• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Favorite Animes

I can't get rid of this poll.

• Oh noes.

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • :0

Votes: 23 62.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

It's not a radio, it's a mini-tv (I've watched the entire series 30 times over...don't ask.)

Level 17
Death Note... ahhh just tooo dramatic, I mean take this scene for instance:

That's what you get for watching it dubbed to english(you also took it waaay out of context). Few english voice actors are good at making serious voices. They're stuck in the "Cartoons(animated movies) are for kids, therefore I must sound like a retard so that kids can get a twisted view on life!" thinking.

And yeah, it's a good list. I'm not too fond of avatar, it's not really my taste, but it is a good one.

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Yay, ^^, Please tell me if there's anything else you think is worthy of it ^^

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Well at least I can understand it in English - even in Japanese that's a bit....much, I mean the chip shatters like glass that fills the screen as serious orchestra music builds up in the background. That is one important Potato chip

The moment is an important moment in the anime

At that moment L is watching Light Yagami (Kira), therefore Light must generate evidence that he is not Kira by killing someone who was announced while he was being monitored. However, with all the cameras in the area the only way to do that is to hide the source. He hides a mini-tv and a piece of the Death Note in the chip packet...so yes...the chip is very important...I'LL TAKE A POTATO CHIP AND EAT IT!

Well what did you expect from an unexplained 5 second video in which a guy (which you don't get to see his eyes, which of course adds to the drama) stares at chips, picks one up saying:

"I'll take a potato chip....*pant**pant*...and EAT IT!"

Taking a bit which is accompanied by shattering glass and dramatic orchestra music.

This was inevitable, good thing it stopped when it did.

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

hmm...Vampire Knight started out good but the pairing was a disappointment

You get the point, what dead-man was trying to say is that Avatar isn't technically Asian style Anime because it was produced by a US studio and even though the art style is very similar to Asian Anime it still has many western influences in the art and story.

I was saying that though it's not technically Asian, it still roughly can be considered "Anime" style because of it's similarities in style.

Level 17
You get the point, what dead-man was trying to say is that Avatar isn't technically Asian style Anime because it was produced by a US studio and even though the art style is very similar to Asian Anime it still has many western influences in the art and story.

I was saying that though it's not technically Asian, it still roughly can be considered "Anime" style because of it's similarities in style.

Yeah, I get the point, but I just answered him head-on on what he said. Besides, no-one said that specific list was asian anime, or have I missed something?

No, well the thing is the original intention was for this thread to be about Anime style Cartoons (yes I know thats redundant but you get the point). I'm just saying its all well and good until someone mentions Spongebob or Southpark or something just because Anime is technically any cartoon.

This is kind of off-topic.. but it's happened twice in this thread, rick roll starts playing in my browser!? (just the music) Is this someones sig, or have I got a virus?!

Are you using IE? I know tons of people get random crap like that with IE - try switching to Firefox, Opera or Chrome and see if that goes away.

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

No, well the thing is the original intention was for this thread to be about Anime style Cartoons (yes I know thats redundant but you get the point). I'm just saying its all well and good until someone mentions Spongebob or Southpark or something just because Anime is technically any cartoon.

Are you using IE? I know tons of people get random crap like that with IE - try switching to Firefox, Opera or Chrome and see if that goes away.

I agree, Firefox is epic

1. Soul Eater (DtK LOL)
2. DBZ (legend)
3. Elfen Lied (W.T.F.)
4. Higurashi (pretty fucked up)
5. Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan (please, he's bigger than 800 yotameters)
This list is fail

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

I have a right to opinion, don't i?

and by your logic: What right do you have to say anything about me?

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

You stated it as a fact, not as an opinion.

I didn't say "My Opinion is this..." nor did say: "The Fact is this..."

I just not like the animes narrator, that's it, nothing personal ^^

Level 19
Has anyone seen Darker Than Black? I watched four episodes, before I went to bed yesterday, and it seems interesting. I like the art very much, it is a bit similar to the way I draw myself, lol. Though the world/story is kind of confusing, and I still don't really understand everything that's going on. Probably more will be explained as the story progresses.

Level 17
Has anyone seen Darker Than Black? I watched four episodes, before I went to bed yesterday, and it seems interesting. I like the art very much, it is very similar to the way I draw myself, lol. Though the world/story is kind of confusing, and I still don't really understand everything that's going on. Probably more will be explained as the story progresses.

I've seen it. I kind of liked it, though many questions are left unanswered ... if you keep watching it, you will understand. It is worth it, trust me :p

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

It's a good anime...but the storyline is VERY confusing...Also, by the end...about 90% of the questions are left unanswered....IT EATS AT YOUR SOUL I TELL YOU!!

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

xD, come on...It'd beg for those!

Ooh...i just noticed, i need +1 Rep ><

Status
Not open for further replies.