• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fortress Siege - 1.78b

Fortress Siege current version 1.78b

Defence of the fortress from orc invasion.

-Now with 12 Heroes and one secret hero
-3 optional quests

Version 1.44
-Heroes have now fixed abilities
-Fixed issues at the inner gate
-Fixed issues with dragon stupidity
-Balanced units
-added new unit models

Version 1.45
-Colored Text
-Removed Cameras
-Secret Merchant
-New unit models
-New and updated abilities

Version 1.51
-Fixed Revive trigger
-the game now begin immediately when all players choose a hero (no more wait for initial timer).
-Leaderboard now shows only players that are playing
-Dragon is not invincible while flying
-Friendly units will no longer stack on the ladders
-Units of the leaving player can be controlled by other players
-Changed some hero abilities
-changed some minor issues and balances

Version 1.52
-Fixed some bugs from previous version
-added siege towers

Version 1.53
-Fixed orc grouping at outer wall

Version 1.54
-Chaged abilities to warrior, paladin and priest
-Aded music themes in certain situations

Version 1.55
-Added new hero "Snapshooter"
-added new camera zoom options

Version 1.6
-Assassins are not invisible anymore
-Removed orc hero stun ability
-Raghnarosh proves more chalenging now
-Raghnarosh cannot be attacked from affar

Version 1.61
-Assassins are now able to destroy the lever
-Kings archmage have now better abilities

Version 1.62
-changed some abilities
-Assassin hero is changed to Warden hero with better abilities

Version 1.63
-changed some abilities
-melee hero mana now regenerate when is attacked

Version 1.7
-Added new hero - Sage
-Max level is now 30
-changed Hero abilities like in Defence Of Uthragon
-added new orc units
-Abilities now knockback units

Version 1.71
-added new unit - grand mage
-added new orc unit - Fel Orc Marauder
-Changed abilities for warrior and rogue to more powerfull ones.

Version 1.72
-Added new heroes and abilities

Version 1.72a
-Fixed Warrior hero revival
-Retextured the nature cliffs to snow ones.
-lowered assassin health
-decreased ogre damage

Version 1.72b
-fixed some abilities(holy light new with area effect, prayer of divinity, mountain might)
-some grammatical ( annoying ) texts ( sorry if i missed something)
-some unit abilities

Version 1.72c
-added fell orc ladderman so ladders doesn't rise out of nothing
-fixed some abilities (blast of light, hammer of justice, stone skin, mountain might..)
-added missing staff of teleportation to sage hero

Version 1.73
removed the warden hero and repleaced with assassin hero with new abilities
changed abilities:
Rogue binding knife repleaced with spike trap
Guardian restrain replaced with disarm
Sage earthquake replaced with petrify
Snapshoter field of disruption repleaced with barrage, and stunning shotd with smoke burst
Each hero has now additional lesser ability
Balanced some hero stats

Version 1.74
Added new hero - Berserker
Removed unit aura effects
Changed some units
Assassins Crimson Wrath replaced with Shadow Execution which is area effect ability
Rogue Manifold Strike replaced with Spurious Image
Paladin Holy Light spell fixed

Version 1.75
Sage hero renamed to geomancer
Added new hero - Sage
Changed some unit hero and effect models

Version 1.76
Dragon now doesn't stuck on the ground, instead it trample and damage units.
Trebuchets have now usable siege blast ability
Ballistae have now usable aerial strike ability
Fixed some ability bugs.

Version 1.77
Fel Orc Necrolites now cast the healing totem ability
Taskmaster hero renamed to thane
Sorceress frost strike ability changed to frost attack which
adds a slow effect instead of freezing
Sorceress frost nova slow effect changed to freezing effect
Wizard lightning nova now adds a slow effect
Geomancer petrify ability is targeted as an area

Version 1.78
Redesigned unit and spell models
Tweaked some ability values
Warrior mighty rage ability changed to demoralizing shout
Paladin resurrection ability replaced with righteous wrath
Guardian force crush ability replaced with guardian standard
Rogue severe ability replaced with blade swarm
Rogue spurious image ability replaced with mayhem
Pyromancer fire shield ability replaced with summon fire elemental

Version 1.78a
Reduced some of the models size
Fixed the priest smite ability so that it deals far less damage

Version 1.78b
Ensnare ability now cannot target heroes
Mayhem ability now has a greater range of effect
Repulsion rune has now a greater range of effect but lesser damage and duration
Righteous wrath has now a revive effect instead healing and
deals less damage to enemy units
Siege tower has now a trample ability

There is new reworked Fortress Siege map called the Defence Of Uthragon
with many new things and new terrain. Here is the link:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/defence-uthragon-1-01-a-146455/

Map is protected

Keywords:
Fortress, siege, stronghold, castle, defence, battle, keep, wall.
Contents

Fortress Siege - 1.78b (Map)

Reviews
12:17, 11th Jun 2008 Not to step on other moderator's toes, but I strongly disagree with the last review. This is among the best castle siege/helms deep genre maps out there in my opinion. Unique scripted events to throw interesting variety of...

M

12:17, 11th Jun 2008
Not to step on other moderator's toes, but I strongly disagree with the last review. This is among the best castle siege/helms deep genre maps out there in my opinion. Unique scripted events to throw interesting variety of calamity into the mix, balanced game play that makes even losing matches fun. The feeling that you really are fighting it out over every last inch of territory, well made heroes complete with working AI for solo/offline play and space-fillers for online play, good terrain....and yes, the dragon was awesome. My only gripe is that when the time comes to rally players to fight the boss, the enemies are often in the keep and no one can really afford to leave the castle...

Level 8
This is a really, Nice map,
I enjoyed defending the castle with all computers,
but, some things I didn't like. How come the AI was so dumb? It disturbed me as they really didn't help much.
The Dragon once got stuck on the ground, it went to ground form, and stood there stuck on a cliff, being bombarded by a catapult.
Great Map!
Keep Up the Awesome Work!
-Calvin

Level 1
i think there should be a higher max level and a timer for the attack of the lever.
the ai was really dumb but betteer then without ai.
i didn´t seen any bugs

Keep up the good work

Level 6
This WarcraftIII mod is very good, too. I like castle defense, but i think there should be a little bit more buyable items!
To kill the Orc boss in order to win is very good idea, but i think that you can add more quests for example rescue the knights(neutral) and if you had rescue them they will help you to defeat the orcs!

Ash

Ash

Level 22
I really looked forward to this map, after downloading it; I couldn't play it for a while because I was busy with other things. But, it seems that I was slightly let down when it came to the hilt.

The game began and my eyes begun to bleed. Please, re-write the loading screen and use some good English, or get somebody to help you. Anyway, the hero selection system was fun to use, compared to some generic 'STAND HERE FOR ME' styled selectors.

After finally getting into the action, I loved the first part. Although the whole 'A DRAGON IS ATTACKING!' thing is widely overused, you managed to pull it off with style. The showdown/s that you have are classics. And the enemy AI was quite cool too. I especially liked the way they built ladders to scale the walls, and how the battering ram attacked. But I didn't really understand how/why the drawbridge suddenly falls, maybe a explanation why it comes down is needed?

However, that's practically it for the things I did like. After the dragon was defeated and the dragon told us to move on things fell downhill. There was no real story linking us to why we had to move on -- as with most of the game -- other than 'someone told us too'. Which swiftly moves me onto my next point; why on earth are we fighting anyway? Oh yeah, some Orcs attacked. Like we haven't seen that one before. Spice it up a bit, yeah?

Then on top of that, there is masses and masses of unused land on the map. The Pitlord's base is minuscule compared to everything else, and he was such a push over. The ending really, really spoils the game.

But, we can't all be perfect and I guess this game's only in the beginning of it's development, so it gets the thumbs up from me. Please try to improve the map, though.

2/5 - I thought about my final rating for a while, the defenses playability alone got you 2, if only the rest hadn't been as it is. If the rest of the map was as good as the beginning, you would've got a high 3, or a medium 4.

Last edited:
At first i didn't want to make story, only fast and large castle defence.
the story parts apeared after i added some issues as dragon or catapulting orcs on the tower...
Maybe too much story telling will ruin map playability.

Drawbridge is lowered when nearby lever is destroyed.
Lever is usualy destroyed by orc assasin (which is invisible while moving)
because other units don't manage to get the lever.

Invisible assasins can be spotted by rangers (Which you can buy near the starting position) because they have true sight.

Last edited:
Level 1
the computer ai is better then in previous versions but i can´t find these reinforcement quests.

Level 2
I just see people dieing and when they are about to revive their game crashes and their hero sits at spawn the rest of the game. I think it has something to do with the spawning because people are still responding until their hero spawns. I haven't come close to beating this yet because after three people die, its hard to keep king alive.

Level 8
I experience the same problem that Hero17 experiences, hero revival does not work, just at the moment they should be revived, they die. I tried to look through your triggers for errors, but alas they were protected. Any chance of an update to fix this problem?

Draz

EDIT: Also, please correct your grammar in the loading screen, please!
You should also point out the existence of the invisible enemies so that the player know to defend against them.
I await an update.

Level 1
Tell me if this happens to anyone else; Whenever I or anyone else dies they get disconnected, have you done a trigger incorrectly or is it some kind of bug?

Level 1
4/5

I loved your map it was great but here is the list of problems i got out of it
1. when you revive thee is always a server split.
2. dragon is awsome but it gets stuck alot
3. make heroes more powerful i mean its kinda all archers on walls doing damage
4. MORE items
5. the quest to get the knights in the corner is way to hard that orcs stun is way op
6. fix your loading screen and maybe a custom loading screen
all in all a better map than i could make lol nice work ive hosted it a few times look forward to next version :grin:

Level 2
There's also a bug with the Orc throwing axemen. They get stuck just spawn the middle wall.

Level 2
If map is too difficult you can always change difficulty typing /easy , /medium or /hard.
I will fix the bugs soon.

Can you change the commands to !easy,!medium, !hard, or -easy, -medium, -hard? BattleNet thinks its some kinda of command you are trying to do like talk to your friends.

Level 1
Hey!

When the game started The hero selection stuff was great , much better than the whisp and a circle of power stuff , But the title screen really really needs re-doing ( bad grammar and spelling)

The only few things i have a problem with , is the Resserection bug , pretty annoying.
Also in the rienforcements section theres a level 15 hero? its a bit too high level too do the quest until your about level 15 and then you need an ally.

Considering everything i'll give it a 4/5 because of the resserection bug. :thumbs_up:

In space , No one can hear you scream.

Level 5
I'll pretty much second what steve said! It's a really fun hero defence, but yeah only thing that gets in the way is the ressurection bug...
Also! I reckon that there should be ladder carriers so you have a chance to destroy a ladder before it get's to the wall! Another thing is that ladders can be killed by AoE attacks (I was told this I haven't seen it). Lastly I was thinking you should add in banner carriers for the fel orcs that give +stats and banners/captains for the humans that give +stats!

Hellos and Goodbyes!

-Thick

Level 3
Excellent

Great map, love the game play, creative use of custom skins, just one major concern though:
think u can decrease the textures of the models? it greatly reduces the map size, i used this strategy for my map, Desert Storm III
i hope u do ur best to reduce the map size

and btw i luv ur work man, GJ
5/5, my real rating is 4.5/5 though.....
looking forward to ur next version.. GL with the editing

Level 11
Did anybody try to play this map on the battle.net? I have some problems, it writes the thing, like "the name of the map is too long or consists unreadable symbols", and I can't create the game ;( I hope, I'm not a that one loser, who has such problem, cuz if all have, I can't understand, why there are slots for 6 defenders? ^^

And, btw, cool map! And I liked secret hero ;D

Level 5
xD Oooooh, Well you can play online with it can't you? I've played it online a few times and it has worked everytime except for rez bug, but i think that's been fixed now.

Hellos and Goodbyes

-Thick

Level 5
:S Too bad, Well, best bet is to wait and see if anyone else has the problem.... And if they do then ask the creator to have a look. Either that or you have something wrong with your internet >.<

Level 8
the name of the map is too long or consists unreadable symbols
Put the map file in the root map folder. Wc3 cannot read excessively long filenames [including file path, that's why I asked you to put it in the root directory ["Maps" by default]].
If that doesn't work then you have a problem with the battle.net system and I cannot help you.

Level 1
nice...

I realy enjoyed your map:thumbs_up:. But I have never managed to win:cry:. I have been looking for a ladder model that I may use in my own maps but I can`t find anny:sad:. Could somebody please point me in the right direction:confused:?

Level 10
well, looks really good, especially castle design and ladders.. But i see you're lazy about hero abilities and items. Some abilities have same hotkey and many of them are not edited. Same for items. Please my friend, work on them, make more unique skills and items, this map can be much more than this..

Level 4
It's a very fun map
hard to defend when the east gate fall .
buy a priest and a chaplain is very useful

Level 5
First map i rated, anyway. Great map! It really feels like your being attacked, and there is so much chaos, and when something seems to be going well, u realize there is a huge opening that the armies have crushed through. I played this with a friend and the rest comps, we both enjoyed it. After a LONG time we finally won (he was spec ops and doing missions :p, i was defending what little we had left). Soon he got the pit lord and we won, haha. My only concern is that the AI didn't fill in the weakened points, but were assigned to points? The left side was completely undefended. Also, they don't do missions from what i see. Oh well, great map 5/5.