• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Flamestrike trigger based damage not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So I have about all of the damaging spells on my map as trigger based damage and I get to this flamestrike one and it's really bothering me I've tried a few things now, I've tried making one based off the silence spell as well.

Here's the trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit begins casting an ability
  • Conditions
    • Ability Comparison - (Ability being cast) equal to Flame Strike (BM Custom)
  • Actions
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) Else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • (Level of Flame Strike (BM Custom) for (Casting unit) Equal to 1
      • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 150.00 at (Target point of ability being cast), dealing (15 + ((Real((Intelligence of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses)))) x 0.20)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
        • Wait 0.33 seconds
        • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 150.00 at (Target point of ability being cast), dealing (15 + ((Real((Intelligence of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses)))) x 0.20)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
        • Wait 0.33 seconds
        • Wait 0.33 seconds
        • Wait 0.33 seconds
        • Wait 0.33 seconds
        • Wait 0.33 seconds
        • Wait 0.33 seconds
        • Wait 0.33 seconds
        • Wait 0.33 seconds
        • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 150.00 at (Target point of ability being cast), dealing (5 + ((Real((Intelligence of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses)))) x 0.10)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
        • Wait 1.00 seconds
        • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 150.00 at (Target point of ability being cast), dealing (5 + ((Real((Intelligence of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses)))) x 0.10)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
        • Wait 1.00 seconds
        • Wait 1.00 seconds
        • Wait 1.00 seconds
        • Wait 1.00 seconds
        • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Else - Actions
My problem here is it only damages for some of the duration then it stops. It does the damage for a second maybe, total damage did to the unit I cast on was about 150? Should be much more. I've tried changing the event to things like "Finishes casting an ability" and tried "Begins channeling an ability". The finished casting one did nothing... Help is much appreciated and thanks in advance to anyone who can help. I've tried these 3 events for both the Silence based Flame Strike and the original Flame Strike spell. Nothing works...

Level 2
first, use Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability...

next, save the casting unit and target point onto variables, because the wait causes the trigger to forget those things...

lastly, using waits are bad

I would appreciate an alternative to the wait command if they're so bad.

Edit: I changed to starts the effect and saved the hero and his target of cast. It works now! Great, thank you!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.