• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fortress Siege - 1.78b

Fortress Siege current version 1.78b

Defence of the fortress from orc invasion.

-Now with 12 Heroes and one secret hero
-3 optional quests

Version 1.44
-Heroes have now fixed abilities
-Fixed issues at the inner gate
-Fixed issues with dragon stupidity
-Balanced units
-added new unit models

Version 1.45
-Colored Text
-Removed Cameras
-Secret Merchant
-New unit models
-New and updated abilities

Version 1.51
-Fixed Revive trigger
-the game now begin immediately when all players choose a hero (no more wait for initial timer).
-Leaderboard now shows only players that are playing
-Dragon is not invincible while flying
-Friendly units will no longer stack on the ladders
-Units of the leaving player can be controlled by other players
-Changed some hero abilities
-changed some minor issues and balances

Version 1.52
-Fixed some bugs from previous version
-added siege towers

Version 1.53
-Fixed orc grouping at outer wall

Version 1.54
-Chaged abilities to warrior, paladin and priest
-Aded music themes in certain situations

Version 1.55
-Added new hero "Snapshooter"
-added new camera zoom options

Version 1.6
-Assassins are not invisible anymore
-Removed orc hero stun ability
-Raghnarosh proves more chalenging now
-Raghnarosh cannot be attacked from affar

Version 1.61
-Assassins are now able to destroy the lever
-Kings archmage have now better abilities

Version 1.62
-changed some abilities
-Assassin hero is changed to Warden hero with better abilities

Version 1.63
-changed some abilities
-melee hero mana now regenerate when is attacked

Version 1.7
-Added new hero - Sage
-Max level is now 30
-changed Hero abilities like in Defence Of Uthragon
-added new orc units
-Abilities now knockback units

Version 1.71
-added new unit - grand mage
-added new orc unit - Fel Orc Marauder
-Changed abilities for warrior and rogue to more powerfull ones.

Version 1.72
-Added new heroes and abilities

Version 1.72a
-Fixed Warrior hero revival
-Retextured the nature cliffs to snow ones.
-lowered assassin health
-decreased ogre damage

Version 1.72b
-fixed some abilities(holy light new with area effect, prayer of divinity, mountain might)
-some grammatical ( annoying ) texts ( sorry if i missed something)
-some unit abilities

Version 1.72c
-added fell orc ladderman so ladders doesn't rise out of nothing
-fixed some abilities (blast of light, hammer of justice, stone skin, mountain might..)
-added missing staff of teleportation to sage hero

Version 1.73
removed the warden hero and repleaced with assassin hero with new abilities
changed abilities:
Rogue binding knife repleaced with spike trap
Guardian restrain replaced with disarm
Sage earthquake replaced with petrify
Snapshoter field of disruption repleaced with barrage, and stunning shotd with smoke burst
Each hero has now additional lesser ability
Balanced some hero stats

Version 1.74
Added new hero - Berserker
Removed unit aura effects
Changed some units
Assassins Crimson Wrath replaced with Shadow Execution which is area effect ability
Rogue Manifold Strike replaced with Spurious Image
Paladin Holy Light spell fixed

Version 1.75
Sage hero renamed to geomancer
Added new hero - Sage
Changed some unit hero and effect models

Version 1.76
Dragon now doesn't stuck on the ground, instead it trample and damage units.
Trebuchets have now usable siege blast ability
Ballistae have now usable aerial strike ability
Fixed some ability bugs.

Version 1.77
Fel Orc Necrolites now cast the healing totem ability
Taskmaster hero renamed to thane
Sorceress frost strike ability changed to frost attack which
adds a slow effect instead of freezing
Sorceress frost nova slow effect changed to freezing effect
Wizard lightning nova now adds a slow effect
Geomancer petrify ability is targeted as an area

Version 1.78
Redesigned unit and spell models
Tweaked some ability values
Warrior mighty rage ability changed to demoralizing shout
Paladin resurrection ability replaced with righteous wrath
Guardian force crush ability replaced with guardian standard
Rogue severe ability replaced with blade swarm
Rogue spurious image ability replaced with mayhem
Pyromancer fire shield ability replaced with summon fire elemental

Version 1.78a
Reduced some of the models size
Fixed the priest smite ability so that it deals far less damage

Version 1.78b
Ensnare ability now cannot target heroes
Mayhem ability now has a greater range of effect
Repulsion rune has now a greater range of effect but lesser damage and duration
Righteous wrath has now a revive effect instead healing and
deals less damage to enemy units
Siege tower has now a trample ability

There is new reworked Fortress Siege map called the Defence Of Uthragon
with many new things and new terrain. Here is the link:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/defence-uthragon-1-01-a-146455/

Map is protected

Keywords:
Fortress, siege, stronghold, castle, defence, battle, keep, wall.
Contents

Fortress Siege - 1.78b (Map)

Reviews
12:17, 11th Jun 2008 Not to step on other moderator's toes, but I strongly disagree with the last review. This is among the best castle siege/helms deep genre maps out there in my opinion. Unique scripted events to throw interesting variety of...
Level 2
More suggestions. Ability to change difficulty should belong to host, no one else. Also, the battering ram that takes down the main gate should not be invul. There's also something wrong with the king. He likes to charge out and get himself killed if there are enemies nearby.

Also, when set to easy, my party killed the dragon before it landed, and the trigger still said "Dragon attacking west tower" later.

Level 2
Great map!

I honestly say it's one of the best maps I've played, and although I don't usually have anything negative to say, that means a lot.

Level 7
Great map, I like the ladder part, did you use a ramp to make the ladder? Btw, where did you find that dragon model.

Level 4
Okay, I played this at singleplayer with only AI bots on my side and I found a bug!

I clicked a hero twice and then another one twice after that and I got both of em, at least the Icons in the top left of the screen but I could only use one.

Lovely map by the way, just brush a little more on the AI.

However, can you link me the ladder model? I checked by the credits and nobody there made it (at least not on this site).

Is it this one? OinkerCly6 - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

If it is, what are the paths? It won't work for me, kthxbai.

Level 2
Lol This map is relly relly cool! I highly recommend this map to every one. The terrien is good and the forces. But the orcs get too many and I can't handle them ;( Congrats to the people who made this map

Level 1
I like this map. The angel hero is friggin AWESOME. Great look and solid skills. Extremely creative. If everyone started with the hidden angel, your rating would go way up!

However, most of the heroes suck to be honest. Melee heroes?!? Really? They are total crap and way too easy to get stuck, or to stand around worthless.

And then the dragon comes and kicks your ass, and feel completely worthless.

Even the ranger hero doesnt have enough range to really shoot stuff from the walls effectively. Id say crank the range of EVERYONE another +400 or so.

And some skills need fixing. What good is a cold arrow against hordes of dozens? They need more AoE effects. More longer range effects are needed too.

Level 6
Map is to this day very good.

But i found a very big bug:

Today I played the latest version on B.net. on normal difficulty but there was Ai problem of the enemies. First they attacked the innere gate near the fountain(Near of the king´s knight hero). But only 7 enemies attacked the gate and than after we killed them no one of them attacked the gate again. They walk(stand near the main gate and do nothing). So it was very easy to kill the final boss because we didn´t need to defend the castle anymore :p

And maybe some more buyable items would be good too.

Level 3
Dragon Freezes and then when i go to ground form i get stuck (not on un-walkable terrain)

4.5/5 tho very fun

Level 2
My world editor said that it was not able to load the map because it needed a new version.....So i geuss that my world editor is out of date??? If so does anybody know a website that i can update it at???

Level 18
i dont see why the moderators gave this a 2/5

have you seen other siege maps? THEY SUCK!

this one has TONS of excitment. There is never a dull moment.
though there are a few wiered bugs, it doesn't interupt gameplay.
terrain is good. pathability is good ( except for ladders, sometimes stupid footmen block the ppath)

the ladders are the most realistic ladders EVER!

The dragon part is awsome.

all in all 5/5

Level 12
I completely disagree with the moderator on this map. Its a brilliant map, fun to play and exciting, that can be played alone or with others (although the AI could use some improvement) at any time.

But one thing I think could use improvement in is custom items... Standard Warcraft 3 items aren't... very useful, at least, in my opinion.

Overall, 4/5 from me.

- Infinite

Last edited:
Level 2
I crashed! halfway through the game when i was whacking the grounded dragon... =[

Level 4
Great map, I love the ladders, only gripe is that it doesn't let me host on BNET. Definately one of the best, if not the best, hero siege map.

5/5

Last edited:
Level 6
Map has a very big problem!
Map kicks all ally players after a couple of time!
Otherwise the map is still very great!

Maybe you can also improve the starting screen. Maybe it could be more detailed.

I noticed this problem since the first release of it. But i hope you have fixed it already

Screenshoot: All ally players have been kicked at the same time!

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_122908_122252_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_122908_122252_01.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 367
Level 6
Tranquil said:
Did someone dies when game kicks all players out, or everytime after game starts?

No players heroes die. They are still in the game. The people who controlled will be kicked out. This "kick out" happen sometimes after 5 min, sometimes after 20 min or it didn´t happen.

If this has happen; i mean the kicked players can still playing- they play the game but they see that the others have been kicked. They play than the game single.

It´s crazy they all play the same game on the same server with the same name; but the play after the "kick out" solo(single) the same match. But no longer together!

F. ex. an other player is orange-> "kick out" has happened-> he can still play-> he see that red, blue... have been kicked.

Now there is player red-> "kick out" has happened-> he can still play-> he see that orange, blue... have been kicked.

Level 8
No players heroes die. They are still in the game. The people who controlled will be kicked out. This "kick out" happen sometimes after 5 min, sometimes after 20 min or it didn´t happen.

If this has happen; i mean the kicked players can still playing- they play the game but they see that the others have been kicked. They play than the game single.

It´s crazy they all play the same game on the same server with the same name; but the play after the "kick out" solo(single) the same match. But no longer together!

F. ex. an other player is orange-> "kick out" has happened-> he can still play-> he see that red, blue... have been kicked.

Now there is player red-> "kick out" has happened-> he can still play-> he see that orange, blue... have been kicked.

I'll basically put it like this,
Its called a Server split, which basically does what its called, split the server in two.
Server splits are caused by bad triggers and bad coding.

Level 4
Great map!The terain is not bad and the whole idea of the map is good.But I realy think that it would be better if you'd add some buildings for the humans (and some other things).It must have been hard to make this map,but the effort has pay'd off.I don't see how you can possibly add more stuff but I am looking forth to the new version!

Level 1
There is bug with that secret hero when i chose him the game give me another hero that someone else choose him and that player doesn't have hero and revive option never happened when die you die permanently.

Also balance that dragon it's too powerful only with archer i can manage to shoot him with other heroes it's almost impossible to hit him and if i did he restore for seconds.

Level 3
I played a past version of it and completed it, then I downloaded the updated version and all players were kicked when somebody died and I waited for it to be fixed, now it says you fixed it --..now nobody revives ever? Once one of us died, we didn't seem to stand a chance against the dragon anymore because of an inssuficient player amount, or else, the high regeneration and the incredibly high "Can't catch me!" speed of the dragon. Maybe it's just me.

Level 4
I played a past version of it and completed it, then I downloaded the updated version and all players were kicked when somebody died and I waited for it to be fixed, now it says you fixed it --..now nobody revives ever? Once one of us died, we didn't seem to stand a chance against the dragon anymore because of an inssuficient player amount, or else, the high regeneration and the incredibly high "Can't catch me!" speed of the dragon. Maybe it's just me.

It's not just you,the dragon is too powerful and it stay's on the ground for a short period of time,so I don't have an aprotuniti to kill it!:angry: Oh, and I think that the dragons protecting the Pit Lord shoud be red.

Last edited:
Level 1
I really enjoyed playing this map, its fun and brilliant... the only thing that can really be improved are the items, keep up the good work! :grin:
Now... i wonder... i recall something that either elenai or general frank that said about making a high elven version of general frank's blood elven archer model so.. would you tell me where you got it?would be nice xD, if you edited it with general frank's permission i think it would be a nice addition to hive's resources.

I really enjoyed playing this map, its fun and brilliant... the only thing that can really be improved are the items, keep up the good work! :grin:
Now... i wonder... i recall something that either elenai or general frank that said about making a high elven version of general frank's blood elven archer model so.. would you tell me where you got it?would be nice xD, if you edited it with general frank's permission i think it would be a nice addition to hive's resources.

I believe its something like
Blood elf phoenix archer

Level 1
Oh i see... if the maker is fine with it would you link me somewhere i can get it?Would be nice for my campaign xD.
Also, does that mean that AI will revive as well?Sometimes its hard to get a full team for the BN, even though i couldn't test it online yet.What if a player leaves and the AI replaces him?(If it wasn't implemented yet).Good luck with this map it has a lot of potential.

Level 4
Nice work,but when you make a new version could you make it a little less IMPOSSIBLE to atleast get close to wining! I mean not even with the Arch Angel it's impossible to win its too HARD,I try to reduce difficulty bat notting changes it's impossible to win(without cheats ofcourse). In the nexst version make it EASYER,pls.Sure, everybody loves a good chalange but OMG,this is redicilys!!!

Last edited: