1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Favorite Animes

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Lady_Shadow, Aug 30, 2004.

?

I can't get rid of this poll.

1. Oh noes.

19 vote(s)
    51.4%
  2. :0

23 vote(s)
    62.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I didn't really like Teen Titans that much, they're all like wierd and then you just get Robin from Batman and it's like.... wtf?

Spirited Away was AMAZING though. One of the 5 anime movies I've ever been able to sit through.

2. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, FLCL, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bepop, Samurai Champloo, Vision of Escaflowne, Elfen Lied (I think), Outlaw Star, Gundam, Sailor Moon, Simoun, Digimon, Tengent Toppa Gurren Lagann (I think), s-CRY-ed, Rozen Maiden, just off the top of my head. The manga versions came second, if at all.

No. The reason anime are usually just adapted manga is because manga are safer. Anime have comparatively HIGH production cost, with no guaranteed return. Making anime out of manga is just safer.

3. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    In my English class we had to bring in an item showing how Shakespeare was relevant in modern society.

A random girl brought in information about some Shakespeare manga. Apparently this company did manga adaptations of a bunch of Shakespeare's plays, with Hamlet due out soon.

Made me laugh, sounded pretty interesting.

4. Nbah

Nbah

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:

Not all of them are like that. Well, haven't watched all of them, but for example I'm pretty sure Rozen Maiden manga is before the anime, cause Kirakishou wasn't even shown in the anime, just some copy of hers. Anyways, yeah, there should be some exceptions in which the anime came before the manga (I'm stupid, I know, I should've said that most of the animes are based on the manga before them, not ALL of the animes ><), but that doesn't change the fact that the majority of the anime is based off on manga and not created before the manga or anything like that. But you're right, yeah. Must admit that you're very knowledgable on the whole anime-manga thing, which is very cool ^_^.

5. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    If Rozen Maiden started as a manga, people wouldn't always be whining for a third season. I'll look it up, though.

Edit: So it did start as a manga. They really should work on the 3rd season, lol.

6. arphax214

arphax214

Resources:
    Resources:
    naruto shippuden still the best..next is bleach and onepiece....

7. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    YA U GUYS SHIPPPIDUDUDUIN WINS!11!1

Srsly.

8. Kuhneghetz

Kuhneghetz

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I lol'ed.

9. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That's some sig worthy material, soooo.. Anyone with a blank sig?

10. The Last Istari

The Last Istari

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sig'd.

11. Callahan

Callahan

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Avatar is produced by Nickeldon it's definitly not anime.

12. Kofi_Banan

Kofi_Banan

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Code Geass !!! C.C Lulu Zero Kallen zomg CODE GEASS
    The action, the plot, the music zomg CODE GEASs!!

13. F4talWr4th

F4talWr4th

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like CLANNAD due to the artwork and the story. Avatar was quite a good show, although I don't really care what would happen next. A lot of you may bash me on this one, but I love Lucky Star due to the Childlike (Their about 16-17 yrs. old) characters.

14. Royy

Royy

Resources:
    Resources:
    My favorite anime is "Welcome to the N.H.K." as most of you have realized it's not what-so-ever mainstream anime. But i like it because it has a very interesting sense of humor, and it has a fairly good representation of the world.

Check Wikipedia if (probably) haven't heard of it, it's more somber then most though, and most who are interested in the actiony types like Naruto will dislike it.

A close second would have to be soul eater which is nothing like N.H.K., i like it mainly because of it's great humor, and it's extremely unique art (My avatars from it) it's still in the production though, and probably not coming into English for awhile if ever. (You can see the subbed ones still though)

15. cheesdude

cheesdude

Resources:
    Resources:
    DBZ is something i'd watch even if they aired it today.

My god it was brutal..

16. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    The Naruto and Bleach anime suck because of the useless filler arcs, and you'd better be talking about the Japanese versions of all of those. [highlight]Especially[/highlight] One Piece.

Lelouch Vi Britannia, the 99th emperor of Britannia, dies.

17. scorpion182

scorpion182

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    crayon sinchan :D

18. WILL THE ALMIGHTY

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Every single anime on that list is either some japanese commerical shit to make kids buy toys or simply shit.

Animatrix is awesome.

19. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
    And what about Pixar?

20. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources: