- Aug 1, 2022
The Tribal dominion in my own style.
One word - badass! 😍
While the Ironfist faction and its characters are not among my favorites, I do like the drawings that other people made for them and this is no exception. Claire and Thanok look appropriately intimidating and are actually more menacing than Gardon himself due to their eyes being covered in their knight helmets, though I always imagined Claire as looking less threatening. The most striking aspect is how you chose to draw Thanok. I always imagined him to be the same size and height as Gardon, but here he looks much more huge and imposing. Then again, Gardon is crouching/sitting and not standing upright, at his full height and Claire is smaller due to being a woman, thus Thanok looks larger by comparison. The dragon you drew, symbolizing that Thanok is actually a dragon in human disguise, is badass and a nice touch.
Every time I draw, i'm making stories. I find it fitting that Thanok look Claire and said "Use this armor. You will still be weak but at least you will last longer. I don't have the time to find another competent soldier... I'm surrounded by mongrels and tree shaggers (Pointing the elves and conscript farmers)"This really does look absolutely badass.
I am actually in favor of Gardon being presented in a crouching/"smaller" way.
Gardon is not supposed to look weak or anything but he is not supposed to be a mountain of
a man, not at all actually, and I think this drawing captures him really well - Zed might make it
a bit difficult to see him but I am pretty sure that is the point.
Claire and Thanok both look equally menacing which is only fitting for being part of Gardon's elite
and the dragon symbol behind Thanok really is a very cool touch. I also really like that their armors
manage to look distinct while still sharing a color scheme and overall "feeling".
Did a rough mock up what I tend to think Salaria looks like before and after the books
A real work of art , I simply love the design of each individual character.View attachment 406525
The Bloodstones Clan
Thats the idea friend. All for the good of Arkain.A real work of art , I simply love the design of each individual character.
I m also working on updating all of my older models wich at a moment will include my dwarf bundle aswell and hope I can steal some of your design when re-creating them
Just WoWView attachment 406916
Now that's a lota CHAOS DAMAGE and HP! And good job on the ability design it fits his lore very nicely doneInspired by MyPad, who introduced Gardon's daughter Zurae to Warcraft III meele map scenario, I decided to make something of my own. I hope Shar doesn't mind it, but if there is any problem, this post can be removed.
Without further ado, let me show the master of my favorite Demon Legion in Warcraft III meele map.
View attachment 406857
This is Vermon, or Vermon the Mysterious as I wanted to call him, the leader of Mindslayer Legion. I used coal team color for him and gave him a darker tint to signify his enigmatic nature. I also removed Dreadlord soundset, thus making Vermon more creepy and unsettling.
I deliberately gave him very high stats, higher than those of Maronogin in the Dark Blade chapter, though the hit and mana points, as well as the armor number might be too high.
For unit abilities, he has Spell Immunity and Finger of Death.
Now, I did not create new any hero abilities for him, I just changed the icons for pre-existing skills for the sake of immersion. If I had to imagine Vermon's hero kit, it would go something like this:
- Dark Blast: The first ability would be some sort of demonic or psychic blast, damaging both the enemy and other units around them.
- Frighten: The second ability would be comparable to Howl of Terror, intimidating enemy units and heroes, lowering their attack and armor.
- Unholy Aura: Though Vermon here has Unholy Aura, I think he deserves to have a different looking aura, something more dark and shadowy (An Undead ability called Aura of Blight has the fitting look for him, but Aura effect itself is too small and does not affect nearby units).
- Mind Enslavement: Vermon's final ability would be very similar to Ebira's ultimate, as it is about enslaving a large number of units, allowing the player to take control of them. Vermon would be capable of taking control of units over level 5. Unlike Ebira's ultimate, which takes control of units around her, Vermon's Mind Enslavement would allow to the players to aim the spell anywhere (akin to Blizzard, Rain of Fire, Death and Decay and other skills with area of effect).
Uoo, niceInspired by MyPad and WolfDominion1996, I made another hero concept, this time featuring Velina Bloodclaw - Gardon's half-elven child.
1. Magical Recovery (Passive): When casting an ability, has a chance to refund its cooldown and restore mana. It is mentioned in the Tale that she can recover a spent arrow from her prey's body, so I try to emulate that same effect here. The mana restoration is just for balancing purpose, so that the ability doesn't suck.
- Firstly, I picked her because she's an elven archer that's studying necromancy, which is a quite rare combination in a fantasy character, at least to my knowledge. Besides, she said that her uniform is grim, so Ujimasa Hojo's Death Ranger model naturally becomes a good fit, after I replaced the Undead face with the normal Elven Sylvanas face.
- As for the skillset, since she's not a skilled magic user compared to Parlea or Zurae, I decided to lean more towards the archer/auto-attacker side of her. I also tried to mix and match vanilla skills together for both uniqueness and ease of use.
2. Cursed Bolt: Shoots a cursed bolt to deal damage and shreds armor in a straight line. Yes, it's a Gardon reference because I missed the armor-shredding part of his old Cursed Bolt so much. However, I changed it up a bit by basing the ability on Breath of Frost/Item Armor Bonus instead of Shadow Strike/Faerie Fire.
3. Ceaseless Barrage: Activates to shoot faster and shoot more targets, but takes more damage. Basically, Barrage and Berserk's love child with huge uptime, that serves to turn her into a good glass cannon.
4. Dark Mirage: Summons an 'illusion' at a target location, has lower attack range, can't move, and emit a Shroud of Darkness to decrease enemies' move speed and regen rate. A mockery of her mother's ultimate ability, mixed with a little bit of dark magic. The ability is a 0s-delay Inferno, her 'illusion' is copy-pasted Blue Velina, and Shroud of Darkness is Unholy Aura with negative values. Being an aura, it naturally bypasses Spell Immunity.
5. Necromantic Arrow: Shoots arrow that deals big damage over time, turning them into powerful Skeletons upon dying. No triggers required, just Parasite on crack, with low cooldown, and I love it. (also, TIL Parasite bypasses Spell Immunity as well, so this skillset is an Infernal's nightmare.)
This is Badass, specially the dragon, it kinda jump scared me
The drip ironfist, I love it! And I'm excited to see how the golem turns out
Thank you very much for your compliments. And yes, Vermon does have very high stats, as I wanted to portray him as being very powerful due to him being quite a mystery.Now that's a lota CHAOS DAMAGE and HP! And good job on the ability design it fits his lore very nicely done
God daimn it looks cool af, so much better than I expected keep up the great art my guy
I like your concept but the choice of colors and positioning is making it hard to distinguish who is in your art. The dynamics with your characters are fantastic! It's their positioning I currently don't like.
I like the Darksteel Golem a lot. The exposed cogs and joints make me think that it's in maintenance mode, but the red eye suggests that it's on high alert, and can wake up to smack some ass at anytime.
Can you make Larine more Visible??? Maybe placing her beside Vail??
No because she is huggin GardondCan you make Larine more Visible??? Maybe placing her beside Vail??
Oh ok. Sorry if I'm being too harsh with my criticisms. Just keep it up and I'm hoping to see your version of the Tribal dominion.No because she is huggin Gardond
I realy like your character positioning in a sense that each character has its own feel and its perspective makes it u go looking for characters one by one protecting somthing in the middle and then you see gardon, sitting, staring and waiting in the shadowsand it's pretty goodView attachment 407008
The bro with the 2 blades.
Oh yeah! That's how it should be. Ornasion should get his vengeance on those intrigant, backstabbing, good-for-nothing Souleater freaks and that smug, arrogant Ebira. Lisara is miles better. Oh, and I hope that prick Erganoth and his Darkblade cronies also get killed, for Urshan's sake.I drew somthing from arkain that would never see the light of it being created but one can dream
View attachment 407016
Ornasion the Elder god of Chaos
With his soul burning with vengeance, his body freed of Aridon's chains and his will remade...
Unbroken, reincarnated as a god, bringer of Chaos.
Then let the corrupt balance break, Dark schemes and treacheries unfold and undone and shadows burn with the fire of Chaos.
Your best work so far.
When I look at this piece I really feel his strength, good job I really like it
And cutest of them allView attachment 407034
The real cruel and EVIL god of Arkain.
Very nice distinguishing of the islands and those some shadowy Arkainc hexes maybe even the map understands the touch of the shadow lord!Hey time for some mini zoom in maps! this featuring the orc islands and the 🔥 islands (no i dont know why some of the hexes are uh confused)
Da*n the Orc islands are hit very bad, when they destroyed to the stone + they burned up the whole thing, it's became eternal fire. Like, destroying and burning down things are not bad enough, they just made an eternal fire on the island.Hey time for some mini zoom in maps! this featuring the orc islands and the 🔥 islands (no i dont know why some of the hexes are uh confused)
Unlike the "main" Sasrogarn, who was noted to be a coward and not particularly bright
This is actually a good thing, because there are so many things you can do with an infinite heat source. I, for one, would ask for Maronogin's investment to open a 24/7 BBQ restaurant there.Like, destroying and burning down things are not bad enough, they just made an eternal fire on the island.
WoW, that's a nice idea tbh and there could be an actual but tiny possibility that this could happen and Sas becomes Sasrogarn the WandererA what-if scenario from Am. F that showed Ornasion regaining his will, becoming Elder God of Chaos and punishing Ebira coincided around the time I had an idea of my own what-if that I wanted to show in Warcraft III melee map.
View attachment 407165
An alternate version of Sasrogarn, who remained alive after the events in Salria and who plays a role during the year of 552 E. F./20 Z.R. and beyond.
Shar has confirmed that time travel won't be added to Legends of Arkain and this concept is not meant to suggest otherwise. Rather, the moniker "Future Sasrogarn" just sounded cool to me and, more importantly, is meant to denote that this is a different Sasrogarn. A more mature Sasrogarn. A Sasrogarn who had to apply himself, learn from his many mistakes and become a person he could, and should have been.
For his backstory, in my mind this Sasrogarn was either banished by Amari rather than being killed or was not dead immediately after Amari had bested him and was secretly healed by Vanessa, who advised him to go into hiding. Whether happens afterwards is left up for other people's interpretation, but needless to say, Sasrogarn stays alive and undergoes a change in personality.
While I like Sasrogarn's spell kit as it is, I replaced some of his abillities to differentiate this version from the "main" Sasrogarn. Chain Lightning is replaced by Monsoon, Lightning Shield is replaced by Rejuvenation (since Sasrogarn needed to be able to heal himself many times in order to survive), while Feral Spirit is replaced by a spell that allows him to summon Storm Elementals, a result of his intense training in mastering elemental magic.
Unlike the "main" Sasrogarn, who was noted to be a coward and not particularly bright, Future Sasrogarn is braver, yet pragmatic, knowing when to fight to the bitter end and when to retreat, which he can do so by using Wands of Illusion. Other items that he has, such as Potion of Invulnerability or Amulet of Spell Shield, also show that he is prepared for any situation that he may find himself in.
Warchief Thrall (New) (Re-Classic) by johnwar
Storm Elemental (Model and Icon) from Elemental Pack by Explobomb
Fair assessment. It should be noted that Monsoon was chosen to demonstrate how strong Future Sasrogarn is, as he can summon powerful storms of lightning in a large area around him, quickly and severely damaging his enemies. Gameplay-wise, Future Sasrogarn's Monsoon could be much stronger than regular Monsoon, thus even if Future Sasrogarn temporarily puts himself into a vulnerable position, it is more than made up by the fact that his opponents get quickly decimated. His Volcano ultimate also deals much more damage. Don't want to make Future Sasrogarn too overpowered, but he is meant to be someone who uses destructive, high damage spells to showcase how far he has come in terms of skill. Not to mention that he has three Storm Elementals, who are quite powerful and could be used to keep Sasrogarn's enemies occupied, while he uses either Monsoon or Volcano.This leans towards a more vanilla side in terms of gameplay, but I always like those what-if situations, so it's cool nonetheless. Monsoon with Volcano in the same kit is not good though, since channelling abilities lock the Hero into a more vulnerable situation, so double it up and it becomes an even bigger trouble.
You know, now that I come to think of it, Sasrogarn is either just born in the wrong generation/race or is too ahead of his time.
Think of Starcraft. Most of the commanders, be it Protoss or Zerg or Terran, they love to command their troops from the safety of their capital ships and let their men do the dirty work. They, just like Sasrogarn, knows that their strength lies in their ability to command and/or wreak havoc from afar, so staying away from harm is actually the best move.
Thank you very much for your kind words. Sasrogarn the Wanderer is a great name for this version of Sasrogarn since "Future Sasrogarn" is simply a nickname and not what he is actually supposed to be called.WoW, that's a nice idea tbh and there could be an actual but tiny possibility that this could happen and Sas becomes Sasrogarn the Wanderer