• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Favorite Animes

I can't get rid of this poll.

• Oh noes.

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • :0

Votes: 23 62.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Lufy from One Piece is by far the awesomest character evar. Everytime a character appears that you really want to punch in the face, Lufy never fails in doing this favor for you, only unimaginably harder, and way moar awesome than you could have possibly even fantasized was possible. :)

Level 13
Berserk Season 2... Come on it's going to happen... It's got to happen! It would easen the pain of waiting half a year for a single Berserk manga chapter!

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

eating tha potato chip decided his faateee

Nah, there was some mini-television/chip in the potato chip, so he ate it to avoid getting caught(?)

Eating the potato chip (for him) signifies his victory over L. Since the guys like a psychopath, winning is orgasmic for him. Also, it would look suspicious if he just opened a packet of chips and never touched it. He was being monitored by L, and to clear suspicion, he had to kill a NEWLY ANNOUNCED criminal while he was being watched.

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

I Disagree, that was when the real epic part stated

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

^^^^^ This Post = Epically Awesome...Nothing will ever change that...just too good...

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

The writers of Death Note wouldn't fail, even with a producer like that. They would make something awesome out of it, I assure you.

True...God darn Hollywood have to ruin everything (referring to Hollywood remake)

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

There's Avatar (Film) and there's Avatar: The Last Airbender which is a cartoon, though they are making a like-action version of it...out in 2010 or 2011

Level 15
Avatar: The Last Airbender was an American "anime". It's a lot different than a cartoon. It utilizes the same animation techniques used in modern-day (at the time) Japanese "anime".

M. Night Shamalyan is making into a live-action movie, yes.

Death Note is okay, but people who feign over it obviously don't read a lot of psychological manga.

Favorite anime is Akagi...

...NOSE-STAB!

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

O_O, I like DN mostly for the Intellectual Battles

Level 13
Psychological manga seems to be the only thing that isn't like a substitutional world.

I usually study peoples' minds, learning about them (kind of a hobby D:), and I find that most people who watch/read anime/manga just to shut off completely.

A lot of them are really just escaping from the real world, shrouding themselves in.. how to put this, completely random nonsense? like Naruto and DB; things without tangible storylines etc., which they can just sit down, shut off their mind and read/watch.

After a lot of pondering about this, I find it really, really sad. :(

Level 19
Psychological manga seems to be the only thing that isn't like a substitutional world.

I usually study peoples' minds, learning about them (kind of a hobby D:), and I find that most people who watch/read anime/manga just to shut off completely.

A lot of them are really just escaping from the real world, shrouding themselves in.. how to put this, completely random nonsense? like Naruto and DB; things without tangible storylines etc., which they can just sit down, shut off their mind and read/watch.

After a lot of pondering about this, I find it really, really sad. :(

After saying this you pretty much stated that you find all way of entertainment sad. Because, that is what all sort of entertainment is really about. Entertainment is basically made as an escape from whatever bothers you, or doesn't intereset you, or as something you feel attraction towards and want to learn more about, without nothing particular being wrong. Ever wondered why you watch a movie, or shows, read books, comics, or magazines, even listen to music? Don't tell me it's all about the facts and intelligence you gain from it, for that I highly doubt. All forms of entertainment have one thing in common really, and that is that it takes your mind on something else.

Now, if you spend your entire life watching animes, or random shows for that matter, that is sad. If you watch animes, or shows for entertainment, there is nothing wrong with that. In fact, I believe that it is for everyone good to take their mind of to something else every once in a while, because it's stress relieving etc.

So yeah, you're right about that animes are being watched to take ones mind of to something else. However, I find it rather dissapointing you haven't been able to draw the conclution that this counts for all entertainment in general.

Level 13
All entertainment works like that in one way or another, but manga/anime works sort of differently. One of my friends used to score really high on grades etc. Then he started watching OnePiece, and oh! guess what, his grades cut in half. It doesn't even fare that bad for those who get into WoW.

EDIT: It's the lack of a tangible storyline and possibility to actually understand what's even going on that makes this happen, I think.

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

That's just the people who get sucked in or don't have the will to hold it in. Sometimes when i really like what's currently happening in a TV series/Anime I'll stay up late watching it. However, I'll sleep longer the next day. Plus, I'm still at the top of my class.

Level 13
Notice how I excluded one type of manga/anime? That one type seems to be the one you prefer, so you're really half-proving my point. :O

Level 19
All entertainment works like that in one way or another, but manga/anime works sort of differently. One of my friends used to score really high on grades etc. Then he started watching OnePiece, and oh! guess what, his grades cut in half. It doesn't even fare that bad for those who get into WoW.

EDIT: It's the lack of a tangible storyline and possibility to actually understand what's even going on that makes this happen, I think.

Would you blame the anime that supposedly serves its purpose as good entertainment, or your lazy ass friend for not studying in order to get good grades? :p

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Detective Conan? So sad they didn't continue dubbing. At least they have it in Chinese though ^^.

Level 19
Assumption is your enemy. >_>

That is in no way an assumption. It is, however, the first question I asked myself, while reading your post. A rather selfexplained question, don't you think? Now, whether it would be the truth, or not, doesn't really matter in any way. However, I find myself rather curious about why your clearly stated assumption -- that anime is evil entertainment for people who like to shut themselves out, and kills peoples grades -- is correct, based on what research? That are, in my opinion, rather vague assumptions that should be questioned, and thus I am on it. :p

Level 13
Would you blame the anime that supposedly serves its purpose as good entertainment, or your lazy ass friend for not studying in order to get good grades? :p

That there looks like a statement to me.

Also, what I'm saying isn't an assumption, more of a hypothesis based on what little information I can, in fact, gather. Evidently I have limits, since I'm not a university-level psychologist.

that anime is evil entertainment for people who like to shut themselves out

Let me add, "that doesn't make any sense whatsoever" after that bold part, thanks.

What I'm really against is those things like Naruto, if you didn't notice. I feel sorry for their creators; they must be bat fuck insane.

Level 19
That there looks like a statement to me.

I told you it wasn't. I am simply asking the question, because appearently he needs to prioritize his time differently. And if he usually didn't have to study in order to get grades, that he watches anime wouldn't be the reason for for his grades getting worse, right?

Also, what I'm saying isn't an assumption, more of a hypothesis based on what little information I can, in fact, gather. Evidently I have limits, since I'm not a university-level psychologist.

What would that information be?

Let me add, "that doesn't make any sense whatsoever" after that bold part, thanks.

I am asking what you are basing your assumptions on. I might have understood them wrong, however. Could you please specify them.

What I'm really against is those things like Naruto, if you didn't notice. I feel sorry for their creators; they must be bat fuck insane.

They are geniuses who know how to make something crappy that popular, and accepted by masses of people. The result is pockets full of stacks, and I wouldn't mind being in their shoes.

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

ORDER IN THE COURT! I Hereby announce the plantiff: Megafyr the winner!

Level 9
I side with my lord and savior, TwistedImage, his logic is irrefutable, his assumptions, infallible, and he clearly knows more about anime than all of us do. Fear not his grandeur, for he is but a human as you and I, but he is also the prophet who will herald in a new and shining age of pessimism that will swallow the world whole, you shall not stand in the way of progress CyberDuelX16, for progress is the will of the world, and progress's name is TwistedImage. Do not dissent from his prophecy, acknowledge it, accept it, and join with me in helping to bring about the change this world so terribly needs, and know underneath the banner of our savior Twisted, we shall remove anime and its evil entirely, even though we don't know all that much about it, we shall do it for the good of all man!

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

I agree with the changing the world part. -Rocket Launchers Darkness-4ever- Done. The worlds better now =D

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.