• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Export particle gravity into warcraft? (3ds max space wraps)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.
A few days ago, i imported the archmage model into 3ds max and noticed something quite extraordinary -- it included a particle space wrap to add gravity to the staff particles.

If you don't know how to add space wraps to your model; click the wave shaped "space wrap" icon in the right hand toolbar, choose "forces" from the drop down box, and click on the gravity button. Then choose the "link space wrap" tool next to the normal "link" tool, and link your emitter to the gravity source.

This modifier is extremely useful, since it can force particles to be dragged realistically towards a target point of gravity, regardless of their facing. With other words, the particles "suck" into the gravity modifier.

Problem is, once i export the model, it cannot be opened in Magos model editor as i get an error message similar to what you get when you try to animate the emission rate of model emitters etc.

Since the Archmage can be opened in magos; is there a way to set up your space wraps in a way that allows it to be opened in magos?
Or perhaps: is there a way to temporarily remove the effect in the .mdl file, and add it once you have finished the final touches in magos?
I could really use some help on this.

This is how you find them in 3ds max:

attachment.php

Attachments

• ScreenShot101.png
    ScreenShot101.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 926
sure, i think u can bake the particles...
i'm really sry, i'm not on my computer (formatted, win wont install anymore -.-)
so my answer is a little short:

i am pretty sure u can do that!
u might want to try scriptspot.com and search for something like "bake particles" or anything alike...

maybe the point cache modifier will help??

edit:
okay, i was interested myself and here it is:
http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/pflow-baker

make sure that u set your particle to 100% onscreen, it will only convert those particles in the viewport!

I'm using particle emitter 2, and xXm0RpH3usXx, i am very glad that it is possible to achieve, but i couldn't get the script to work. I tried launching it, but i was unable to select any particle flows to bake. The drop-down window was empty.

This is how the launcher looked:

attachment.php

Thanks for your responses.

Attachments

• ScreenShot120.png
    ScreenShot120.png
    145.6 KB · Views: 1,098
Status
Not open for further replies.