• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] why is this trigger killing everything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Maybe im blind but i dont understand why this trigger kills any unit it comes in contact with.
  • Soul Devour
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Soul Drain
  • Actions
    • Set SoulDrainCasterRed = (Casting unit)
    • Set SoulDrainVictimRed = (Target unit of ability being cast)
    • Sound - Play SpellStealTarget <gen> at 100.00% volume, attached to SoulDrainVictimRed
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of SoulDrainVictimRed using Abilities\Spells\Undead\DeathPact\DeathPactTarget.mdl
    • Unit - Cause SoulDrainCasterRed to damage SoulDrainVictimRed, dealing (10.00 + (Real((Intelligence of SoulDrainCasterRed (Include bonuses))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
    • Unit - Set life of SoulDrainCasterRed to (1.00 + ((Life of (Triggering unit)) + (5.00 + ((Real((Intelligence of SoulDrainCasterRed (Include bonuses)))) x 0.50))))
    • Wait 1.00 seconds
    • Unit - Cause SoulDrainCasterRed to damage SoulDrainVictimRed, dealing (4.00 + ((Real((Intelligence of SoulDrainCasterRed (Include bonuses)))) x 0.30)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
    • Unit - Set life of SoulDrainCasterRed to (1.00 + ((Life of (Triggering unit)) + (2.00 + ((Real((Intelligence of SoulDrainCasterRed (Include bonuses)))) x 0.15))))
    • Wait 1.00 seconds
    • Unit - Cause SoulDrainCasterRed to damage SoulDrainVictimRed, dealing (4.00 + ((Real((Intelligence of SoulDrainCasterRed (Include bonuses)))) x 0.30)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
    • Unit - Set life of SoulDrainCasterRed to (1.00 + ((Life of (Triggering unit)) + (2.00 + ((Real((Intelligence of SoulDrainCasterRed (Include bonuses)))) x 0.15))))
    • Wait 1.00 seconds
    • Wait 1.00 seconds
    • Wait 1.00 seconds
    • Wait 1.00 seconds
    • Wait 1.00 seconds
    • Wait 1.00 seconds
If it has anything to do with it, the buff of the spell is shadow strike (think warden spells) because it seems like only after the shadow strike projectile makes contact it dies immediately. But the initial damage of the trigger works fine.

AND YES I KNOW this can be done through loops but this is an old trigger i did when i didnt know loops existed, so please just ignore that.

Level 3
Umm.. look I'm not sure..
Maybe - Well look, your damaging a unit, then setting the life of the casting unit.. I don't know which unit you're trying to kill or heal here.. but if you keep damaging the unit it will enevitably die. Is this a lifesteal ability??

Explain it more. Also, tell me what the intelligence levels are of both units.

Another idea is maybe the int dmg multiplier which you have in place.. I'm not sure.. Not specific enough. Leave details

Status
Not open for further replies.