• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

First the internet stopped, then the PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Well... I was playing a game ,after i finished I accidentally closed Firefox so ok started again, Firefox downloaded an update and... every tab I had opened couldn't load so I tried IE if it's a problem in Firefox or not... the same, not possible to loud, could not connect.
What's even more strange... all the zip files I had on computer were now associated with the opener from windows, as a normal folder. I DIDN'T change that... It came from itself.
I wondered what happened, I knew that the problem is in the browser maybe... so i tried to connect into World of Warcraft, after I hit enter it got closed and gave me an wow error. I tried Steam, was working fine even Torrent files were downloading and Skype also.

So I thought "a restart may work" So i restarted the computer and... at the part when windows is loading it gives me a blue screen that the computer couldn't start...
Windows automatic repair tool did nothing and basically gave it up (As any auto-tool from Win)

I don't know what's gone wrong... I know that I ended a Process but THIS TIME I took care to not end anything system related and also it was 2 hours ago and everything was working and nothing did change... After I closed a Game and closed Firefox too it started to do these things... Can It be a Virus (I have eset and check 99% of files from the internet). It's not that a big problem to reinstall windows... I even made after so many reinstalls a HDD divide into System and Data. I'm writing this from a Ubuntu CD basically to backup some files but seriously... I would rather know if there is a solution than spending a whole day reinstalling windows, all the software and setting everything up... Is there any way to repair this ?

Level 11
Try googling the error BSoD gives you, see if you can find out what's causing it. Also, try Autoruns. It's a utility that helps you check your PC for malicious content, things that shouldn't be there etc etc.

Level 7
It didn't help so I started reinstalling win7 but... 0% for 5 hours ? It was not possible to install it... I knew it will take some time (took 2 hours when a friend did it on a notebook) but this... My computer is old and gone... well through many things. I was basically just waiting when this will happen. It's still strange that Ubuntu installed here in 15 minutes without problems so for some time this will be a storage of data while I will spare money for a new computer...

I'm sparing for a HP Pavilion H9-1001cs computer, it will take some time... I'm not sure if it's a good choice... I don't need something super-awesome to play every new game that's possible... I want just something with the minimum of 1TB HDD space (2TB+ is ideal) 4GB RAM min. and the most important thing is that the sound will be great (Audiophilia) and that it's able to play Blue-Ray quality movies. Maybe this computer I have now is not completely dead but as I said, I'm not giving it much time and waiting...

Status
Not open for further replies.