• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Any Good Sadistic Anime Out There?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Keep in mind that most sadistic anime is rated 16+. Some is rated 17+. With this in mind, please put all pictures/videos into hidden tags as the scenes depicted in them are a bit too violent = ). Any conversation that depicts those scenes should also be put into hidden tags. The only thing outside of the hidden tags people should see are regular conversations about the shows, like how epicly awesome When They Cry and its mystery is o-o.

A lot of people are really offended by sadistic or incestuous shows. It just so happens that I love anime shows like that. No, I never watch hentai, we're just talking about regular anime.

Now if you are offended by sadistic anime, like Alucard in Hellsing or Mion/Shion in When They Cry, reading this post will probably just piss you off, so save yourself and everyone else the hassle and don't read it : P. I'm just trying to find sadistic anime since it's so incredibly difficult to find >.<.

Anime like (I will be updating this list as more sadistic anime is found)
  • Monster
  • When They Cry
  • Perfect Blue
  • Hellsing Ultimate
  • Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne
  • Black Lagoon
  • Ghost Talker's Daydream (ehh)
  • Le Portrait De Petite Cosette

Devil May Cry looks promising, I'll have to check that out.. hopefully it won't be another Basilisk >.>
can anyone check out Majin Tantei Nōgami Neuro

Updates from anime suggested by members

The first list was compiled after years of searching, and notice some shows just have one episode or just one moment where the show really reaches that point I'm looking for.

And keep in mind that I want the really hardcore stuff

Hardcore List
  • When They Cry
  • Two moments (thus far) in Hellsing Ultimate
  • One moment in Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne
  • One moment in Black Lagoon
  • Le Portrait De Petite Cosette

I'm thinking of anime like When They Cry. I don't care about the gore or the killing, what I want to see are truly insane people that take absolute pleasure in their torture, like Alucard in Hellsing and Mion in When They Cry.

Are there are other anime shows with characters like this? They seem to be so few and far between.

Now please, before you recommend an anime show like Elfen Lied or something, keep in mind what I'm specifically looking for. The main character in Elfen Lied is nothing at all like Mion or Alucard >.<. Johan from Monster didn't quite cut it for me either.

Oh yea, and I have tried google, but I keep finding people who recommend stuff like Elfen Lied, which tells me they have no idea what the other person is looking for to begin with ^_^. Another popular recommendation is Black Lagoon (I've seen that show, good and etc), but that only has one episode that coincides with what I'm looking for (the twins).

So please, if you know of any hardcore sadistic anime with intensely gruesome scenes that are on par with episode 2 (I think it was episode 2) in Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne where the main character is tortured to death by a maniac, share it : P.

Oh, and I've already seen Shana, so if you're thinking of the episode with the incestuous/depraved twins in Shana, yea, ; P.

I saw Ghost Talker's Daydream already too (not too sadistic), and I've seen just about all anime movies so don't bother with those, lol... Le Portrait de Petite Cosette was superb ^_^.

Also, best opening credits I've seen so far were from Black Lagoon and When They Cry. Best ending credits is most def Princess Resurrection : ).

Rated 16+ Content Warning for intense violence and maniacal behavior

2654.jpg

Last edited:
Level 35
Most of them are meh and I only memorized Jubei from Ninja scroll, personally I only found the first two exceptionally brutal (though I could be said to be a fan of Hellsing).

The first one is Elfen lied, which I've been wanting to watch for a while, without knowing what's actually in it. The extract showed the chick in it basically going through the lab/street/metro and slaughtering men women and children in her way. xD

Ye.

The only anime I've ever watch beside pokemon when I was like 10 was ''Claymore'' cause my brother forced me too..

the story is kind of cool, I won't lie, but it's gorry.

It involves chicks wearing massive claymore slashing throw demons, but! it's actually pretty good.

Level 31
The only anime I've ever watch beside pokemon when I was like 10 was ''Claymore'' cause my brother forced me too..

the story is kind of cool, I won't lie, but it's gorry.

It involves chicks wearing massive claymore slashing throw demons, but! it's actually pretty good.

I wouldn't necessarily call that sadistic (a violent show isn't necessarily a sadistic one). If you really want to see what I'm talking about and have the stomach for it, check out the content in first post. Look at the eyes, not the scenes, and you will totally get what I mean.

Level 31
I would put those into hidden tags ; P. Someone may necessarily not want to see those pictures, and you can easily link to single posts = ). Your opening video scene looks fine though, and probably the whole video is fine as well. Video just looked violent : (.

I said something may be violent but not sadistic or sadistic but not violent : ). You can even have sadistic + violence. Being violent doesn't necessarily mean it's sadistic.

Claymore is obviously violent but not sadistic.

a violent show isn't necessarily a sadistic one

I personally think that scenes in Hellsing that are the most sadistic are where Alucard goes on a rampage through the hotel (including later fight with Candyman or w/e) and his fight with Rip Van Winkle.

I'm not saying that all of the fights in Hellsing Ultimate are sadistic, like the one vs the Valentine Brothers are much of the stuff with Anderson >.>.

I posted some pretty clear images I think of what makes a scene truly sadistic. I'm not debating the ones you posted aren't, but I'm saying a lot of people mistake any sort of extreme violence for a sadistic scene = ).

You see, it's his happiness, his great smile in the scene that really pushes it to the point. If he didn't have that smile and didn't say what he did, I wouldn't call that a sadistic scene ; P. Well, I guess he could have expressed other sorts of emotions like rage, or no emotion at all (not a zombie)... but if he was crying while he was doing it and was sad, I'd just say that the scene was normal plain old violence, but if someone was forcing him to do what he was doing and that forcing person was laughing all the while, that would be an even more brilliant scene than how it is in its current state.

Something that is totally backwards from the norm I guess.

Level 31
Actually, I recently learned that When They Cry is the highest rated horror anime : \.

An anime I'm going to try out is 3x3 Eyes, which is another horror (we'll see how messed up it is).

Another one I'm trying soon (one I've wanted to watch) is Paranoia Agent.

Others I'll be trying are Ghost Hunt and Ghost Hound as well as Shigofumi and Boogiepop Phantom = )

It's at this point that I'll probably be running out of plain old horror anime that's licensed in the U.S. >.<... sadly, I think When They Cry will be the best I'll ever see /cry. Just waiting on season 2 ^_^.

This is actually the formal review of the show ; D.

Well, I don't really think there are any other anime horrors out atm that are licensed in the us and are any good, so this is probably the end of this thread for awhile : ).

And yes, I know of Doomed Megalopolis and Requiem from the Darkness. I don't find either of them scary or that great ; ).

Oh yea, and the most horrifying parts so far in season 1 of When They Cry were
first arc with Keichi's paranoia
hospital after confrontation with Mion.

edit
And yea, I'm def not into the type of animation that Happy Tree Friends or w/e depicts = ). Cant' stand that animation actually, hence why I'm asking about anime =p.

Last edited:
Level 9
Blue Gender is a good anime. Has alot of intense gore and what not in it but a very good story too. :grin:

I would recommend watching it, but I don't know of any channels that still show it, its an old anime, watched it back in 2004 - 2005.

Regards,

Jake

Level 24
I do not understand anime.

The art isn't graphic enough to act as any kind of outlet or catharsis that I can imagine, as you would get from a more normally acted horror or more accurately tragedy, if not for the visual element you might as well consider some more classical tragedy. See some plays (Oedipus springs to mind), read some books. It seems to me that having humanized actors (as in a play) would rather enhance the feeling of empathy, as opposed to what we see in anime.

;/

Level 31
is this thread still going on? might as well ask for guro, nestharus

nah, shaman revived it after nearly a month. I ended on the note that there was nothing left to discuss until there are new anime releases.

On another note though, I did discover another interesting show: Baccano ;D. I wouldn't call it sadistic, but it is certainly entertaining and features a few awesome characters as well as a slew of top notch voice actors.

Status
Not open for further replies.