1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  11. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Flood Spore

Submitted by Fingolfin
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
I noticed a lot of people were requesting halo models, and i really couldn't see them making a halo map without this little fella. :)
I did this for a halo project of my own that i was working on for a while, and hopefully it will be continued, but if not, i will release all my other models for it later.
But untill then, DON'T bother me with request, or ask me if you can have any of them.

Feel free to make any skins or edits on this model, but make sure to give credit.

EDIT: For those of you who don't know what this is: The flood is a parasitic creature featured in the Halo games, that infests sentient bodies and use them as hosts.
Infected bodies suffer from great mutation and disformation.

UPDATE: Lowered particle count to about half.
LARGE UPDATE:
*Added Spell Death animation
*Increased *POP*-ness in regular and spell death animation
*Added a third walk animation in wich the unit jumps about twice as high as in the second walk anim
*Flesh pieces now fade away before dissapearing

Small update: Fixed name of Spell Death anim.

Another small update:
Here you go misha, alternate death name changed to "death spell".

EDIT: I noticed this model did not have a proper death sound, like the earlier version had. That is fixed now. Also rounded extents and coordinates of some stuff, might reduce size, i dunno.

Keywords:
Halo, flood, spore, space, insect, parasite, gravemind
Contents

Flood Spore (Model)

Reviews
23:40, 27th Dec 2009 DonDustin: awesome model that will fit into many different themed maps. But I still think that an attack animation is missing. Aproved nonetheless
  1. 23:40, 27th Dec 2009
    DonDustin: awesome model that will fit into many different themed maps. But I still think that an attack animation is missing.

Aproved nonetheless

2. ikillforeyou

ikillforeyou

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    OOOOOMG! urulez! =D!!!

And holy crap, did you make all teh terrainz too?

3. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes i did :)
    I have lots more in the map. But that's all secret. ;)

4. Alfagar

Alfagar

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    *Is dead*.... *Raises as Death_Minion_*.... Even Death raised of this awesomeness lulz

5. ikillforeyou

ikillforeyou

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Damn, your map must has MASSSSSSIEV filesize. =P

6. tyranid51112

tyranid51112

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just asking if this model is gonna come out in a campaign, since i see it is a in game screenshot of what i think is a campaign : )

a Warcraft-Halo style Campaign is what im waiting for :grin:

7. Aesthetics

Aesthetics

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Totally awesome model, along with the master chief model and the whole enviroment in the picture itself. :)

8. shamanyouranus

shamanyouranus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Very good job on this model. Very nice animations, texture, and mesh.
    But I do have two suggestions:
    -Make the death look more like a *POP* cause that's how it looks in Halo.
    -Also, lowering the particle count would be very nice. It's definitely fine right now, but if someone had hundreds of these things coming at you at once, and you're killing many at a time, those particles could add up, and paired with explosions and higher poly models, that could make for some serious lag.
    -For the walk-2, I think it should jump higher, so it looks like it's leaping, instead of just hopping.
    But otherwise, very nice job on this.

9. X-OMG-X

X-OMG-X

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Really nice job on this. Looks pretty awesome and the screenshot is so damn awesome too.

10. AngryRedMidget

AngryRedMidget

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very Good Model. I am one of those "people making halo maps", altough it isnt just halo, it will be very useful. More Halo Guys are always appreciated as well, we seem to have every thing else except that.

11. Afterlife Avenger

Afterlife Avenger

Resources:
    Resources:
    The flood have invaded the hive!!! Arm the halo

12. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    those halo models in the background (including the flood guys too) are very neat

i thought it was the actual game at first and was just a reference pic or something.

13. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @ikillforeyou: My map is about 2.7 in compressed map size, but it's about to get smaller!
    I started this project back in the days when Vertex Modifyer was my only means for modeling, and it did not include the option of removing unseen polygons. I will clean those models up in 3dmax later on, and merge some of them to make the shading work correctly. That floor model is just taking up way too much doodad space.

Small filesize is kept due to that i've been very effective in making one single texture file including the textures for most of my models. Everything in the picture except for the units and that weapon box thing is using the same texture.

@Shamanyouranus: Yes, 100x2 was very high particle count, that has been fixed now. But i disagree with you on the leap, maybe it should be slightly higher, but i wanted to make the effect of a boiling sea of creatures sweeping across the map. I will not bother fixing it, but thanks for your opinion.
    And lastly.. the death sequence ends in less than 300 milisec - how is that not *POP* enough? :O

14. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    ..would it need... an attack anim? o_O

15. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Those things are kamikaze units! ò.Ó
    Huzzah!

16. DonDustin

DonDustin

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    some more aimations would be stil nice, because that way you force people to use it as a critter, but it deserve a much better use :)

17. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ok, well, i will.
    Perhaps i can fix some more walk variations while i'm at it then. Or perhaps that leap shaman wanted.

18. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    then the model could use a "death spell" animation :b and it'll be good to go with the goblin kaboom spell.

19. Lore-Wolf

Lore-Wolf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    well they do like SPAT if you get hit so, yes i agree with misha.