• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Music In Animes/Film

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Sort of a random question, but I was wondering if there is a name for a certain style or quality of music written for an anime or TV show.

Some animes have like 10 songs in which they recycle over and over again throughout the film. For example, in Naruto, they pretty much have a "sad" song which they play in sad moments and a "battle" song which they play in battles of course. It's kind of low production and you nearly say to yourself, "This song again!". I'm guessing writing 10 songs and just using them for your entire series saves money, but its tacky.

On the other hand, some animes/shows have new music written for every single episode made. It's normally simple stuff like a tense violin note playing before a couple kisses, or maybe some drums beating before a fight. It keeps the music and episodes fresh and unique, properly addressing the mood of each scene. An example is Avatar the Last Airbender.

Is there a name for what I'm describing?

Status
Not open for further replies.