• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Firefox Download Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Hello everyone
As many of you (who know me) know, I am a firefox fan. And therefore I would like to help spread firefox. The mozilla group (the people who are developing firefox) has released firefox 3.0 and they are trying to beat the world record in most downloads in 24 hours. So I would be happy if all of you would download firefox 3.0.
Are you ready to make history? Are you ready to set a World Record? Today is Download Day. To become part of the official Guinness World Record you must download Firefox 3 by 17:00 UTC on June 18, 2008, or roughly 24 hours from now.
Thank you very much!

Level 8
I just downloaded firefox 3. First impression: the default skin actually looks nice!
Otherwise, I imagine this is not so big an update. I use Opera more at the moment and firefox still doesn't have some of the features I like best in Opera [speed dial, mouse gestures]. I think SpeedDial might be Copyright actually.

Level 25
I just downloaded firefox 3. First impression: the default skin actually looks nice!
Otherwise, I imagine this is not so big an update. I use Opera more at the moment and firefox still doesn't have some of the features I like best in Opera [speed dial, mouse gestures]. I think SpeedDial might be Copyright actually.

i used speed dial, mouse gestures plugins on ff2 and now they also work for ff3 :D

Level 7
Heh, I'll stick with Opera, it also got an update, to 9.50. Which equals win, changes are great. Not that Firefox is bad, I just think Opera is more functional. And I agree about IE, Xarwin's equatation is 100% true ;D

Level 4
I absolutly love this, and me being a code geek also love some other not as evident features :).
Also there is an addon that acts like speed dial (a feature i love) for firefox 3 :).
One of my favorite features about firefox is its addons ^_^

Level 19
I downloaded firefox 3.0 and now it's not working(woohoo) on vista. I am disappointed.

It works great on my Vista so there must be something wrong with yours.
If I had to choose between Opera and Firefox 3.0 I would choose Firefox because it seems cooler and it fills all my needs. Firefox will own Opera in all ways possible once the final version gets released! Or at least one day. Don't worry mate.
Anyways I've used version 3 for some weeks now and it is so cool! Firefox 3 FTW!

Level 7
He could stay silent and not provoke me :p And what kind of argument is that, Opera sucks? You can say IE sucks, because that's widely known, but for Opera or Firefox, you can't just say - it sucks ;)

I don't really understand you stop arguing with him.
1st reason is that he isn't responding
2nd reason is that you say you don't want to.

*On-Topic* I also like that when downloading files it scans for vira.

Level 7
Does it take the advantage of our anti-viruses' ability to detect them and eradicate them?

I actually don't know. Maybe it just notify you if it finds vira in the file you are downloading and then ask if you still want to download it. :confused:
I don't really know since I haven't tried yet.

Level 11
Hey now, IE is perfectly fine if you're just a casual internet user.

The problem with Internet Explorer as it is currently is it doesn't support many web standards that every other web browser does. While you may not care because all web sites work for you, it means additional work on the website developers because they must develop a site that follows web standards and then mess with their code until it finally works with Internet Explorer. Now, if Internet Explorer was never used or followed web standards as well as the other browsers, it would considerably reduce the work that website developers have to do.

Level 17
I don't understand how can Microsoft's IE be so ugly, bad and useless. I haven't seen FireFox 3.0 yet but I'm sure Opera 9.5 beats the crap out of it.
I hate internet browser wars because people just don't give a damn about any other browser but their own chosen favourite.. It's like religious zealotry.
With Opera you can browse the web and mine data more efficiently than with FF, and Opera has more and better advanced features. FireFox has a much better marketing and has Addons, but Opera has all the good features packed in the default software and it also has widgets.

Level 7
hmm i used opera for a browsergame because there are some features in opera which are SO gerat for that. But only for that i think :D So i use FF usually. Downladoed it at the first day, btw

Level 27
Any updates on the download day that we should hear about?

Man, I hope this doesn't get user-request closed like a lot of threads have been lately.
Seriously, you don't need to close a thread for it to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.