• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fanmade of Arkain

Level 19
The Tribal dominion in my own style.
Document 2_2.jpg

Needed to scratch an itch to play the next act (which is Act 7 as of this post), but I couldn't bear it any longer. Hence, I introduced the Ironfist faction to the Warcraft 3 melee map scenario. Needless to say, it didn't go well ... for the opponents (granted, they're computer controlled).

WC3ScrnShot_091022_203005_01.png

For the main hero shown here, I decided to refer to one of Gardon's children, Zurae Bloodclaw. Based on the Tales about her, Zurae gave off the impression of a talented mage with extreme proficiency with the element of fire. Hence, I began to work on her skillset (Credits to johnwar for the model).

I thought about which skills one of the heirs of Gardon should have. It turns out that Lina the Slayer's (Dota) skillset fits Zurae very nicely, so I managed to copy-paste it, albeit with some minor tweaks.

For those unfamiliar with Lina's skillset, the first skill (Dragon Slave) is a reskinned Shockwave. The second skill might be based on the Infernal skill with an invisible dummy unit that should despawn as soon as it appears. The third skill, Fiery Soul, is the only skill that needs to have its behavior triggered or coded in vJASS, as it grants the caster bonus attack speed and movement speed per stack acquired that lasts for a set amount of time. Fiery Soul grants a stack whenever the caster casts a spell, and the overall duration of the buff is refreshed. The last one, Laguna Blade, might be based on Chain Lightning with only one bounce.

Since I went all in with copy-pasting most of Lina's skillset, I decided to make her ultimate Infernal Rain. Learning the skill made her gain the Laguna Blade ability, which meant that the skillset was complete. For her ultimate, Infernal Rain, I decided to make it a mix of Avenge and Infernal (with the Fire Golem coming out - stats balanced accordingly). Due to how OP the Ironfist faction is compared to the regular wc3 units (even with health adjusted to compensate for the raw damage stats), I decided to make Zurae and Gardon learn their ultimate abilities at level 10 instead of level 6. At that point, learning the ultimate skill may as well be considered an honorary win button.

In the image above, this is Zurae along with her father Gardon utterly destroying an Ironfist base (from another timeline that got transported into the warcraft melee universe, not to worry). Unlike Lina, Zurae gains mana back whenever she kills a unit with her spells. The Ironfist faction can be distinguished from the regular human faction by the darker color palette on the buildings.

Gardon for the most part remains the same as the original, except his third skill, Dark Secrets, is converted into a permanent passive with reduced lifesteal that also provides armor reduction on nearby enemies a la Corruption Aura.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I did not see this coming but I gotta say I love that one of Gardon's children made it into this.
And I am sure we can do something about that itch. ;)

Btw, regarding the buildings: The Ironfist is going to start using the Gilneas buildings by Ujimasa Hojo
again once we reach a certain point in the True Story. :)

Deleted member 304046

D

Deleted member 304046

View attachment 406773
OG Thanok and the lovely Claire
While the Ironfist faction and its characters are not among my favorites, I do like the drawings that other people made for them and this is no exception. Claire and Thanok look appropriately intimidating and are actually more menacing than Gardon himself due to their eyes being covered in their knight helmets, though I always imagined Claire as looking less threatening. The most striking aspect is how you chose to draw Thanok. I always imagined him to be the same size and height as Gardon, but here he looks much more huge and imposing. Then again, Gardon is crouching/sitting and not standing upright, at his full height and Claire is smaller due to being a woman, thus Thanok looks larger by comparison. The dragon you drew, symbolizing that Thanok is actually a dragon in human disguise, is badass and a nice touch.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
This really does look absolutely badass.

I am actually in favor of Gardon being presented in a crouching/"smaller" way.
Gardon is not supposed to look weak or anything but he is not supposed to be a mountain of
a man, not at all actually, and I think this drawing captures him really well - Zed might make it
a bit difficult to see him but I am pretty sure that is the point.
Claire and Thanok both look equally menacing which is only fitting for being part of Gardon's elite
and the dragon symbol behind Thanok really is a very cool touch. I also really like that their armors
manage to look distinct while still sharing a color scheme and overall "feeling".

Level 24
This really does look absolutely badass.

I am actually in favor of Gardon being presented in a crouching/"smaller" way.
Gardon is not supposed to look weak or anything but he is not supposed to be a mountain of
a man, not at all actually, and I think this drawing captures him really well - Zed might make it
a bit difficult to see him but I am pretty sure that is the point.
Claire and Thanok both look equally menacing which is only fitting for being part of Gardon's elite
and the dragon symbol behind Thanok really is a very cool touch. I also really like that their armors
manage to look distinct while still sharing a color scheme and overall "feeling".
Every time I draw, i'm making stories. I find it fitting that Thanok look Claire and said "Use this armor. You will still be weak but at least you will last longer. I don't have the time to find another competent soldier... I'm surrounded by mongrels and tree shaggers (Pointing the elves and conscript farmers)"

Deleted member 304046

D

Deleted member 304046

Inspired by MyPad, who introduced Gardon's daughter Zurae to Warcraft III meele map scenario, I decided to make something of my own. I hope Shar doesn't mind it, but if there is any problem, this post can be removed.

Without further ado, let me show the master of my favorite Demon Legion in Warcraft III meele map.

Vermon.png

Vermon

This is Vermon, or Vermon the Mysterious as I wanted to call him, the leader of Mindslayer Legion. I used coal team color for him and gave him a darker tint to signify his enigmatic nature. I also removed Dreadlord soundset, thus making Vermon more creepy and unsettling.

I deliberately gave him very high stats, higher than those of Maronogin in the Dark Blade chapter, though the hit and mana points, as well as the armor number might be too high.

For unit abilities, he has Spell Immunity and Finger of Death.

Now, I did not create new any hero abilities for him, I just changed the icons for pre-existing skills for the sake of immersion. If I had to imagine Vermon's hero kit, it would go something like this:

1. Dark Blast: The first ability would be some sort of demonic or psychic blast, damaging both the enemy and other units around them.
  2. Frighten: The second ability would be comparable to Howl of Terror, intimidating enemy units and heroes, lowering their attack and armor.
  3. Unholy Aura: Though Vermon here has Unholy Aura, I think he deserves to have a different looking aura, something more dark and shadowy (An Undead ability called Aura of Blight has the fitting look for him, but Aura effect itself is too small and does not affect nearby units).
  4. Mind Enslavement: Vermon's final ability would be very similar to Ebira's ultimate, as it is about enslaving a large number of units, allowing the player to take control of them. Vermon would be capable of taking control of units over level 5. Unlike Ebira's ultimate, which takes control of units around her, Vermon's Mind Enslavement would allow to the players to aim the spell anywhere (akin to Blizzard, Rain of Fire, Death and Decay and other skills with area of effect).

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 27
Inspired by MyPad and WolfDominion1996, I made another hero concept, this time featuring Velina Bloodclaw - Gardon's half-elven child.

• Firstly, I picked her because she's an elven archer that's studying necromancy, which is a quite rare combination in a fantasy character, at least to my knowledge. Besides, she said that her uniform is grim, so Ujimasa Hojo's Death Ranger model naturally becomes a good fit, after I replaced the Undead face with the normal Elven Sylvanas face.
  • As for the skillset, since she's not a skilled magic user compared to Parlea or Zurae, I decided to lean more towards the archer/auto-attacker side of her. I also tried to mix and match vanilla skills together for both uniqueness and ease of use.
1. Magical Recovery (Passive): When casting an ability, has a chance to refund its cooldown and restore mana. It is mentioned in the Tale that she can recover a spent arrow from her prey's body, so I try to emulate that same effect here. The mana restoration is just for balancing purpose, so that the ability doesn't suck.
2. Cursed Bolt: Shoots a cursed bolt to deal damage and shreds armor in a straight line. Yes, it's a Gardon reference because I missed the armor-shredding part of his old Cursed Bolt so much. However, I changed it up a bit by basing the ability on Breath of Frost/Item Armor Bonus instead of Shadow Strike/Faerie Fire.
3. Ceaseless Barrage: Activates to shoot faster and shoot more targets, but takes more damage. Basically, Barrage and Berserk's love child with huge uptime, that serves to turn her into a good glass cannon.
4. Dark Mirage: Summons an 'illusion' at a target location, has lower attack range, can't move, and emit a Shroud of Darkness to decrease enemies' move speed and regen rate. A mockery of her mother's ultimate ability, mixed with a little bit of dark magic. The ability is a 0s-delay Inferno, her 'illusion' is copy-pasted Blue Velina, and Shroud of Darkness is Unholy Aura with negative values. Being an aura, it naturally bypasses Spell Immunity.
5. Necromantic Arrow: Shoots arrow that deals big damage over time, turning them into powerful Skeletons upon dying. No triggers required, just Parasite on crack, with low cooldown, and I love it. (also, TIL Parasite bypasses Spell Immunity as well, so this skillset is an Infernal's nightmare.)

Level 12
Just WoW:ogre_love:
Inspired by MyPad, who introduced Gardon's daughter Zurae to Warcraft III meele map scenario, I decided to make something of my own. I hope Shar doesn't mind it, but if there is any problem, this post can be removed.

Without further ado, let me show the master of my favorite Demon Legion in Warcraft III meele map.

View attachment 406857
Vermon

This is Vermon, or Vermon the Mysterious as I wanted to call him, the leader of Mindslayer Legion. I used coal team color for him and gave him a darker tint to signify his enigmatic nature. I also removed Dreadlord soundset, thus making Vermon more creepy and unsettling.

I deliberately gave him very high stats, higher than those of Maronogin in the Dark Blade chapter, though the hit and mana points, as well as the armor number might be too high.

For unit abilities, he has Spell Immunity and Finger of Death.

Now, I did not create new any hero abilities for him, I just changed the icons for pre-existing skills for the sake of immersion. If I had to imagine Vermon's hero kit, it would go something like this:

1. Dark Blast: The first ability would be some sort of demonic or psychic blast, damaging both the enemy and other units around them.
  2. Frighten: The second ability would be comparable to Howl of Terror, intimidating enemy units and heroes, lowering their attack and armor.
  3. Unholy Aura: Though Vermon here has Unholy Aura, I think he deserves to have a different looking aura, something more dark and shadowy (An Undead ability called Aura of Blight has the fitting look for him, but Aura effect itself is too small and does not affect nearby units).
  4. Mind Enslavement: Vermon's final ability would be very similar to Ebira's ultimate, as it is about enslaving a large number of units, allowing the player to take control of them. Vermon would be capable of taking control of units over level 5. Unlike Ebira's ultimate, which takes control of units around her, Vermon's Mind Enslavement would allow to the players to aim the spell anywhere (akin to Blizzard, Rain of Fire, Death and Decay and other skills with area of effect).
Now that's a lota CHAOS DAMAGE and HP! And good job on the ability design it fits his lore very nicely done:infl_thumbs_up:
Inspired by MyPad and WolfDominion1996, I made another hero concept, this time featuring Velina Bloodclaw - Gardon's half-elven child.

• Firstly, I picked her because she's an elven archer that's studying necromancy, which is a quite rare combination in a fantasy character, at least to my knowledge. Besides, she said that her uniform is grim, so Ujimasa Hojo's Death Ranger model naturally becomes a good fit, after I replaced the Undead face with the normal Elven Sylvanas face.
  • As for the skillset, since she's not a skilled magic user compared to Parlea or Zurae, I decided to lean more towards the archer/auto-attacker side of her. I also tried to mix and match vanilla skills together for both uniqueness and ease of use.
1. Magical Recovery (Passive): When casting an ability, has a chance to refund its cooldown and restore mana. It is mentioned in the Tale that she can recover a spent arrow from her prey's body, so I try to emulate that same effect here. The mana restoration is just for balancing purpose, so that the ability doesn't suck.
2. Cursed Bolt: Shoots a cursed bolt to deal damage and shreds armor in a straight line. Yes, it's a Gardon reference because I missed the armor-shredding part of his old Cursed Bolt so much. However, I changed it up a bit by basing the ability on Breath of Frost/Item Armor Bonus instead of Shadow Strike/Faerie Fire.
3. Ceaseless Barrage: Activates to shoot faster and shoot more targets, but takes more damage. Basically, Barrage and Berserk's love child with huge uptime, that serves to turn her into a good glass cannon.
4. Dark Mirage: Summons an 'illusion' at a target location, has lower attack range, can't move, and emit a Shroud of Darkness to decrease enemies' move speed and regen rate. A mockery of her mother's ultimate ability, mixed with a little bit of dark magic. The ability is a 0s-delay Inferno, her 'illusion' is copy-pasted Blue Velina, and Shroud of Darkness is Unholy Aura with negative values. Being an aura, it naturally bypasses Spell Immunity.
5. Necromantic Arrow: Shoots arrow that deals big damage over time, turning them into powerful Skeletons upon dying. No triggers required, just Parasite on crack, with low cooldown, and I love it. (also, TIL Parasite bypasses Spell Immunity as well, so this skillset is an Infernal's nightmare.)
Uoo, nice:goblin_yeah:
The Tribal dominion in my own style.View attachment 406749
This is Badass:vw_love:, specially the dragon, it kinda jump scared me:xxd:
View attachment 406773
The drip ironfist, I love it! And I'm excited to see how the golem turns out:vw_unimpressed::ogre_hurrhurr:

Deleted member 304046

D

Deleted member 304046

Now that's a lota CHAOS DAMAGE and HP! And good job on the ability design it fits his lore very nicely done:infl_thumbs_up:
Thank you very much for your compliments. And yes, Vermon does have very high stats, as I wanted to portray him as being very powerful due to him being quite a mystery.

Level 3
View attachment 406773
1663060519139.png

I have both comments on art and a little of of fanmade myself. I think the "fist" you used looks too modern and quite out of place, so I`ve repainted the RedfistBanner in Ironfist teamcolor, added some spikes and even tried to add some flames, slipping throught fingers (and failed) for "dragonish" looks.
Regarding teamcolor, red gives Redfist vibes, especially to Claire. Would be interesting to see some OG brown added.
A question about Gardons weapon for Shar Dundred : Gardon ingame model uses sword, based on his skin (Ca`Rach one), but item description implies it was gifted by Brian and has Shadow powers. Shoudnt he use simpler steel sword with shadowy "unholy glow"? Would be cool once you cast "Dark secrets" Gardons sword would engolf in purple flames.

My gibberish out of the way, I think your vision of Arkain factions is something that LoA community has not seen before, instantly fell in love with, and eagerly awaits fo more.
Keep up the great work!

Level 27
I like the Darksteel Golem a lot. The exposed cogs and joints make me think that it's in maintenance mode, but the red eye suggests that it's on high alert, and can wake up to smack some ass at anytime.

As for the problem, I think the black outlines clash with the Ironfist's color, so it's hard to see Larine and Claire from afar, especially Claire imo, because she bears too many similarities with Thanok. It looks good, but when both of them looks good in the same way, it becomes hard to distinguish. Suffering from success, in other words.

Vail on the other hand, looks fine af. Sinister-looking female warrior with full armor is the shit, and I love the weapon design also, But still, she's not as hot as Gardon. Holy shit, I mean, look at that absolute hunk of a man with that confident, immovable-as-a-mountain pose with his big sword. God, I can't stop simping for this man.

Anyway, I'm guessing the next character will be Merlon with his fleet in the background. His character is supposed to contrast the Ironfist's usual gloominess, so make him a bit more colorful and with a smile, perhaps?

Deleted member 304046

D

Deleted member 304046

Decided to make another Arkain hero concept in Warcraft III melee map, this time for a tertiary orcish character.

Brak Stormteacher.png

Brak Stormteacher

A high shaman of the Ironthunder Clan and Lokar's mentor, Brak Stormteacher is enjoying a quiet and peaceful day in beautiful forests of Salria.

Compared to my idea for Vermon and ideas for Bloodclaw's daughters by MyPad and nchp1903, Brak's spell kit is more simple, as he has three regular abilities (Chain Lightning, Mana Shield and Brilliance Aura), while his ultimate (Lightning Wave) is counterpart to Stampede and Cora's Flood ability, unleashing waves of lightning upon enemies. His unit ability is meant to be Purge, but on larger scale and dealing more damage to summoned units.

Credits:

Model: Black Shaman by Epsilon

Icon: Shadowmoon Shaman from Shaman and Derivates by Ilya Alaric

Level 12
View attachment 407008

The bro with the 2 blades.
I realy like your character positioning in a sense that each character has its own feel and its perspective makes it u go looking for characters one by one protecting somthing in the middle and then you see gardon, sitting, staring and waiting in the shadows:vw_love:and it's pretty good:goblin_good_job:

Level 12
I drew somthing from arkain that would never see the light of it being created but one can dream:cute:
Elder God of Chaos.jpg

Ornasion the Elder god of Chaos
Ebira's fall
With his soul burning with vengeance, his body freed of Aridon's chains and his will remade...
Unbroken, reincarnated as a god, bringer of Chaos.
Then let the corrupt balance break, Dark schemes and treacheries unfold and undone and shadows burn with the fire of Chaos. :vw_unimpressed:

Deleted member 304046

D

Deleted member 304046

I drew somthing from arkain that would never see the light of it being created but one can dream:cute:
View attachment 407016
Ornasion the Elder god of Chaos
Ebira's fall
With his soul burning with vengeance, his body freed of Aridon's chains and his will remade...
Unbroken, reincarnated as a god, bringer of Chaos.
Then let the corrupt balance break, Dark schemes and treacheries unfold and undone and shadows burn with the fire of Chaos. :vw_unimpressed:
Oh yeah! That's how it should be. Ornasion should get his vengeance on those intrigant, backstabbing, good-for-nothing Souleater freaks and that smug, arrogant Ebira. Lisara is miles better. Oh, and I hope that prick Erganoth and his Darkblade cronies also get killed, for Urshan's sake.

Level 12
View attachment 407022

General Dobric "The cyan bull"
When I look at this piece I really feel his strength, good job I really like it :goblin_yeah:
View attachment 407034

The real cruel and EVIL god of Arkain.
And cutest of them all:mwahaha::infl_thumbs_up:
Hey time for some mini zoom in maps! this featuring the orc islands and the 🔥 islands (no i dont know why some of the hexes are uh confused)

Very nice distinguishing of the islands:thumbs_up: and those some shadowy Arkainc hexes maybe even the map understands the touch of the shadow lord!:vw_wtf:
Gj!

Level 26
Hey time for some mini zoom in maps! this featuring the orc islands and the 🔥 islands (no i dont know why some of the hexes are uh confused)

Da*n the Orc islands are hit very bad, when they destroyed to the stone + they burned up the whole thing, it's became eternal fire. Like, destroying and burning down things are not bad enough, they just made an eternal fire on the island.

Deleted member 304046

D

Deleted member 304046

A what-if scenario from Am. F that showed Ornasion regaining his will, becoming Elder God of Chaos and punishing Ebira coincided around the time I had an idea of my own what-if that I wanted to show in Warcraft III melee map.

Future Sasrogarn.png

Future Sasrogarn

An alternate version of Sasrogarn, who remained alive after the events in Salria and who plays a role during the year of 552 E. F./20 Z.R. and beyond.

Shar has confirmed that time travel won't be added to Legends of Arkain and this concept is not meant to suggest otherwise. Rather, the moniker "Future Sasrogarn" just sounded cool to me and, more importantly, is meant to denote that this is a different Sasrogarn. A more mature Sasrogarn. A Sasrogarn who had to apply himself, learn from his many mistakes and become a person he could, and should have been.

For his backstory, in my mind this Sasrogarn was either banished by Amari rather than being killed or was not dead immediately after Amari had bested him and was secretly healed by Vanessa, who advised him to go into hiding. Whether happens afterwards is left up for other people's interpretation, but needless to say, Sasrogarn stays alive and undergoes a change in personality.

While I like Sasrogarn's spell kit as it is, I replaced some of his abillities to differentiate this version from the "main" Sasrogarn. Chain Lightning is replaced by Monsoon, Lightning Shield is replaced by Rejuvenation (since Sasrogarn needed to be able to heal himself many times in order to survive), while Feral Spirit is replaced by a spell that allows him to summon Storm Elementals, a result of his intense training in mastering elemental magic.

Unlike the "main" Sasrogarn, who was noted to be a coward and not particularly bright, Future Sasrogarn is braver, yet pragmatic, knowing when to fight to the bitter end and when to retreat, which he can do so by using Wands of Illusion. Other items that he has, such as Potion of Invulnerability or Amulet of Spell Shield, also show that he is prepared for any situation that he may find himself in.

Credits:

Warchief Thrall (New) (Re-Classic) by johnwar

Storm Elemental (Model and Icon) from Elemental Pack by Explobomb

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 27
This leans towards a more vanilla side in terms of gameplay, but I always like those what-if situations, so it's cool nonetheless. Monsoon with Volcano in the same kit is not good though, since channelling abilities lock the Hero into a more vulnerable situation, so double it up and it becomes an even bigger trouble.

Unlike the "main" Sasrogarn, who was noted to be a coward and not particularly bright

You know, now that I come to think of it, Sasrogarn is either just born in the wrong generation/race or is too ahead of his time.
Think of Starcraft. Most of the commanders, be it Protoss or Zerg or Terran, they love to command their troops from the safety of their capital ships and let their men do the dirty work. They, just like Sasrogarn, knows that their strength lies in their ability to command and/or wreak havoc from afar, so staying away from harm is actually the best move.

Like, destroying and burning down things are not bad enough, they just made an eternal fire on the island.
This is actually a good thing, because there are so many things you can do with an infinite heat source. I, for one, would ask for Maronogin's investment to open a 24/7 BBQ restaurant there.

Level 12
A what-if scenario from Am. F that showed Ornasion regaining his will, becoming Elder God of Chaos and punishing Ebira coincided around the time I had an idea of my own what-if that I wanted to show in Warcraft III melee map.

View attachment 407165
Future Sasrogarn

An alternate version of Sasrogarn, who remained alive after the events in Salria and who plays a role during the year of 552 E. F./20 Z.R. and beyond.

Shar has confirmed that time travel won't be added to Legends of Arkain and this concept is not meant to suggest otherwise. Rather, the moniker "Future Sasrogarn" just sounded cool to me and, more importantly, is meant to denote that this is a different Sasrogarn. A more mature Sasrogarn. A Sasrogarn who had to apply himself, learn from his many mistakes and become a person he could, and should have been.

For his backstory, in my mind this Sasrogarn was either banished by Amari rather than being killed or was not dead immediately after Amari had bested him and was secretly healed by Vanessa, who advised him to go into hiding. Whether happens afterwards is left up for other people's interpretation, but needless to say, Sasrogarn stays alive and undergoes a change in personality.

While I like Sasrogarn's spell kit as it is, I replaced some of his abillities to differentiate this version from the "main" Sasrogarn. Chain Lightning is replaced by Monsoon, Lightning Shield is replaced by Rejuvenation (since Sasrogarn needed to be able to heal himself many times in order to survive), while Feral Spirit is replaced by a spell that allows him to summon Storm Elementals, a result of his intense training in mastering elemental magic.

Unlike the "main" Sasrogarn, who was noted to be a coward and not particularly bright, Future Sasrogarn is braver, yet pragmatic, knowing when to fight to the bitter end and when to retreat, which he can do so by using Wands of Illusion. Other items that he has, such as Potion of Invulnerability or Amulet of Spell Shield, also show that he is prepared for any situation that he may find himself in.

Credits:

Warchief Thrall (New) (Re-Classic) by johnwar

Storm Elemental (Model and Icon) from Elemental Pack by Explobomb
WoW, that's a nice idea tbh and there could be an actual but tiny possibility that this could happen and Sas becomes Sasrogarn the Wanderer:goblin_good_job:

Deleted member 304046

D

Deleted member 304046

This leans towards a more vanilla side in terms of gameplay, but I always like those what-if situations, so it's cool nonetheless. Monsoon with Volcano in the same kit is not good though, since channelling abilities lock the Hero into a more vulnerable situation, so double it up and it becomes an even bigger trouble.

You know, now that I come to think of it, Sasrogarn is either just born in the wrong generation/race or is too ahead of his time.
Think of Starcraft. Most of the commanders, be it Protoss or Zerg or Terran, they love to command their troops from the safety of their capital ships and let their men do the dirty work. They, just like Sasrogarn, knows that their strength lies in their ability to command and/or wreak havoc from afar, so staying away from harm is actually the best move.
Fair assessment. It should be noted that Monsoon was chosen to demonstrate how strong Future Sasrogarn is, as he can summon powerful storms of lightning in a large area around him, quickly and severely damaging his enemies. Gameplay-wise, Future Sasrogarn's Monsoon could be much stronger than regular Monsoon, thus even if Future Sasrogarn temporarily puts himself into a vulnerable position, it is more than made up by the fact that his opponents get quickly decimated. His Volcano ultimate also deals much more damage. Don't want to make Future Sasrogarn too overpowered, but he is meant to be someone who uses destructive, high damage spells to showcase how far he has come in terms of skill. Not to mention that he has three Storm Elementals, who are quite powerful and could be used to keep Sasrogarn's enemies occupied, while he uses either Monsoon or Volcano.

Regarding the second point, I don't have anything to add, but it's an interesting perspective.

WoW, that's a nice idea tbh and there could be an actual but tiny possibility that this could happen and Sas becomes Sasrogarn the Wanderer:goblin_good_job:
Thank you very much for your kind words. Sasrogarn the Wanderer is a great name for this version of Sasrogarn since "Future Sasrogarn" is simply a nickname and not what he is actually supposed to be called.