• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Favorite Animes

I can't get rid of this poll.

• Oh noes.

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • :0

Votes: 23 62.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I wont specify them in order, but I've enjoyed bleach, naruto shippuden, FMA (Imma see if the newer one is any good) , trigun, and death note (I've enjoyed others but it says I am only allowed 5)

Any Hayao Miyazaki movie is a 5/5 Star movie, 4/5 if nothing else. My favorites are Spirited Away (My first Miyazaki Movie), Princess Mononoke, and Howl's Moving Castle. However, I also enjoyed Castle in the Sky, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, My Neighbor Totoro, and Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea. I've seen nearly all of them in both sub and English dub (except Ponyo of course, because it’s not out yet), and I must say, Miyazaki's films have some of the only dubs that rival the original voice cast. Yet, that is nothing less than what you would expect from Pixar (Makers of some of Americas last great CGI animated movies).

If you haven’t seen Ponyo on the Cliff yet, it comes out in U.S. and Canada in 12 days, go see it in theaters some time if you’re looking for a happy, enjoyable movie. As Ponyo mainly takes place near the sea, Miyazaki did nearly all of the ocean waves himself, and his scenery was painted with water colors. It has the highest level of detail, as well as the highest amount of still images yet of any Miyazaki film. And if you’re worried about the English translation, don't be. John Lasseter (Pixar) is running the show. It was his voice acting picks, though, that surprised me and yet, gave me a sense of enjoyment.

The two main characters are voiced by younger siblings who are both unfortunate enough to live in the shadow of their famous older siblings. The main female character is voiced by Noah Cyrus, Miley Cyrus's (Hannah Montana) youngest sister. The main male character is voiced by Frankie Jonas, the youngest brother of, and the only sibling not to be a part of the Jonas Brothers. Funny, I never knew either of them actually had other siblings.

Anyway, I apologize because you did not ask for a review of Hayao Miyazaki, just thought it might interest other fans of one of the last great animators :D

~Asomath

Level 19
List update after watching Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and really missing the times where I hadn't watched all of Full Metal Alchemist yet. :' <

1st: Death Note
2nd: Full Metal Alchemist
3rd: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (Naruto/Bleach opening/ending animation quality in full length episodes ftw!!!)
4th: Spirited Away
5th: One Piece

Also I started watching Blood+ but I got scared when I had to go to the toilet in the night, so I quit. (Yes, I might in fact be a pussy.)

Level 7
1.Pumpkin Scissors
2.Death Note
3.Bleach
4.Ghost Hunt
5.nothing yet...

if movies count too...
1.Spirited Away
2.Castel in the Sky
3.Princess Mononoke
4.My Neighbour Totoro
5.there was one but i cant remember it
I saw those movies at a TV channel im still happy if i see them again because taht was the best anime movies i ever saw...

Level 26
if movies count too...
1.Spirited Away
2.Castel in the Sky
3.Princess Mononoke
4.My Neighbour Totoro
5.there was one but i cant remember it
I saw those movies at a TV channel im still happy if i see them again because taht was the best anime movies i ever saw...
And they're all by Studio Ghibli! :D

Level 34
Been watching a lot of anime lately.

Code Geass R2: Not nearly as good as the first, but still entertaining.
Gurren Lagenn: I really enjoyed the show overall, but I had a lot of problems with the fighting and constant "he's over 9000!".
Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal (OVA): So sad. Watch at your own peril. Good though.
Samurai Chamlpoo: Cowboy Bebop-like show. Pretty good ending, although I felt it set itself up for a new season, but I guess the writers disagreed or the company went under.

Level 26
Samurai Chamlpoo: Cowboy Bebop-like show. Pretty good ending, although I felt it set itself up for a new season, but I guess the writers disagreed or the company went under.
Hm. I guess you can say it's like Cowboy Bebop, but instead of Jazz, it has Hip-Hop, and instead of Bounty Hunters in space, it has Samurai. I'd still say Cowboy Bebop has more likeable characters and a better soundtrack, though.

Level 34
I definitely thought the soundtrack was better in CBB, but I dunno about the characters. I'd say the shows were very similar, just in different universes.

Level 24
Top hated!

1. Naruto
2. Bleach
3. One Piece
4. Any anime about a school boy who has incredible harem going on without him noticing or is just too moron to pick only one of the girls (This goes for like 50% of the anime?)
5. Any anime that has a guy and a girl and the girl is rather short and is a tsundere also. (I know a few of these and they make me sad in so many levels)

D:

Level 2
Top hated!

1. Naruto
2. Bleach
3. One Piece
4. Any anime about a school boy who has incredible harem going on without him noticing or is just too moron to pick only one of the girls (This goes for like 50% of the anime?)
5. Any anime that has a guy and a girl and the girl is rather short and is a tsundere also. (I know a few of these and they make me sad in so many levels)

D:

I can agree on that naruto and bleach are bad
But I love the One Piece anime! Enies lobby is the best arc so far in the anime.
Bleach and naruto is probably most hated because of the fillers.

But the manga of those 2 and One Piece are the best long running manga in my opinion =D

Level 24
I have maybe read the 10 latest bleach chapters and I can say it's total BS. The art style is just fucked up good. SO MUCH WHITE EMPTY SPACE and the details are very poor (Maybe it's called bleach cause of that?). And the story... OMG... Every chapter contains at least 1-3 "IT'S OVER 9000" moments. And either the translators or the maker of the manga is just lame since the lines are just cheesy and really childish sometimes.

Well Naruto manga ain't that bad tbh

Level 34
I like Bleach, but I agree it has too many DBZ moments. Too much over 9000, and to much taunting/standing around in the fights.

For me my least favorite anime, in no particular order, would be...

1. DBZ - I suppose I liked the show somewhat as a kid, but even then it was a bit boring.
2. Elfen Lied - Bunch of naked 12 year olds are not what I want to watch.
3. Sailor Moon - Huge show when I was a kid, but being a boy I never really liked it.
4. Berserk - Berserk was awesome until the end. It was simply the worst ending to anything I've ever seen or read.
5. Yu-gi-oh (sp?) - Sucked, never liked it. Even bayblade was better.

Level 26
I really don't see why people treat it like some kind of critically acclaimed work of art. It's GORNGORNGORN with cutesy (yet somewhat amateurishly drawn) naked preteens. It's the cruel machinations of what seems to be one hell of a sexually frustrated middle school student. Gantz (the manga) also bathes itself in blood and vaginas, but it actually has good art, an interesting plot (up until the current chapters), and offers a somewhat enlightening experience. The author must have been seriously fucked in the head, but he still maintains a valid outlook on life.

As far as the OVER 9000!!!!!1!11! anime moments go, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann does it best. It's so ridiculous and far-fetched straight from the start, and only gets more absurd, manly, and awesome. It's not an anime made to make you think, but to feel good about yourself and ejaculate in your pants as you watch Kamina kick reason to the curb. It's as "feel-good" as anime gets, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Considering Neon Genesis Evangelion made mecha all serious business, Gurren Lagann roundhouse kicks the mecha genre right back to its insane, awesome form. A picture is worth a thousand words, and episode 15 of Gurren Lagann was said to have contained 22,000 frames. That being the case, it could be said that an episode of Gurren Lagann consists of 22,000,000 words. And each and every one of them is "Epic."

Level 34
I'll agree that Gurren Lagenn takes you for one hell of a ride if you just sit back and let it. However it's not really all that feel good since she leaves in the end.

I also gotta say that in what, 25 episodes?, they went from underground cavemen to throwing galaxies at each other in giant mechs. To pull that off, while maintaining a good story, is indeed epic.

Level 7
1.Pumpkin Scissors
2.Death Note
3.Bleach
4.Ghost Hunt
5.nothing yet...
5th Place - Full Metal Alchemist

Hated :
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-Chan (not realy hated but i dont like it and i hope there arent animes like that)
i cant hate Naruto because i never saw it maybe im the last one who didnt saw naruto :D But at one game there are many people in the MMORPG with names like Narut0 , Naruto , xXNarutoXx , Sasuka , Sásuke and etc. some people call them Narutards... When i see naruto i will see if i hate or like it :D

Level 7
I like Bleach, but I agree it has too many DBZ moments. Too much over 9000, and to much taunting/standing around in the fights.

For me my least favorite anime, in no particular order, would be...

1. DBZ - I suppose I liked the show somewhat as a kid, but even then it was a bit boring.
3. Sailor Moon - Huge show when I was a kid, but being a boy I never really liked it.
4. Berserk - Berserk was awesome until the end. It was simply the worst ending to anything I've ever seen or read.
5. Yu-gi-oh (sp?) - Sucked, never liked it. Even bayblade was better.
First time i saw some scene from Bleach i was thinking its some DBZ , Naruto kind Anime that i will hate when they were flying and just standing and talking about something that is what i hate... when i saw the first episode it was looking good , but 300 Episodes or more alrdy ? I have no time for that

Level 2
1: Bleach I guess
2: Onepiece
3: Naruto
4: Death Note (short but good)
5: Other pretty many random animes :D

Im reading manga for the time. Anime is to slow in the story. And it dosent take 999999999 years with fillers in manga

edit: cuz there are no fillers

Level 15
1) Kurokami (this is an amazing anime. If you liked Death Note, then you should definitely check it out).
2) Rurouni Kenshin
3) Dragonball
4) Death Note
5) Shaman King

honorable mention: FS/N, Hellsing, Claymore, Yu Yu Hakusho

DISLIKES

Naruto - A giant cliche that should've ended with the battle at the Valley of End. The entire story is a run-on of already used plot elements. If you don't believe, go read a manga from a good mangaka and see how Masashi Kishimoto literally stole writing techniques/ideas from Watsuki, Akira Toryinma, the girl who writes Hellsing, and many others.

The characters are all a bland remake of a character from Shaman King, most notably, the most annoying character from Shaman King, which is one of the most popular anime in Japan (behind DB and Death Note).

Bleach - It was good up until 50 episodes, then the story just became a remake of Rurouni Kenshin and Yu Yu Hakusho.

EDIT: People who call anime like Death Note, etc. short are dumb. Naruto and One Piece are just extremely overly long. One Piece is also trash, but I won't talk about that until later.

Level 14
I'm relatively sure there are like 30 other threads like this one...

Favorite Top 5:

1.) Saiyuki
2.) Rurouni Kenshin
3.) Bleach (first 50-60ish episodes)/the manga is much better than the show.
4.) FLCL
5.) Gundam Wing (This show really got me into anime)

Honorable Mentions:

1.) Full Metal Alchemist. Haven't gotten the chance to read the manga yet, but the show was still pretty good.
2.) DBZ. I actually really liked DBZ. Yeah it got completely ridiculous at the end. "ZOMG a NEW Super Saiyan level? Who woulda thought?!" But still, it was fun to watch. And Yeah, GT was horrible. I couldn't get past episode 5, I think.
3.) Zoids. I loved when several of these were on Toonami.
4.) G Gundam. Thought this show was really good. Kinda ridiculous, but fun to watch nevertheless.
5.) Digimon. I absolutely loved the first season. The second season was decent, and everything after that was just downhill. Haven't seen the most recent season. Also, the original Digimon movie = awesome.

Level 34
Rurouni Kenshin was pretty good. I liked the OVA more, the about his past.
Fate/Stay Night was decent. The end got a bit lame with the big blasts of gold light. Use the sword, not big laser beams plz.
Phantom: Requiem of the Phantom was good.

Level 11
Did I mention that I also love Elfen Lied? ;-) But, no really. Mixes horror, action, drama, romance, comedy, fanservice, nudity(-ehem-) and sci-fi into one.
Let me guess - Elfen Lied is the only anime you know besides other mainstream ones?

Fate/Stay Night was decent. The end got a bit lame with the big blasts of gold light. Use the sword, not big laser beams plz.
Phantom: Requiem of the Phantom was good.
I didn't really enjoy it. The main char was just so cocky that I nearly dropped the show, and the "date" nearly killed the show for me.

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Favourite Animes?

Just Curious.

1) Death Note
2) Fullmetal Alchemist
3) Avatar: The Last Airbender (More of a Cartoon Really)
4) Bleach

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 19
There was a thread like this before, I believe. Nevertheless, we should have an update on this every once in a while! :D

1) Samurai Champloo
2) Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
3) Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
4) Death Note
5) One Piece

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

I really need to see Brotherhood, and i forgot to add bleach ><

Level 13
1) Trigun
2) Cowboy Bebpo
3) Rurouni Kenshin
4) Ranma ½
5) Death Note
6) Full Metal Alchemist
7) Avatar: The Last Airbender
8) Naruto (it's sucks now a days but i like the old one)
9) Bleach (just fillers now a day but still the first episodes were good)

I'm sure there's more but these are some of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.