they dont aggre complitely they still think about it.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
First: I will not delete any of the posts... simply because both sides were equally aggressive here and I think nobody here is jumping on a blade just because of reading someones oppinion. However, if this flaming continues, I will take measures. I suppose we are adults and I would want you guys to behave like one.

Calling someone sick or being and idiot is just not neccesary, even if you feel like his oppinions are not good.

The decisions on the design process of Gaias have always been made by me, never by the community. That doesn't mean I am not open to suggestions. Whenever I read suggestions, I check wether the reasoning behind the suggestion agrees with my understanding of what I want to create and after that, think about wether and how I will implement it.
I will surely never implement features suggested, that I feel inappropriate for Gaias, even if the sheer majority of people is positive for it. That doesn't mean I won't consider it. I just have my own ideas and feeling for this project and on the long run, I'm making it for me, not for the community. I'm not getting paid or anything; I'm just investing my free time here, nothing else.

That being said; yes, I am open for suggestions. Will I implement anything that is highly controversial? Probably, but unlikely unless I don't like the idea. Will I implement anything that I feel is inappropriate? Certainly not.

I am a gamer myself. I'm playing RPGs for over 15 years now. I can judge almost all of the design decisions based on my experience both as a designer and as a player. I think you guys won't have to fear me making unthought decisions just out of the moment. I won't ever. Implementing new stuff is always a high amount of work. I won't do that just for nothing.

About the suggestions (as everyone seems to want to know my oppinion):
I read them. I partly understood the reasoning behind it, but I don't share the oppinion.
I like the idea of the birthmarks, but I feel that on the long run such system don't work the way they are intended. In the end there is always one "best choice" for the class, rendering the other choices obsolete - at least it was like that in other rpgs I played so far.
Other stuff suggested to streamline the game more to other games... well, sorry, but I don't want a streamlined game. I like the idea of having more than 3 stats as it feels more balanced that way. The way blizzard decided to make the stats suits and RTS style of game. But not an RPG styled game.

Level 4
First: I will not delete any of the posts... simply because both sides were equally aggressive here and I think nobody here is jumping on a blade just because of reading someones oppinion. However, if this flaming continues, I will take measures. I suppose we are adults and I would want you guys to behave like one.

Calling someone sick or being and idiot is just not neccesary, even if you feel like his oppinions are not good.

The decisions on the design process of Gaias have always been made by me, never by the community. That doesn't mean I am not open to suggestions. Whenever I read suggestions, I check wether the reasoning behind the suggestion agrees with my understanding of what I want to create and after that, think about wether and how I will implement it.
I will surely never implement features suggested, that I feel inappropriate for Gaias, even if the sheer majority of people is positive for it. That doesn't mean I won't consider it. I just have my own ideas and feeling for this project and on the long run, I'm making it for me, not for the community. I'm not getting paid or anything; I'm just investing my free time here, nothing else.

That being said; yes, I am open for suggestions. Will I implement anything that is highly controversial? Probably, but unlikely unless I don't like the idea. Will I implement anything that I feel is inappropriate? Certainly not.

I am a gamer myself. I'm playing RPGs for over 15 years now. I can judge almost all of the design decisions based on my experience both as a designer and as a player. I think you guys won't have to fear me making unthought decisions just out of the moment. I won't ever. Implementing new stuff is always a high amount of work. I won't do that just for nothing.

About the suggestions (as everyone seems to want to know my oppinion):
I read them. I partly understood the reasoning behind it, but I don't share the oppinion.
I like the idea of the birthmarks, but I feel that on the long run such system don't work the way they are intended. In the end there is always one "best choice" for the class, rendering the other choices obsolete - at least it was like that in other rpgs I played so far.
Other stuff suggested to streamline the game more to other games... well, sorry, but I don't want a streamlined game. I like the idea of having more than 3 stats as it feels more balanced that way. The way blizzard decided to make the stats suits and RTS style of game. But not an RPG styled game.

1)i know that people in real life like to run into conclustions without thinking first. so the same is happening also here. thats a fact.
thats why i call them kids. Knowing very well how people think i never wanted their replys. i always wanted your relpy because if you
created this game so far that means you are the proper person to listen me.

2)agree 100%. if i start creating my rpg i will do the same.

3)i know very well that adding new stuff requires time and effort. i said that on my comments. also i wrote it would be awesome :D

4)look i know that in this part you are refering to the AGI.
but making AGI also increasing movment speed or evasion you dont OP AGI based classes and thats because there is always the amount of the increasment. and thats up too you to see the balances. all i said is that it makes sense for AGI to give Movement and evasion as well as for STR to give a small amount of HP.

5)These are my suggestions. and they will always stay as suggestions since they cant be anythine else.
i will keep telling you my thought and you decide what you will like to do. i just dont want spam from PLAYERS!

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
1)i know that people in real life like to run into conclustions without thinking first. so the same is happening also here. thats a fact.
thats why i call them kids. Knowing very well how people think i never wanted their replys. i always wanted your relpy because if you
created this game so far that means you are the proper person to listen me.
I think posting in a public forum can't be considered "I meant this just for one person to read and comment on". That being said, I think a certain kind of provocation was there, as there is in all posts being made public.
If the question would just be for me, you could have send a PM to me.

4)look i know that in this part you are refering to the AGI.
but making AGI also increasing movment speed or evasion you dont OP AGI based classes and thats because there is always the amount of the increasment. and thats up too you to see the balances. all i said is that it makes sense for AGI to give Movement and evasion as well as for STR to give a small amount of HP.
Just because you seem to really want to know my oppinion on this special case:
Agi already increases Evasion and always did. Check the stat description formulaes for information on that.
AGI increasing movement speed would mess up the balancing as movement speed is an integral part of boss design. Certain bosses are meant to always be faster than the players (like Lady Carimedraz, which would render the whole encounter pointless if you would be able to kite her with a single Agi class), whereas others should have the same speed as players, etc.
There are abilities that temporarily increase movement speed, like Feline Reflexes of the Ranger base class, but those spells are balanced on a high cooldown, to make them situational spells. Giving player heroes a permanent movement speed boost would require total rebalancing of all boss encounters, especially those AoE-heavy encounters.
About STR increasing HP:
In very early builds of Gaias, STR indeed gave HP until I made a dedicated CON stat for it. The reason for that is that adding HP to STR gave a way too huge HP boost for STR-based classes, rendering the other classes an unbalanced mess. It's simply not a good trait of design to have a character-damage stat also raise the endurance capability. AGI does this for AGI classes aswell, hence why I removed the armor bonus from AGI. If I don't do that, people could pump everything into their main stat not sacrificing anything at all, boosting both defence and offense at the same time.
I want people to decide between defence and offense, not being able to get both at the same time. This kind of customization is what makes a good RPG-system.

Level 4
you are right i should have sent it to you.

hmm
i think you misunderstood me. i guess thats because my english are bad also.
what i am going to do now is to explain myself with more details and not suggest you to change anything anymore on these matters.

All i do is try to think logically.

STR represents muscle right? muscle gives you an amount of endurance also (that would be HP). Now... im not suggesting to make each STR point give 15 HP but 5 would be fine. also im not suggesting you to remove CON but increase it to 20 with each point.
considering all the above that would mean that: at lvl 40 for example with 20 points to STR you increase 100 HP. (which i think is fine). and with 20 points to CON 400 HP.

again based on logic:
Yes i agree with you! Agility should NEVER give armor, it simply doenst make sense! you did VERY WELL that you removed it.
but... AGI has to do with speed in general. so again based on logic its not absurd for AGI to give a small amount of speed also.

NOW i understand that by doing such thing you will need to reprogram the WHOLE speed thing in the game and that wants tonz of work.

sooo no hard feelings, i hope we understand each other, and even if you have hard feelings i dont care! i will keep playing Gaias.:ogre_datass:

Level 13
Strength, in general, doesn't always mean a person has more endurance. You can be well sculpted physically but lack in cardio. The constitution stat may be changed slightly in later versions, but having both damage and durability on the same stat is a mistake.

The current system works quite well doubtful, the game is balanced and works with the stat system. Doing any changes to it at all may result in a complete reworking of the combat system. For example, resistance is probably going to be added to wisdom, which is going to require an overall on how resistances are added to players through alternate means to avoid people becoming near immortal to various elements.

Lastly, when posting opinions on this forum, you're more than welcome to direct them at the designer but the community is entitled to defend any changes if they don't feel they are necessary. Any input you get could bring more light to your ideas, such as Zwieb mentioning how movement speed bonuses would affect bosses. Attacking people doesn't help bring your opinions forward either.

Level 4
Strength, in general, doesn't always mean a person has more endurance. You can be well sculpted physically but lack in cardio. The constitution stat may be changed slightly in later versions, but having both damage and durability on the same stat is a mistake.

The current system works quite well doubtful, the game is balanced and works with the stat system. Doing any changes to it at all may result in a complete reworking of the combat system. For example, resistance is probably going to be added to wisdom, which is going to require an overall on how resistances are added to players through alternate means to avoid people becoming near immortal to various elements.

Lastly, when posting opinions on this forum, you're more than welcome to direct them at the designer but the community is entitled to defend any changes if they don't feel they are necessary. Any input you get could bring more light to your ideas, such as Zwieb mentioning how movement speed bonuses would affect bosses. Attacking people doesn't help bring your opinions forward either.

1)i know that stamina and STR are totally different things my friend. someone may have a lot STR (muscle) but not stamina at all. soooooo iam not saying that STR is stamina but considering STR as muscle you are provided with extra endurance against physical dmg. when muscle is created naturally it makes your body thicker and gives you more resist to phsyical damage. sooo that resist of physical damage would be HP.
AND i never said having both CON and STR to damage and durablity. read carefully. CON cant be damage. STR is damage and a little of endurance. thats my opinion on this matter.

2)yes wisdom should give resistances to cold, heat, lightning and poison.

3)i DEEPLY discribed what i think on people's opinions since i dont know them. Exactle as you said they are against new ideas not because they have thought about them but to secure their existing knowledge. peoples opinions are not based on reason but on their EGO. Thats a common human behaviour in the EGOISTIC societies we live in. protecing what we already believe.

When i meet a person i understand if that person is able to think freely or not. even from the very few words they might say.

Level 28
1)
3)i DEEPLY discribed what i think on people's opinions since i dont know them. Exactle as you said they are against new ideas not because they have thought about them but to secure their existing knowledge. peoples opinions are not based on reason but on their EGO. Thats a common human behaviour in the EGOISTIC societies we live in. protecing what we already believe.

This doesn't connect on what Vestra's trying to say. He doesn't mean the ego part, he just mean that every time you post on a forum you'll always get criticized or get some replies from other users who are just stating their own opinion as you're giving your own opinion/ideas/etc. Its normal dude you just need to get used to it.

Level 4
to my friend sonofjay
OPINIONS are like assholes everyone has one !!

you can say the same for me. that is normal !!
thats why when somone says something he has to have some arugments to support his statement or else the statement can be considered as none existing.
i gave arguemnts for my statements and my arguements are based on logic. if they are not based on logic prove me wrong or dont say bullshit just because you never though of what i saying. (im not addresing to you right now).

so once again the conclusion here is that before we say something we do what is so called "thinking" (again im not addresing to you but in general)

i start getting tired with this subject dude.

Level 6
im curios why cant you just leave the spaming with the same opinions thing over and over a whole page of forum wasted with this thing, just let people say what they wana say u expressed your point already long ago, the whole extension all over forum was unessessary

Level 13
1)i know that stamina and STR are totally different things my friend. someone may have a lot STR (muscle) but not stamina at all. soooooo iam not saying that STR is stamina but considering STR as muscle you are provided with extra endurance against physical dmg. when muscle is created naturally it makes your body thicker and gives you more resist to phsyical damage. sooo that resist of physical damage would be HP.
AND i never said having both CON and STR to damage and durablity. read carefully. CON cant be damage. STR is damage and a little of endurance. thats my opinion on this matter.

2)yes wisdom should give resistances to cold, heat, lightning and poison.

When i meet a person i understand if that person is able to think freely or not. even from the very few words they might say.

Having extra muscle doesn't stop you taking more damage from a giant axe. Armor does that, and will continue to do so. The stats are fine as they are. As Zwieb has already said, changing them would change nearly all ingame content. What you're suggesting will make tanks that can already hold their positions well MUCH tanker, to a point where they barely need a good healer to get through dungeons.

I can't speak for future content, but stat wise, the current content is well balanced for the levels it should be attempted with. You can easily get through d3 with 500 hp.

When wisdom gets its new buff I believe zwieb was considering adding more hp per point of cont but I don't think you'll ever see it on strength.

As for bringing any form of input regarding psychology into a forum, don't. It's really quite simple. Arguing on the internet is pointless, you just end up butting heads with people for a few days and then nobody gets anywhere. Half your rants have been over-dramatic. People are just voicing counter opinions. Voicing an opinion has nothing to do with ego. Believing your opinion is only worthy of being answered by a game designed does.

Bounce ideas off the community, work with them to come to a solid combined idea that is worth approaching Zwieb with and then it can potentially go somewhere. In the end we all want the same thing, for the game to be challenging and fun. Forcing your ideas forward with anger or rudeness doesn't go well I assure you, I've been there before.

Level 4
Having extra muscle doesn't stop you taking more damage from a giant axe. Armor does that, and will continue to do so. The stats are fine as they are. As Zwieb has already said, changing them would change nearly all ingame content. What you're suggesting will make tanks that can already hold their positions well MUCH tanker, to a point where they barely need a good healer to get through dungeons.

I can't speak for future content, but stat wise, the current content is well balanced for the levels it should be attempted with. You can easily get through d3 with 500 hp.

When wisdom gets its new buff I believe zwieb was considering adding more hp per point of cont but I don't think you'll ever see it on strength.

As for bringing any form of input regarding psychology into a forum, don't. It's really quite simple. Arguing on the internet is pointless, you just end up butting heads with people for a few days and then nobody gets anywhere. Half your rants have been over-dramatic. People are just voicing counter opinions. Voicing an opinion has nothing to do with ego. Believing your opinion is only worthy of being answered by a game designed does.

Bounce ideas off the community, work with them to come to a solid combined idea that is worth approaching Zwieb with and then it can potentially go somewhere. In the end we all want the same thing, for the game to be challenging and fun. Forcing your ideas forward with anger or rudeness doesn't go well I assure you, I've been there before.

My friend right now you look at STR as armor so you get comfused !! i didnt say STR should reduce the damage you take from physical attacks(ofc that is something that armor does).
analyze your thoughts more carefully ^_^

as far as all the pshycological stuff. iam done with it i have nothine else to say

Level 13
My friend right now you look at STR as armor so you get comfused !! i didnt say STR should reduce the damage you take from physical attacks(ofc that is something that armor does).
analyze your thoughts more carefully ^_^

as far as all the pshycological stuff. iam done with it i have nothine else to say

Not at all, I'm saying armor roughly equals extra hp in the sense that it increases your combat durability. You try tanking late game units with 1000 hp and no armor, see how you go without a good healer.

Analyse your own thoughts, you're suggesting making tanks that function absolutely fine, tanker, for no reason whatsoever, no logic, just because you think constitution should increase more and that strength should do the same job.

This is why people jumped on your idea, your logic is flawed and your ideas are broken. The community and game maker justified this.

And again, I will mention, being stronger doesn't mean you last longer in combat. An axe to the face will do the same job. Strength basically affects how hard you hit, and that is exactly what it does: Damage for strength based melee classes + crit damage multiplier.

Level 6
well i wasted some time surfing around all gaias forum and for what i saw version 1.2 has been in plans for over 1 year..................this rly makes me wonder if its rly happening b4 a pig flyes or this world "ends".

Not trying to be rude just,....i dont know how to call it............... :hohum:

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I just wanted to clarify that the concepts for 1.2 are basicly set into stone by now. This includes the whole stat issue.
STR will remain how it is. The reason for that is that I feel it is pretty much balanced. I might be convinced to increase the crit-damage modifier a little, but that's another topic.
The reason why STR should not give HP at all is that this would further increase the gap between STR and non-STR classes in terms of HP. The STR classes already have a much larger HP pool due to more HP on their equipment and less need for other stats.

Just to bring everyone up to the same page:
both WIS and CON stats are going to be buffed in the upcoming update.
While WIS will provide a small boost to all resistances (+2% per WIS point) to improve survivability of mana-based classes and encourage a drop of some CON in favour for WIS for those classes, CON will get a small exponential HP increase to make it scale better with higher levels (+0,4 HP per character level per CON point plus the existing flat bonus).

And please stop asking for news about 1.2... I will come up with News and pictures as soon as I got something new to present. I won't hold anything back as I know how long it was since the last update.
It won't take long anymore for my research paper to finish. I'm on the last part.

Last edited:
Level 13
Good news, everyone! I just finished my research paper including literature sources, etc. and now need to wait for the feedback of my prof.
Which basicly means: I got freetime again. :)

I will probably start working on the map tomorrow or thursday. Let's see what I can do.

2009-02-27-professor_farnsworth.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.