• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Favorite Cartoons (NOT Anime)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Level 17
Since when is anime not cartoons? It's just the Japanese word for animated movies.
Oh well, you must mean West-world animations(cartoons).

I like X-men, the original series the most.

Oh, and which transformers series are you talking about, because most of them are japanese(anime, if you prefer).

Level 3
  1. Simpsons
  2. Family Guy
  3. South Park
  4. Ed, Edd 'n Eddy
  5. Futurama

I don't really watch cartoons anymore but if I happen to stumble upon either of these, I might just watch it. Simpsons, Family Guy and South Park is the best.

Level 14
because the whole globe revolves around America amirite

*facepalm* He was replying to scorpion182. If you can't read, or don't understand what the person is saying, don't post.

because english comes originally from america , right?

He was making the point that it doesn't matter what anime means in Japan. And that in English anime usually means animation from Japan.

Seriously, think for a second before posting.

Gargoyles is still the best Disney cartoon TV show ever.

*facepalm* He was replying to scorpion182. If you can't read, or don't understand what the person is saying, don't post.

He was making the point that it doesn't matter what anime means in Japan. And that in English anime usually means animation from Japan.

Seriously, think for a second before posting.

Gargoyles is still the best Disney cartoon TV show ever.

sacasm sucks on this site huh :wink:

i also <3 king of the hill

if you don't, then ignore this.

Level 13
Mulgrim's point was that "and in America, anime means all animation made by Japan" that post was made like the world was only America and the rest...nothing more...you don't see sarcasm and you are complaining that we don't see it...fail thread is a fail

Level 15
because this site even has a rule that we should only speak english.

/facepalm

you're still doing it

Mulgrim's point was that "and in America, anime means all animation made by Japan" that post was made like the world was only America and the rest...nothing more...you don't see sarcasm and you are complaining that we don't see it...fail thread is a fail

exactly, thanks breh. btw i smell deletion up ahead

Level 10
Transformers! Robots in descise! Transformers! I like cherry pies!

If you don't want to "get off-topic", you shouldn't ask off-topic questions. Anyways, I already answered your question before you asked it. Quoted for your well-being, since you missed it the first time.

Tsk tsk tsk, Duragon always gettin' off topic... tsk tsk tsk...

Last edited:
Level 14
Noone remembered old Marvel's cartoons from 90's? Epicest. Actually, Iron Man Armored Adventures (2009) is pretty good, just it's 3D and animation of bodies knows to be bad.

I've always liked DC comics better. Batman is my favorite Superhero.

But the X-Men animated show was kickass.

Level 9
1. Robotech Macross Saga
2. Cybersix
3. Gargoyles
4. The Pirates of the Dark Water
5. Batman Beyond
6. Centurions

I also like The Chronicles of Riddick Dark Fury.

Also forgot to mention Green Lantern - First Flight.
Awesome movie, I recommend everyone to see it.
I had to watch it twice because it was so god damn awesome.

EDIT:
Rurouni Kenshin
The word "anime" is mentioned 87 times when you read about it at "http://en.wikipedia.org"
Utena
Kino's Journey
the rest of my list just isnt worth putting here... to many cartoons

Great, more Warcraft Unlimited members here to show their lack of courtesy and brain cells.
It clearly says: (NOT Anime), now why do you guys insist on mentioning anime ?

Guess where I ended up when I googled pictures of Utena.
Yeah, "www.animegalleries.net"

Guess where I ended up when I googled pictures of Kino's Journey.
Yeah, "www.anime.com"
Guess what it says when you read about Kino's Journey on Wikipedia?
Yeah, "A thirteen-episode anime"

Face it you piss-ants.
We do not want cartoons/animes from this part of the world to be mentioned in this thread:
east_asia.gif

Create a thread at Warcraft Unlimited if you want to talk about cartoons/animes from that part of the world.

Last edited:
Level 15
Anime doesn't refer to all types of animation in Japan...they have "cartoons" as you refer to them just like they do in the rest of the world.

Anime is just referred to the works of a SINGLE PERSON. In other words, a Japanese Animator, like Hayao Miyazaki.

It can also refer to a group of people that consistently work together to produce animated works.

Cartoons still exist in Japan, and they're not anime. Anime is a different thing entirely. Hence the terms "primetime anime" and "anime radio".

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Utena
Kino's Journey
the rest of my list just isnt worth putting here... to many cartoons

Level 14
I never understood why Batman is a superhero. He doesn't have any superpowers, so why isn't he jsut a regular hero?

Just out of curiousity.

Cause he does just as much crime fighting as Superman, but he's only a normal person. So he's better than Superman, thus he himself deserves the title "Super."

Plus, the gadgets and the car alone are "super".

Level 15
Also forgot to mention Green Lantern - First Flight.
Awesome movie, I recommend everyone to see it.
I had to watch it twice because it was so god damn awesome.

EDIT:
The word "anime" is mentioned 87 times when you read about it at "http://en.wikipedia.org"

Great, more Warcraft Unlimited members here to show their lack of courtesy and brain cells.
It clearly says: (NOT Anime), now why do you guys insist on mentioning anime ?

Guess where I ended up when I googled pictures of Utena.
Yeah, "www.animegalleries.net"

Guess where I ended up when I googled pictures of Kino's Journey.
Yeah, "www.anime.com"
Guess what it says when you read about Kino's Journey on Wikipedia?
Yeah, "A thirteen-episode anime"

Face it you piss-ants.
We do not want cartoons/animes from this part of the world to be mentioned in this thread:
east_asia.gif

Create a thread at Warcraft Unlimited if you want to talk about cartoons/animes from that part of the world.

You're the ignorant one, aren't you? Anime isn't just Japanese, there's American anime too (ever heard of Avatar the Last Airbender?). So seriously, chill out. Go outside and toke with your friends or do whatever. Relax.

And Rurouni Kenshin is the baddest ass cartoon of all time. In my eyes

Wow ive never seen it so hard for people to stay on topic...

this isn't a discussion about cartoons vs anime in art style or origin or country or w/e the fuck its about your favorite non anime cartoon. If you dont have a favorite non anime cartoon to post dont post anything.

don't worry about us Trax,
posting how we arent on topic is off topic as well.

On-topic

do animations count?
not a series, but just maybe a music video

Status
Not open for further replies.