• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Internet isnt working on one computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Yesterday i was searching to download a program for graphics , its old and i searched alot and only thing i found was something that i started (install) and it was not working , nothing appeared , so i pressed CTRL+ATL+DELETE and i was seachring in process to end it , i ended some 2 process with weird names and no description but cause a misstake i ended something that had in description "Modem..." ...

Then i saw alot messages like "Host procces for windows stoped working" and other error messages and internet stoped working on all computers (3computers) so the one "infested?" computer i toke from the network and on other computers its working... i have no idea what to do because skype and icq worked, the browser not... so i started on the computer avast but the computer was log-ing off from alone and even before when the net was working it opened from alone some p0rn websites like pop-ups...

Sorry for my bad english , in short said , i ended something i shouldnt it said host process for windows stoped working like 5 times even if i restarted the computer , my computer was log-ing off from alone and when the internet worked for 2 minutes , internet explorer started from alone and started showing pop-ups (i had firefox on ,i almost never use IE , it just launched itself) , and spybot found malware in some win32 file and a trojan too... even tho i clicked delete it still was there in next search , i have no idea what to do with it...

Level 7
you're screwed

go to your nearest electronics store (preferably best buy) and get the guys to repair/reset it.

what were you dling anyway? i know it was a graphic program, but which?

It was GraphicsGale , i found it on one site but the setup was weird because when i opened it nothing appeared , so i though its not working and wanted turn it off if its still on in the process and cause a misstake i closed something with Modem , since then i got some error about Host Process... what happened to it ? If internet isnt working but that the computer log-offs from alone when i try to scan with Avast for viruses... thats weird.

Level 34
As a heads up, generally when ending a process, only end ones that have your user name. Don't end a process with System, or Local Service in it's name unless you know what you're doing.

Try booting in safe mode so that you are only loading your necessary drivers. If the problem persists, it's most likely an issue with a windows default driver. In that case you can try and google more, or take it in somewhere like takakenji said. I could be way off and it could be something other than a driver issue.

However don't go to best buy. I'm not sure what their computer repair is like, but most of the big chain stores overprice everything, and the technicians aren't as good as a private computer store. Find a local store that repairs computers.

Level 7
As a heads up, generally when ending a process, only end ones that have your user name. Don't end a process with System, or Local Service in it's name unless you know what you're doing.

Try booting in safe mode so that you are only loading your necessary drivers. If the problem persists, it's most likely an issue with a windows default driver. In that case you can try and google more, or take it in somewhere like takakenji said. I could be way off and it could be something other than a driver issue.

However don't go to best buy. I'm not sure what their computer repair is like, but most of the big chain stores overprice everything, and the technicians aren't as good as a private computer store. Find a local store that repairs computers.

Well i have no experience in booting the computer , i dont realy know what it is or how it works , i was reading something on the net and i accesed already the boot menu with F8 when starting the computer and there are 3 options
1stFloppy Drive , HDD , CD , well because i dont know much about it i dont want make it even worse than it is... i dont know how it works , what to select (i guess CD is not the one...) and what can happen...

Level 34
You won't hurt anything by choosing the wrong place to boot from. You want to choose HDD to load windows. It's simply asking you what you want your computer to start from. If you're reinstalling or using a different Operating System (Windows for example), you'd boot from the OS CD.

I'm assuming your running Vista.
Start your computer in safe mode - Vista.

Level 7
You won't hurt anything by choosing the wrong place to boot from. You want to choose HDD to load windows. It's simply asking you what you want your computer to start from. If you're reinstalling or using a different Operating System (Windows for example), you'd boot from the OS CD.

I'm assuming your running Vista.
Start your computer in safe mode - Vista.

It worked , back on my PC , thanks for help +rep :D
And finaly i know how booting works...

Level 34
No problem.

Your not using your computer in safe mode are you? Did running safe mode fix/restart the driver that wasn't working in "regular" Windows?

Level 7
No problem.

Your not using your computer in safe mode are you? Did running safe mode fix/restart the driver that wasn't working in "regular" Windows?

Well in safe mode it was not loging off itself there i did all the antivire checks , after the booting in safe mode it was working in regular but i cant still not understand why the ending of that system process stoped the internet to work...

Status
Not open for further replies.