• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fortress Siege - 1.78b

Fortress Siege current version 1.78b

Defence of the fortress from orc invasion.

-Now with 12 Heroes and one secret hero
-3 optional quests

Version 1.44
-Heroes have now fixed abilities
-Fixed issues at the inner gate
-Fixed issues with dragon stupidity
-Balanced units
-added new unit models

Version 1.45
-Colored Text
-Removed Cameras
-Secret Merchant
-New unit models
-New and updated abilities

Version 1.51
-Fixed Revive trigger
-the game now begin immediately when all players choose a hero (no more wait for initial timer).
-Leaderboard now shows only players that are playing
-Dragon is not invincible while flying
-Friendly units will no longer stack on the ladders
-Units of the leaving player can be controlled by other players
-Changed some hero abilities
-changed some minor issues and balances

Version 1.52
-Fixed some bugs from previous version
-added siege towers

Version 1.53
-Fixed orc grouping at outer wall

Version 1.54
-Chaged abilities to warrior, paladin and priest
-Aded music themes in certain situations

Version 1.55
-Added new hero "Snapshooter"
-added new camera zoom options

Version 1.6
-Assassins are not invisible anymore
-Removed orc hero stun ability
-Raghnarosh proves more chalenging now
-Raghnarosh cannot be attacked from affar

Version 1.61
-Assassins are now able to destroy the lever
-Kings archmage have now better abilities

Version 1.62
-changed some abilities
-Assassin hero is changed to Warden hero with better abilities

Version 1.63
-changed some abilities
-melee hero mana now regenerate when is attacked

Version 1.7
-Added new hero - Sage
-Max level is now 30
-changed Hero abilities like in Defence Of Uthragon
-added new orc units
-Abilities now knockback units

Version 1.71
-added new unit - grand mage
-added new orc unit - Fel Orc Marauder
-Changed abilities for warrior and rogue to more powerfull ones.

Version 1.72
-Added new heroes and abilities

Version 1.72a
-Fixed Warrior hero revival
-Retextured the nature cliffs to snow ones.
-lowered assassin health
-decreased ogre damage

Version 1.72b
-fixed some abilities(holy light new with area effect, prayer of divinity, mountain might)
-some grammatical ( annoying ) texts ( sorry if i missed something)
-some unit abilities

Version 1.72c
-added fell orc ladderman so ladders doesn't rise out of nothing
-fixed some abilities (blast of light, hammer of justice, stone skin, mountain might..)
-added missing staff of teleportation to sage hero

Version 1.73
removed the warden hero and repleaced with assassin hero with new abilities
changed abilities:
Rogue binding knife repleaced with spike trap
Guardian restrain replaced with disarm
Sage earthquake replaced with petrify
Snapshoter field of disruption repleaced with barrage, and stunning shotd with smoke burst
Each hero has now additional lesser ability
Balanced some hero stats

Version 1.74
Added new hero - Berserker
Removed unit aura effects
Changed some units
Assassins Crimson Wrath replaced with Shadow Execution which is area effect ability
Rogue Manifold Strike replaced with Spurious Image
Paladin Holy Light spell fixed

Version 1.75
Sage hero renamed to geomancer
Added new hero - Sage
Changed some unit hero and effect models

Version 1.76
Dragon now doesn't stuck on the ground, instead it trample and damage units.
Trebuchets have now usable siege blast ability
Ballistae have now usable aerial strike ability
Fixed some ability bugs.

Version 1.77
Fel Orc Necrolites now cast the healing totem ability
Taskmaster hero renamed to thane
Sorceress frost strike ability changed to frost attack which
adds a slow effect instead of freezing
Sorceress frost nova slow effect changed to freezing effect
Wizard lightning nova now adds a slow effect
Geomancer petrify ability is targeted as an area

Version 1.78
Redesigned unit and spell models
Tweaked some ability values
Warrior mighty rage ability changed to demoralizing shout
Paladin resurrection ability replaced with righteous wrath
Guardian force crush ability replaced with guardian standard
Rogue severe ability replaced with blade swarm
Rogue spurious image ability replaced with mayhem
Pyromancer fire shield ability replaced with summon fire elemental

Version 1.78a
Reduced some of the models size
Fixed the priest smite ability so that it deals far less damage

Version 1.78b
Ensnare ability now cannot target heroes
Mayhem ability now has a greater range of effect
Repulsion rune has now a greater range of effect but lesser damage and duration
Righteous wrath has now a revive effect instead healing and
deals less damage to enemy units
Siege tower has now a trample ability

There is new reworked Fortress Siege map called the Defence Of Uthragon
with many new things and new terrain. Here is the link:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/defence-uthragon-1-01-a-146455/

Map is protected

Keywords:
Fortress, siege, stronghold, castle, defence, battle, keep, wall.
Contents

Fortress Siege - 1.78b (Map)

Reviews
12:17, 11th Jun 2008 Not to step on other moderator's toes, but I strongly disagree with the last review. This is among the best castle siege/helms deep genre maps out there in my opinion. Unique scripted events to throw interesting variety of...
Level 2
OMG, this game would be awesome if it didn't
a)Lag to the point that it takes 2 minutes to know that you're dead (LAN)
b)Crash so much

Maybe an easier way of getting off and on the walls. The defenders keep standing in the way of the ladders.

Last edited:
lol I just thought of this, but did you ever consider that "Fortress Siege" wasn't the appropriate name?
I mean, maybe if the players were the ones attacking..
But defending?
Shouldn't it be something like "Defense of _____"?
just a lol thought. Still a good map, and I never experienced a crash. Some lag, yes, but .5 fpm? nah.. The wall thing was a problem for me too. sometimes there were just clusters of orcs at the bottom of the walls just waiting.

Level 4
I think that the stupidist thing is that catapults and balistas cost 4 and 5 food,but they should cost 0 food.

Last edited:
Level 4
You should change the letter activiaton on some speels because sometimes the speel matches the ''stop'' command,two speels use the same letter(promeni slova za aktivaciju nekih magija)!

Level 4
Maby it would be better if the gates could be repaired by the Engienires,and change the model of Ogre Basher to ''Hell Bull Tormunter'' made by General Frank.

Level 1
:grin: VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY! NICE MAP! OMG WTF WHATS THIS? Warning: possible spyware or adware infection! Click here to scan your computer for spyware and adware...
light-virus-1.jpg

WTF BBQ! Your computer is set to explode in 5... WTF! 4... RUN! 3... OMG... 2... Jumps and dives* 1... AHH... BOOM!!!
sigpic15887_7.gif

:nw: anyways nice map! LOL

Level 3
i played the previous version, and i think this a another step in the right directiong for the map. maybe you should add more items/ custom items? how about trigger spells? anyways great job!

Edit: when i select the secret hero, he becomes mine, but when the screen fades to where the hero's spawn, i've been given a random hero. also the taskmaster's skill (the one that increases armor) has a mistake in the description for the third level

Last edited:
Level 4
I changed my mind about this map beeing impossible to beat,but I think that there is a bug with the secret hero because when I chose him I get some other hero.

Level 6
I used to get so annoyed that the ladders were always blocked. But it really doesn't lag, my computer runs this fine. Either stop complaining or buy a new computer. Although, getting to any of the secret shops is so hard, it's not worth the effort, the last time I got to one, the castle defenders were half way destroyed. Overall, I had a lot of fun, and the dragon wasn't invincible while flying, it just took about 1/25 damage inflight. 5/5!

Level 4
It would be better if you'd change the models of night elf heros because it's a little stupid that night elfs are defending a human fortress. Please click on this:fp: BiteFight Server 1 -

Last edited:
Level 4
What about when some units speek(Captain or King when the gates are destroyed...) you don't see what they are saying(untill you go to the message log), so it would be good if you'd fix that.:spell_breaker: Keep on the good work. Please click on this:fp: BiteFight Server 1 -

Last edited:
Level 4
I just found out,that the dragon is not too powerful,it just keeps runing away each time I try to hit it,like a stupid chicken!It's very anoyng,so it would be good if yould change(fix) it.

Level 6
Map has still the bug(server split)

I can´t never play the map up to end :cry:

Look at the picture(Attachment)
All players leave(kicked) from the game at the same time

Attachments

• w3ft-20090226-215941.png
    w3ft-20090226-215941.png
    2 MB · Views: 449
Level 3
Well, obviously it's something about the revival of player heroes, because everyone gets kicked exactly on the revival (not on the death) of a player controlled hero. When adding computers to the game and they die, neither their death nor their revival boots the players from the game.

Also, you can now choose the secret hero, but why are random heroes still assigned to the other players once one player picked? It's kind of unfair for the slowpokes, I'd say.

Level 4
Sometimes the orcs go the wrong way,instead of atacking the gates they go left and ignore them,this should be fix'd.Also,it would provably be better if you'd change the name of the orcs from "Atackers" to I don't know,maby "Fel Orc Invaders".

Level 1
found another bug...
if someone chooses a hero at the beginning the game autom. starts and the rest havent even a chance to choose...so they get all random heroes-.-
please fix that immediatly D=

Level 2
Could you add a teleporter to get off walls? I love ladders, but the AI and defence cram themselves around them.

Reactions: HFR

HFR

HFR

Level 22
But there is an even more annoying bug:
When the West Tower is full of dead (human) bodies, the orcs, instead of bashing the Inner Gate, they keep running to the west outer walls and them stop there. In 5-10 minutes, you have 200 orcs in the outer walls, in the ground next to them and in the ladders = Lag in slower computers. I gonna text the new version soon, so maybe this bug has already been fixed...

Level 5
Awesome map!I like to defend the castle! It was like a real castle siege!Well the only thing I don't liked much is:How do you want to kill the Orc King while your king is being attacked by an army and being ate by a dragon? =D But I still like.I think you should add some new heros like...Assasin and some others.Very good overall! 4.5/5

HFR

HFR

Level 22
So, the others still have that item? Phew..

Anyway, I suggest you put music in the map, Wc3 music, to not increase size. For example, when the outer main gate is breached, you could play "Arthas Theme", that music is epic, and can change entirely the atmosphere of the map.

Level 4
will u make the AI be smart enough to do quests in next version??

also sometimes wen i played the invaders culdnt get thru the inner gate and starts to lag
when they all get stuck at the ladders

still very excellent map
keep up the good work 4/5

What did you mean when you say'd that you play'd with the invaders,how can you play against the defenders?

Level 5
This is probely the best map that ive ever played i love it is so much fun.. One thing that i like about it is that all of the heroes of at least one fun ability. I also love the AI, the only thing that i dont like about this map is that the AI doesent attempt to work on the quests, but at least there is AI. And the siege ladders are awsome and you used the imported models perfectly. But i have one question how can you be the secret hero? at least one AI gets to be him. But ive never been him. So i rate this map a 94/100 or a 9/10

Level 2
Nice map.Me and my friends really enjoyed it.It is excellent map but i must say it is a bit hard and the orcs are too many.

HFR

HFR

Level 22
The orc clustering in the west wall was solved, but in the outer - main - east wall don't...

-------------------IIIIIIIIIII------------------- Orcs!
-------------------IIIIIIIIIII------------------- <--- Orc clustering

I suggest you to lower the number of orcs in the eastern main wall, to (maybe) avoid this problem.

Edit:

Finnaly an Updade! I'm downloading now and I'll test soon.

Alright, I played with the Paladin.

You changed his abilities, Hammer of Justice, if I rmember rigth, was just an wave, and now have an paralyzing effect, I'm correct?
And you added music in crucial events, that's an very good thing.

I suggest you to fix the Orc clustering in the Right Southern wall, and add more heroes, as more heroes are always welcomed! An Dwarf spellcaster or Shooter would be good, as there's only one dwarf...

Last edited:
Level 12
When i saw the name of the map i started wondering how much it would be similar to mine but i'm happy it aint much.

The map is nice, all i have to add to the feedback is:
GOOD:
-the terrain in general
-the dragon and how he behaves
-the various unit types in both armies
-the archer attack ranges (even thou a little bit too long)
-all the nice models including yours
-the advanced AI work, and the amount of work put into the map in general.
BAD:
-no camera commands to enjoy the battle/terrain/troop movements etc
-You need a better trigger to manage orc movement, in the end there were so many that the "pick units in unit group" part of the trigger or whatever, just had them standing still in huge masses before they are ordered to move (only some of them) for like 300 range, then repeat.
-The dragon looks great but why is he magic immune while flying?
-Hero damage is rather low, imho, but thats just me, and i was testing alone.
-How do you get gold? you might wanna put this in F9
-the non-trigger jump spell (imo) used to launch orcs above walls has the fire panda model :X which is mega weird
-too many missiles flying around in general in the human base, especially since you cannot se where they come from because you can't zoom out >.>
-it feels like some items are obsolete, giving things other items already give at a lower price, and such.
-the hero i played, "wizard", had no custom spells... that made him quite boring :/ i think and hope other heroes have custom spells though.

Hope it helps.

Last edited:
Level 5
A bug, (I think its a bug) When the knight dies (the hero that stands infron of the king) he repspawn and just stands where he was respawned, and sometimes when the dragon lands the can land in places were people cant reach him :p

Level 5
i have an idea that could help your map. when the dragon summens his drakes you should use the lindormr dragon intead of blizzards dragon for the drakes. I have a question you can type in the camera command to zoom out but if you do it during hero selection you can select the secret hero so you might want to disable the camera commands until after you choose your hero. Are all of the heroes suposed to have a teleporting item because the snapshooter doesent get one.