• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Future RP Construction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Ok this is a branch off the New Roleplay Thread for the construction of the brand new soon to be !!Space Future Rp Thingy!! If your new please read end of New Roleplay Thread (note this includes only the last several pages since the one before it are a completely different dead rp). If you've been on New Roleplay continue conversation.

Level 8
They all talking about taking the ideas from Star Trek, Star Gate, Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica and all that, but why dont we come up with something new? Can I write/plan out how it could be, or atleast something you can adapt off?

Level 23
WRONG! The name comes last, first we need to think of the basis, the skeleton, the core, for example, will it be only aliens? Will it be with fantasy (magic and all that stuff), and btw, It's rather hard to think of something new, but I already have some ideas for my race ^^.

Edit:

Roleplaying thread: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-unamed-futuristic-roleplaying-thread-135708/

RULES (part)

No humans

No messing with time

No long distance teleporting, or teleporting through shields.

OOC: in front of every off topic post in the roleplaying thread

No Godmodding!

(more to come)

Last edited:
Level 14
I've already thought of the basic lore of it. It will be original I wouldn't ahve it any other way :O! I think it should be more classical we don't need to make it complicated with magic.

Level 5
I think we need some universal Mega Power source to like in stargate the crystals power everything...

Level 23
Well, I think you should be able to do just about any kind of power, but you'd have to explain how it works (except for telekinetics etc.) for example, breathing fire works by storing methane from the intestines in a special methane lung, then he can, at any wished time (if the methane lungs are somewhat full) blow the methane out of his mouth, and light it with a small spark, comming from his tongue (working the same as an electric eel)

Level 14
Well on the crystal thing one of my races has a crystal that is extremely important to their society like powers things etc., but I don't know about every race having it. Why not like different racesd may be more advanced and have different power scources like anti matter or nuclear power or something.

Level 8
Wow.. interesting.. melee spaceships... Space-Rams?
Ill probbly make a peacefull trade race who has a single planet. Wheres the exitment in that, you ask? Ill think of something...

Level 23
lol I already have my side fleshed out in Order of RP :p Technology and everything :3 no magic, just pure science and an epic military power. :3 I lost my sole ally after a while and cause of my race's epicness (I am head of the leading science and military branch of the race's society), I have easily been able to stand on my own. I avoid copying things from Star Trek and Stargate, etc. but it's kind of hard not to when you need a form of warp technology to get from system to system :p (I have subspace from the ganme, Freespace 2 :p) I won't reveil too much about my epic fleet, but I am just saying that if you want to be origional, Science can help you find things that Sci-fi shows ignored due to the plot requirements (getting somewher, etc. So, you can find holes that would make things fail, or even better, and thus find interesting applications for their use :p

lol a fleet of battle-rams? XD

Level 14
Somethings will be copied from other sci fi things since a lot of times that provide a extremely good explanation for something,.

Battle rams seriously.

I have around 2 races in mind one being an empire the other being an unknown highly advanced race on one planet.

Level 23
No, not battle-rams >.< You think too blunt.. No, wings that have edges with plasma on front, which they use to cut right through the hulls of ships and all ships also send out a powerfull, low range EMP pulse, preventing annoying shields from kicking in, think, small fighters swarming around, cutting open a massive ship, or two massive battleships, crushing another massive battleship between two massive cutting-wings ^^.

Level 23
except the parts where the plasma comes out would be ground away from the sliding across the hull's with that friction. and the EMP would also knockout the fighter's systems, unless they had a way of protecting it, but that would fail as the EMP would come from the fighter. And if the fighter has wings that release plasma, then the wings would also be in danger of being melted away. :/ Nice idea though :p But not completly logical XD

Level 23
Thing=Plasma cutters, those things also do not destroy themselves, now scale that up a bit, and make it go in one line, or maybe a bit different... as for the EMP, it's being emmitted, from several places on the hull to prevent hitting itself.

Level 8
Heh, i was joking with Space-Rams:wink:.

Il pro'lly use the pics from Order of Rping (My pics, not the other ones)

Level 23
and my drones will disable you all. With the Drone HUB in each ship that launches drones, each drone becomes the equivelant of an ace pilot. Except, they have a much better reaction time and are rather precise with aiming and manueverability. >:3 Without the HUB, they are just good pilot equivelants. Luckily for you, it'll all be over soon... >:3 You will only have to deal with the half million drones invading your system after you attack my core planet :p Oh, and much of my entire fleet including my three planet crackers. :p (don't rip my ship ideas please D: come up with your own D:) Either way, your screwed :p

Level 23
Hmm... Making sand and metals burn? good luck, my people prefer desertlike planets, and btw, you will be cut to shreds before you can even near any of our planets XD, our fleet has just about the best pilots in a very large radious (this, to make up for the lack of ranged combat) sure, you'll be able to destroy our ships from range, but as soon as we get close, you're lost ^^. Anyway, we're not an agressive race, we like fair fights, some sort of honor and sand ^^.

Level 5
Lol all i know is i have spider like robots that latch onto your hull and eat away at your ship and such... And I'm thinking about coming up with some sort of energy leach type thing...

Level 23
and I have plenty of armour on my ships. :p about two inches of nano-steel on a carrier and it can run a blockade :p about 2 feet on my Planet Crackers, and it can easily survive one of it's Planet Cracker bombs (haven't decided a name for monthes D:) going off as it's launched :D and about a foot on my flagship :3 All nano-steel and reinfoced nano-steel technology is soley for BSC use only. the secrets on how to create it is only for BSC to know on the highest level :p Better find your own armour :p A super nova has only been able to scorch and scratch it with my Nova Shields up to protect my fleet within a second.

Level 5
-Sigh- Since were on the topic of godmoding... Perhaps my bots will now have a giant needle capable of piercing through nearly any armor far enough to inject a small piece of of technology with no name known yet that latches on to your engine room and travels there undetected and leaches off your power source till its no longer usable than returns back to my ship giving me the extra power boost to rip through your "Thick Armor" with no shields due to no power... Or maybe just some big bombs...

Level 23
... wouldn't you need to peirce the thick armour to get enough power to peirce the armour? D: Besides, whil;e your bots do that, I can destroy your ship while you wait to get enough power for shields to protect against me, and weapons to "attempt" to fend me off :p

Level 23
Versaigen... YOU GODMODDER! Seriously, how the hell could you POSSIBLY create an armor, that can withstand something that would destroy a planet... Don't forget, all the armor you make, is still made of worldly resources, and for the sake of the RP, your ships HAVE to have a weakness, and the greater the strength, the greater the weakness, my great weakness is that my race refuses to use ranged, as a result, they've become expert pilots who can dodge most of the bullets, beams and bombs thrown at it and the melee attack combines both plasma (which is also rather powerfull in ranged) and the mass/speed the fighter throws at it, oh and the wings also are larger than common plasma shots ^^, as for ships bigger than the small fighters, they don't even have the plasma, the shear mass and speed of the ship, destroys most shields and armours of same sized hostile ships, if it doesn't break it? then two big ships will crush it ^^. However, this requires way better maneuvering abillities than normal ranged attacks, and the risk of harming their own ship is also greater, also, their energy shields are only on their flanks, around the wings, this energy shield is very strong, but only at the flanks, and only when cutting through an enemy ship (else it would take too much energy) this is to prevent the explosion of a hostile ship to destroy the ship itself.

Level 8
No use, DarkKnight...
From what i've seen in Order of RPing, var HAS to have an "i pwnz u in the end" answer to EVERYTHING. No matter if its godmoding, or actual RP. He just HAS to. I say deal with it, before you start getting anoyied by that fact.
Thats why ill a trade empire, no need to compete in war tech with others..

Level 23
I'll end it quickly then...

black holes suddenly appear throughout your empire and destroy EVERYTHING that has to do with your empire, and you won't be able to revive, there, now stop godmodding and build a decent empire, that has strengths and weaknesses and is NOT a super empire, sure, they may be military superior, however, they MUST have weaknesses.

Level 23
lol short answer, sure I like pwning my enemy, but I like to think it's my strategy that brings the destructive victories :p Thing is, I already had such a thing occur, when sacrid sent a beam into the very launch tube that the bomb was being launched from. That entire section was crippled, and massive shockwaved shook the ship, severly damaging thath part of the ship, but not enough that it would snap off. I managed to force sacrid to retreat, and took the oppertunity to get repairs on both my Planet Cracker and my flagship. The Planet Cracker took a while :/

... just so you know, I don't godmod. -.- My Planet Crackers are slow, since they have all that armour and no drones to claim for their own. Sure, they have lots of mining equipment, but they are more of suited for planetary mining operations. They just make a nice threat to enemies when in war :p But being resourcful with my technology is not godmodding :p I try to keep all aspects of what happens, rather realistic.

and... to satisfy the earlier
var HAS to have an "i pwnz u in the end" answer to EVERYTHING. No matter if its godmoding, or actual RP.
part (>_>), I have had time to develope my empire into the current superpower is is now. I origionally started off with just introducing my flagship, then a planetcracker, then destroyer and cruiser as the planet was having 6 armies trying to claim it, I claimed the system, so I got a quickbuild station (premade, fits together :p perminent ones are reinforced later :p) and I slowly build up my defense over a month and a half. Then, Misha blew up the sun and I had to alter my plans completly, introducing the gas miners.

Status
Not open for further replies.