• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Internet Connection Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
So that old thread is solved (sort of), but I have a new problem! I just got it up and running and was installing all my drivers, but I couldn't find my LAN driver on my motherboards cd, but after looking manually on the CD through the files I found it - I think. I installed what I thought was the driver, but I couldn't connect to the internet. I have tried for about an hour to get it working with no success.

I have tried multiple installations of the drivers - or what I think are the drivers.
There is no "network" under device manager.
The modem is connected to one other computer and works fine.
I tried different slots on the modem, and none of them are lighting up when I plug it in.
I tried different ethernet cables (1 brand new one).
I've restarted multiple times.
Ran the New Connection wizard in xp multiple times.

Anyone know of any more fixes or had similar problems?

Mobo: ASUS P5QL Pro
Windows XP-32 Bit Home

Level 34
It's not and I don't understand why, unless the port on the mobo is broken.

Edit: The computer isn't at my house so I wasn't able to work on it, but I got my friend to take another look and enable hidden devices. Found network, but no drivers seem to be installed. All the WAN and microsoft stuff seems to be there, but no 3rd party driver for the motherboard. Trying to figure out why I can't get it to install properly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.