• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Favorite Star Wars Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
first off, lol @ u rifleman
and Jaba the Hut is the best evur star warz character ... EVUR!

Level 14
lol, we do it to confuse foreigners! :p

And because the Emperor is an asshole who deserves nothing but scorn.

Level 11
I have a few favourite characters, so i am going to list them in alphabetized categories:

Army: Trade Federation Battle Droids
Droid: HK-47 ("Meatbags" says it all)
Jedi: Mace Windu
Non-force sensitive organic: Boba Fett
Race: Wookiees
Sith: Darth Revan (although he/she is not very awesome as Jedi)

Level 34
Yeah.. yeah..

Too bad there was no ''hei lets turn tem on agin! :D''-moment in the Star Wars universe. Would be kinda cool, (rogue) droids vs The Empire or something.

Edit: I forgot! They did do it in BF2.

Level 14
It's alright, I google'd it and spelled it wrong :p

Yeah, you gotta love Karin Traviss though. She has some sort of Mandalorian fetish >.>

Level 36
Oh definitely. She's my favourite of the Del Ray authors, by far.

The Mandalorian fetish is something I share with her, and it's awesome knowing that no matter what series it is, there's gonna be some Mando in there if she's the author.

It's great. Mandalorians wouldn't have like half the canon they do now if she wasn't around.

The Jedi being destroyed was a Sith thing. They were gonna be destroyed either way. The reason the Empire was formed was so that Palpatine could have absolute power and get things done fast, rather than waiting for the bumbling bureaucratic Republic.

Level 18
Yuzan Vong?I must read those books.
And you are to cruel to simple minded Seperatists.They just wanted to rule galaxy.Is that so wrong.And yes I am sarcastic.
Isn't wasn't that common protocol droid, Bounty.

Yea it was, but I watched the movie in cinemas on premiere, I was 9 I think and that guy was like one of the first things I saw in the movie and I liked him lol

Level 36
The Jedi have been wiped out at least 2 times to my knowledge. The Valley of the Jedi with Bane caused a mass death, but not extinction, the extinction of the Jedi after KotoR, and again with Order 66.

But Palpatine IS the Sith. One master, one apprentice. The Sith have wanted to destroy the Jedi since Bane was the only one to survive the Valley of the Jedi and the thought bomb. So for countless generations they existed in secret, waiting for their time. The Jedi grew stagnant, Palpatine seized his chance.

But he also wanted to be Emperor. His friend Admiral Thrawn knew the Yuuzhan Vong were coming, and he needed to do something about it, lest there be no Empire left for him to rule.

I always think it would have been cool to see the Empire, with its death stars and sun crushers and galaxy guns, go up against the Vong, and see how they would have done in the place of the New Republic.

Arvedui, did you know that apparently the Vong had been spotted as far back as the Kotor days? Apparently Canderous saw one of their ships or something and he tells you about it in one of the games.

Level 14
Arvedui, did you know that apparently the Vong had been spotted as far back as the Kotor days? Apparently Canderous saw one of their ships or something and he tells you about it in one of the games.

Yeah I read that somewhere. I never noticed it in-game, and I'm too lazy to actually check, but that's insane.

How long did they plan that series? :p

And yeah I agree about the movies. I heard rumor Lucas was going to make 3 more, but it was just that: rumor.

Level 36
I heard rumor that he actually has the scripts, but will never do anything with them.

Actually I kind of saw it. Back before Episode II I was looking for spoilers, etc, and someone basically had a complete plot overview that nailed everything that happened in the movie. There were also scripts for 3 more, but I can't remember what they were about.

Might just have been a lucky guess though...

Level 14
Well I assume the 3 ones after the movie would be about the New Republic.

The Yuuzhan Vong would not be in the movies.

There were spoilers all over the place, one had to be right :p

Level 14
Yeah, but this was eerily close. Had Padme in the speeder with Ben Organa and everything.

Ah, now that is crazy close.

Hmm, well Lucas needs better security lol.

And yeah Palpatine was the one who killed Windu, Anakin just got in the way.

Level 36
Also, Palpy's saber was totally ftw.

There's something I don't get though. Up to the release of Episode III, it was considered a major spoiler to announce that the Emperor was indeed Palpy.

Wtf is this shit? I thought it was totally obvious, but apparently there were huge debates, and it came down to a screen shot comparison of Sidius on the balcony in Episode 1 with Maul, and then him on the same balcony again as Palpatine in Episode 2.

I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.