1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Join the 6th Melee Mapping Contest for a chance to have your map featured in this year's Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Shoot to thrill, play to kill. Sate your hunger with the 33rd Modeling Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Do you hear boss music? It's the 17th Mini Mapping Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Fire and Blood

Submitted by neckface
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
neckface presents:
FIRE AND BLOOD
(Chapter One)

a single-player campaign spanning four individual maps

What is It?

Fire and Blood is a classically themed single-player RPG in which you control a party of four heroes. Loosely inspired by Warcraft and WOW themes and lore but original in scope and mythology, your group of four young adventurers explores a mystical and lavishly designed world fraught with adventure, danger, and loot.

Why Play It?

I designed Fire and Blood as a 'back-to-basics' solo RPG. Initially you choose four heroes from a pool of 20 different character classes, of course making sure to balance your party between might, muscle, and healing. After the opening cinematic you are free to explore. Freely travel back and forth between overwold maps, and explore dungeons as often as you like to collect the best loot and acquire powerful abilities.

In this initial release, the gameworld spans four separate maps--three overworld and one dungeon (my plan over time is to include 3 more dungeons and 6 more overworld zones, but at the pace I work, I feel it prudent to release just the first chapter).

Features

20 Unique Character Classes
120 Custom Abilities
Open-World Travel
Agility-Based Evasion System
Damage Display System
Challenging Strategic Gameplay
Lush, Extravagantly Detailed Terrain
Fearsome Dungeon and Overworld Bosses

The Character Classes

Of course, to attain real ultimate power you need some serious heroes! Draw your heroes from a pool of awesome and unique warriors. Each hero has 1 innate ability, which is mana free (or passive), four basic, levelable abilities, and one ultimate ability (achieved at level 7 in the alpha). The strategies you use and the gameplay experience you have is largely determined by the group heroes that you pick!

Fighter Archetypes
Primary Attribute: Strength
The Fighters are the shields of your party, with their innate ability to taunt and their high armor and hit points.
[​IMG]
Warrior, Brawler, Berserker, Paladin

Thief Archetypes
Primary Attribute: Agility
Useful for speedy attacks and mana-independent DPS, this group has quite a few tricky abilities that serve many different purposes...from pickpocketing for gold to subduing foes and controlling combat.
[​IMG]
Thief, Assassin, Blade Dancer, Bounty Hunter

Wizard Archetypes
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
These are your nukers, your big guns, and your crowd-controllers. However, once their mana runs out they are dead in the water.
[​IMG]
Mage, Frost Mage, Stormcaller, Pyromancer

Healer Archetypes
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
A member of the Healer class is absolutely essential to the success of the party. While defensive by design, some of these casters also have surprising offensive abilities, especially the Shadow Priest.
[​IMG]
Priestess, Ecomancer, Crusader, Shadow Priest

Summoner Archetypes
Primary Attribute: Various
This group is the maverick, hybrid class. Each hero summons a type of pet (or totems) to enhance their basic abilities.
[​IMG]
Beastmaster, Huntsman, Warlock, Shaman

The Storyline

The story of Fire and Blood starts very simply. Your four young heroes have lived their lives training in the martial and mystical arts with the Warmasters, an ancient and monastic military sect. The Warmasters, though very small in numbers, have a long history of aiding kingdoms in need, battling for good when their need is called for. Before any padawan can attain the title of Master, they must complete what is called the Gojun A'am--simply translated as 'The Quest' However, Gojun A'am is not defined. A padawan must discover his or her purpose over the course of a yearlong journey out into the world. Our story begins on the Gojun A'am day of our four heroes, as they leave their monastery and begin their pilgrimage in search of their quest...

Screenshots!
Test

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Model and Skin Credits

I downloaded a butt-ton of models and skins from WC3 Campaigns and the Hive for this project. I take no credit for the beautiful custom skins and models in this project. Credits:
Test

KC -Grendel alfredx_sotn Ampharos_222 Aquis ArchonClock/Archonian /Grey Archon
Black_Stan buster Callahan Cavman Celestea CloudWolf CombatTheWombat
D.O.G. Dan van Ohllus Dentothor Deolrin Dionesiist diosilva16 erwtenpeller
eubz Fan Frankster General Frank happytauren HappyTauren
Hawkwing hellblazer-14 hortaxman jigrael Kehel Kimberly Kwaliti
Leopard Mc ! Mephestrial Mr Meesh pins PROXY Pyramidhe@d Radagast Sellenisko
shamanyouranus shiiK Skipper soulreaver6 Tarrasque THE_END Tiki wij

Changelog
Test

1.01 added campaign preview image

Thank you for reading! I welcome your feedback and bug reports.
Cheers!

~neckface

Keywords:
Campaign,
Single Player, neckface, BaronVonFancy
Contents

Fire and Blood (Campaign)

Reviews
ORCNET"][img] [img] [img]Approved [img] - a single player rpg map with 4 heroes to play, what a bonus!Fire and Blood (Version 1.0) Rate[c]Score[c]Percent[c]Letter [r][img][img][img][img][img][c]5/5[c]91-100[c]A...
  1. [img]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/images_all/icons/peonpower01.gif[/img] ORCNET
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    • Approved [​IMG]

- a single player rpg map with 4 heroes to play, what a bonus!
    • Fire and Blood (Version 1.0)

Rate Score Percent Letter
      [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 5/5 91-100 A
      [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 4/5 81-90% B
      [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 3/5 75-80% C
      [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 2/5 70-74% D
      [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 1/5 50-69% F

Overview:

Gameplay

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

"Fire and Blood" is a role-playing campaign that tells the story of young padawans who now becomes powerful soldiers known as 'Warmasters' to travel the land protecting villages and defeating the evil presence known as the 'Watcher'.

"The game play is very vibrant and well executed, some cool references via: planet of the apes, how gollum talks in lotr and the story line is great, but some things I do not understand on the story is that the first map has some quests that reminds me of chores, not a good choice on travelers who embarks on a dangerous quest yet they answer on the call of getting groceries. Anyways based more on the game I do not like the slow attack speed and low base damage, that makes me aggressive at pressing and spamming the skills by dealing damage to a single or 2-3 targets, I suggest give all of those heroes some good attack animation and damage instead of relying too much at spells like WoW. Also I notice the game has no spawn system for the creeps, that way the player can have more time in a single map rather than finishing the map quickly to venture on to the next."

Terrain

"Terrain is marvelous, I fell in awe in what you have made in chapter 2, 3 & 4 well not much with the first part, well nothing to explain in this field but really a remarkable piece you have made good job."

Management

"Everything is going to be great but some problems I check in and some how you really need to fix this for the next version, the cinematic scene does not have a 'Esc' trigger please add it because some cinematic takes long and some players does not want to be kept waiting, again on what I said on the heroes' damage and attack speed, please make up to this so a player won't tap the skills just to finish the game, we too also want some simple hack and slash measures is it not?. And lastly to fill up the atmosphere of the game, I conditionally ask you to make a text-to-speech dialog for those cinematic to give some tone on those silent voices, even though the map will take size its acceptable because its a single player map and you can also find a tool that decreases mpq files."

Total Score:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 9/15 80% C
    • [​IMG] Orcnet
      - has reviewed version 1.0

2. neckface

neckface

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I hope you like Fire and Blood! I put a ton of work into the terrain, quests, triggers, and spells, and all the little details that I think make it worth playing. While this represents only the first chapter in the series, it has taken me a looong time to make it, and while I had intended never to release it (I started working on it to make the perfect type of rpg for me), I think there's alot here for the community to enjoy.

Cheers!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  3. G A T E

G A T E

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You can update it using the Update button on the top.

4. Orcnet

Orcnet

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Dear User:
    update your post by clicking the update button

5. Compaignuser1

Compaignuser1

Resources:
    Resources:
    I Downloaded Yours And Try Wearing my Pants

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2012
  6. UndeadImmortal

UndeadImmortal

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    From the description, it sounds epic.

lol

EDIT: And please put that screenshots into [hidden=Test][/hidden] tags.

7. Orcnet

Orcnet

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    map is approved, and it needs more chapters :>

8. ~DARK~

~DARK~

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Orcnet ! Yeah Baby Maybe 10 Heros In One RPG Sounds More good :p

9. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great, great, really great map. I am having a lot of fun playing it ! Looking forward for your upcoming updates ! Only thing that I dont like, but its not a big deal, is that Warrior model. There is a lot of better models than this one, on this site! It somehow looks weird (sick).

10. neckface

neckface

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks! Do you have any suggestions for which model might work better?

11. neckface

neckface

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for approval Orcnet. I'm hard at work on the next set of chapters...
    Just so you all know it took me literally years to make this first part of my vision, so don't expect chapter 2 anytime soon! But now I have all the triggers down pat so I can focus on my favorite part: terraining and filling that terrain with beasties!
    I'll update new versions as I finish the new levels.

12. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maybe this model: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/galen-trollbane-182285/?prev=search=galen&d=list&r=20 or these skins: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-182157/?prev=search=human&r=20&d=list&page=4 or http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-132722/?prev=search=human&r=20&d=list&page=4. I honestly prefer Hellscream !
    And I think I have found 1 bug. That Crusaders passive is saying that his armor is changed from Medium to Heavy, but its still medium?

EDIT: And this one is great too : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...2465/?prev=search=warrior&r=20&d=list&page=11

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  13. rokir

rokir

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok i like the map but you should change some things:
    1. Cam setting, i need to zoom out or i cant focus that long on a game (anyway you can see more)
    2. Spell Hotkeys q w e r and special hotkey for ulti would be great

14. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    From what I've seen so far, it's very nice, though my one concern is creep respawn. The mutant wolf boss is hard enough without his wolves respawning right on top of you, I would suggest having respawns happen only after heroes have left the area.

15. Veritas 117

Veritas 117

Resources:
    Resources:
    I agree, the hotkeys as QWER would be really nice.

16. neckface

neckface

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the feedback...keep it coming!

17. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Two problems: I cleared out the naga dungeon (really cool, by the way, though bosses should give reward experience since you're more than three levels above them), and neither the ring or the moonstone dropped. The moonstone might be because I killed the naga before I found the crypt though (seems that way, I just reran the dungeon going to the crypt first and it dropped just fine. Still no ring though).

Also, you should make the cinematics skippable, at least past the first time you see them.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  18. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    There seems to be a really weird bug in the reputation system, it jumped from 150 to 101 to over 500 and fell back to 2 as I finished various quests. I tried restarting the map, but if you do that the Lord cutscene doesn't happen, he just sits there with the exclamation point on his head.

19. neckface

neckface

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1. The moonstone drops from the Queen Slithash, but only if you have the quest; I will make it always drop from her in the next update.

2. The ring is supposed to drop from Beastmaster Fiss. I found the error in my code, and will fix it for the update.
    Thanks!