• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fortress Siege - 1.78b

Fortress Siege current version 1.78b

Defence of the fortress from orc invasion.

-Now with 12 Heroes and one secret hero
-3 optional quests

Version 1.44
-Heroes have now fixed abilities
-Fixed issues at the inner gate
-Fixed issues with dragon stupidity
-Balanced units
-added new unit models

Version 1.45
-Colored Text
-Removed Cameras
-Secret Merchant
-New unit models
-New and updated abilities

Version 1.51
-Fixed Revive trigger
-the game now begin immediately when all players choose a hero (no more wait for initial timer).
-Leaderboard now shows only players that are playing
-Dragon is not invincible while flying
-Friendly units will no longer stack on the ladders
-Units of the leaving player can be controlled by other players
-Changed some hero abilities
-changed some minor issues and balances

Version 1.52
-Fixed some bugs from previous version
-added siege towers

Version 1.53
-Fixed orc grouping at outer wall

Version 1.54
-Chaged abilities to warrior, paladin and priest
-Aded music themes in certain situations

Version 1.55
-Added new hero "Snapshooter"
-added new camera zoom options

Version 1.6
-Assassins are not invisible anymore
-Removed orc hero stun ability
-Raghnarosh proves more chalenging now
-Raghnarosh cannot be attacked from affar

Version 1.61
-Assassins are now able to destroy the lever
-Kings archmage have now better abilities

Version 1.62
-changed some abilities
-Assassin hero is changed to Warden hero with better abilities

Version 1.63
-changed some abilities
-melee hero mana now regenerate when is attacked

Version 1.7
-Added new hero - Sage
-Max level is now 30
-changed Hero abilities like in Defence Of Uthragon
-added new orc units
-Abilities now knockback units

Version 1.71
-added new unit - grand mage
-added new orc unit - Fel Orc Marauder
-Changed abilities for warrior and rogue to more powerfull ones.

Version 1.72
-Added new heroes and abilities

Version 1.72a
-Fixed Warrior hero revival
-Retextured the nature cliffs to snow ones.
-lowered assassin health
-decreased ogre damage

Version 1.72b
-fixed some abilities(holy light new with area effect, prayer of divinity, mountain might)
-some grammatical ( annoying ) texts ( sorry if i missed something)
-some unit abilities

Version 1.72c
-added fell orc ladderman so ladders doesn't rise out of nothing
-fixed some abilities (blast of light, hammer of justice, stone skin, mountain might..)
-added missing staff of teleportation to sage hero

Version 1.73
removed the warden hero and repleaced with assassin hero with new abilities
changed abilities:
Rogue binding knife repleaced with spike trap
Guardian restrain replaced with disarm
Sage earthquake replaced with petrify
Snapshoter field of disruption repleaced with barrage, and stunning shotd with smoke burst
Each hero has now additional lesser ability
Balanced some hero stats

Version 1.74
Added new hero - Berserker
Removed unit aura effects
Changed some units
Assassins Crimson Wrath replaced with Shadow Execution which is area effect ability
Rogue Manifold Strike replaced with Spurious Image
Paladin Holy Light spell fixed

Version 1.75
Sage hero renamed to geomancer
Added new hero - Sage
Changed some unit hero and effect models

Version 1.76
Dragon now doesn't stuck on the ground, instead it trample and damage units.
Trebuchets have now usable siege blast ability
Ballistae have now usable aerial strike ability
Fixed some ability bugs.

Version 1.77
Fel Orc Necrolites now cast the healing totem ability
Taskmaster hero renamed to thane
Sorceress frost strike ability changed to frost attack which
adds a slow effect instead of freezing
Sorceress frost nova slow effect changed to freezing effect
Wizard lightning nova now adds a slow effect
Geomancer petrify ability is targeted as an area

Version 1.78
Redesigned unit and spell models
Tweaked some ability values
Warrior mighty rage ability changed to demoralizing shout
Paladin resurrection ability replaced with righteous wrath
Guardian force crush ability replaced with guardian standard
Rogue severe ability replaced with blade swarm
Rogue spurious image ability replaced with mayhem
Pyromancer fire shield ability replaced with summon fire elemental

Version 1.78a
Reduced some of the models size
Fixed the priest smite ability so that it deals far less damage

Version 1.78b
Ensnare ability now cannot target heroes
Mayhem ability now has a greater range of effect
Repulsion rune has now a greater range of effect but lesser damage and duration
Righteous wrath has now a revive effect instead healing and
deals less damage to enemy units
Siege tower has now a trample ability

There is new reworked Fortress Siege map called the Defence Of Uthragon
with many new things and new terrain. Here is the link:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/defence-uthragon-1-01-a-146455/

Map is protected

Keywords:
Fortress, siege, stronghold, castle, defence, battle, keep, wall.
Contents

Fortress Siege - 1.78b (Map)

Reviews
12:17, 11th Jun 2008 Not to step on other moderator's toes, but I strongly disagree with the last review. This is among the best castle siege/helms deep genre maps out there in my opinion. Unique scripted events to throw interesting variety of...
Interface/Object Editor Work (1/5) - Grammer and spelling mistakes spread around this map like a plague. The loading screen, hero descriptions, message alerts, spell details, and item tooltips all contain language problems.
And for that you give him 1/5? Even if there are some grammar mistakes, you don't necessarily have to give him less points. You can understand everything, thus a 3/5 would be better.

Level 9
Hey!

Interface/Object Editor Work (1/5) - Grammer and spelling mistakes spread around this map like a plague. The loading screen, hero descriptions, message alerts, spell details, and item tooltips all contain language problems.

I don't care that which is a wrong with the language cuz I always play the map and don't care bugs and bad language problems

I hold with Vengeancekael =P

Level 2
When the king, captain, general, etc. talk you can't see what they're saying; there's no text. Also, the Warrior doesn't respawn properly when killed; the respawn timer doesn't appear and he stays dead.

Level 2
Is it just me or this map just got a lot harder? We played with full slots, but we we're wrecked in less than 10 mins without even getting the east bridge brought down.

Perhaps you can add some buildings for the defenders, like spawning a few troops once in a while. And oh, the side quest in rescuing the people in the southeastern gate, they suck big time :p They got wiped out as soon as they were released. Maybe buffing them a bit would be better :p

Level 6
You map is very good, but not awesome: main problems:
Hero Druid skill Summon Treant is bugged I think.
Units are stucked in place if game lasts too long.

THE INVULNERBALE ASSASSIN LOWERING THE DRAWBRIDGE ISN´T AWESOME !!!
This assassin with appropiate healing force and team may be blocked for a very long period of time!
Rogue Hero has same hotkey K for both Knife and other skill.

Level 2
o_O, exelent map! I was looking for a map like this one, the dragon was so funny x3, the only thing that I think that you can change is the fact that de ogres can enter to the fountain, I hate when they get there, they are almost inmortals xD, and maybe add difficluts for more funny games :3
pd: The fact that tjhe assasins that lower the gate its a litlle bit frustraiting, at least put him a lot of life, so we have a litle chance to stop him

Level 1
anyone have the model of the dragon? (Serianox). If anyone has please post me the link to download it. xD

yt_

yt_

Level 2
well, There is AI yeah! ... the AI doesn't attack the final boss, i can't finish the game if playing with AI. overall it's a good defense map, i really enjoyed it even cannot finish the map, need some unique spell i think.

Level 3
nice map! me and my friends had a lot of fun. btw where did you get the model for the warrior hero? thanks and i rate this 9/10

Level 2
I'm not a fan of TD maps but this one makes an exception... I love to play it anytime and any day..

But I've noticed that Priest's spell (the spell that deals damage and stuns) deals something around 10000 damage or more if you don't move or do anything 3 seconds after you cast it...

That's the only thing I've found but it was really nice beating the end boss in two hits with that spell...:grin:

good job and keep making more cool maps:thumbs_up:

Level 28
Little glitch: sometimes the earth elemental (from the Sage hero) doesn't appear (as in, no model, just a selection circle) on being summoned, but appears as soon as he's ordered to move or attack.As far as I can tell this only happens with the level 3 one (who has slam but no mana).

Good terrain, events are well thought out (though some more might have been nice). AI does a decent enough job of attracting the enemy's attention, though I think it would be better if they thought to pick up the items from killed bosses. The one skill point every two levels is a bit iffy though, especially at higher levels.

Level 3
Request: Searinox not the most powerful dragon better change it to Deathwing
Request: The items not so good better if you copy some cool Items from Dota allstars 6.72
Question:How did you make such castle

if you reply please P.M me

well, There is AI yeah! ... the AI doesn't attack the final boss, i can't finish the game if playing with AI. overall it's a good defense map, i really enjoyed it even cannot finish the map, need some unique spell i think

Ai can attack the boss but they are too weak they cant pass the first line of defense

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 14
Ai can attack the boss but they are too weak they cant pass the first line of defense

can you please avoid double posting, you can use the edit button and put what you want to add :)

By the way, the ai is not weak, it's just the castle units, they get blocked and it was written in the AI script

Request: The items not so good better if you copy some cool Items from Dota allstars 6.72

It's illegal and unoriginal to copy items, plus the rules say so,see?
Rules said:
Original Work
Maps must be significantly worked on, or entirely created, by their submitter.
Question:How did you make such castle
obviously tranquil would say a lot of custom doodads and some terraining experties

By the way he's not working on this map anymore... he reworked the whole map, and called it Defence of Uthragon, this is the link to the map - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-2-a-146455/?prev=search=Uthragon&d=list&r=20

Level 14
You said tranquil made that castle out of terraining:ogre_hurrhurr::ogre_hurrhurr: wrong he made it from the models he made

142893-albums2406-picture19270.jpg

hey look at this picture,i know its from defence of uthragon but he didnt change the castle wall from fortress siege,HE USE BLIZZARD's CITYSCAPE CLIFF!,and using custom models as doodads count as terraining too,dont say something you dont know

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
Awesome map. I've played as a Warrior and i noticed some bugs: when I Shield Bashed an ogre on a ramp, he stopped moving and become unclickable. Also, despite being really smart, AI does some weird things after destroying Throne Room Gate. Instead of attacking the King, the orcs go to the Fountain of Power and just stand there. And it would be nice to rename buffs and to change their icons, but that's just a detail.
And by the way: could you give a link to Warrior's model? This Captain-With-Hero-Glow guy? I'd be grateful, thanks in advance.

Level 4
So this is a new version?

Interesting...

By the way, the other versions were amazing, so I'm giving this one five thumbs too. I'll play it when I get time...

Level 1
It's Really-rReally Good map ...
every day every time i play your map ...
it's fun ....
can you build again Traquil

Ash

Ash

Level 22
I remember this map! The dragon was one of the best pieces of the map, you shouldn't get rid of it. If you're doing a sequel, then it'd be cool to use some other things to keep your maps unique, but please don't cut the dragon out of this!

Level 1
Absolutely a fantastic map. We thoroughly enjoy it as a family and have managed to beat it a couple times now. I think this is the funnest map we've found on the board. Has anyone else found a board that may perhaps be similar?

A series by this author that would lead essentially through an entire string of quests would be fantastic. You've got the right mix. If you get the right mix of characters it makes success attainable (the priest and angel are the keys it seems).

Level 1
I just love this map!!!!:ogre_love:

I find a bug when the siege tower deploy on the tower just at the right of the main door, the units, after the tower destruction can always go up( and down) of the wall.