• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Exercise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you exercise and if so, how and how much? Do you have any problems related to prolonged use of computers?

I've had to start exercising, forced by developing joint/spine/bone in general pains as well as muscle atrophy and fat buildup and I am currently doing about half an hour of mild cardio and stomach and back exercises each day.

I'm posting this because I am well aware that many users of the site spend too much time on a computer, much like myself, and am interested in whether they've developed body issues and if so - whether or not they are doing anything to resolve them.

Level 3
Ive started working out lifting weights and for cardio I play DDr. Most of my exercise would consist of playing basketball as that is my favorite thing to do, but being November that is a little hard to do outside. I really gotta get a Y membership so I can play doing the winter months.

Level 22
I chop firewood every other day on weekdays and I cut long grasses (I don't know what it's called in english, those grasses that grow higher than a human) during weekends (using a grass cutter not a lawnmower) and I still have health issues.

Level 36
When I take a walk I'm occasionally subject to passively being jogged, people destroying the peace and calm of a park or
forest track by moving their feet like drumsticks and listening to faint, but audible, music... Does that count? >.>

Level 23
You forgot which street? Your own city's street? Oh my..

I always forget the turns and which streets I go to when I ride the car especially if I'm unfamiliar with the place. But if I already have walked the area before, then I'll be able to memorize places better.

Though I don't think walking several kilometers is enough to be called an exercise though. :/

Level 16
I lift, well, since june.
Lifting has got my ass off the computer and has allowed me to bask in aestheticness.
Or as Zyzz called it, Aesthetic lifestyle. That dude has inspired millions of people to workout.
Where he was famous in coining the phrase
U mad brah?
U jelly?
U mirin'?
Try joining bodybuilding.com but mind you, there are many alphas there waiting for prey to troll.
With words such as Beta phaggots, sloots, i can clearly notice the contrast of Hiveworkshop and bodybuilding.com

Level 45
I do no exercise besides walking to desired locations that do not require a car. It is a sad regret, however where I am moving will have a built in free gym, so I plan on using that :3

If it counts, as I kid I use to play soccer, run, jump from tree branch to tree and go after everything, I was the ULTIMATE SPEEDING/FIT MACHINE. But then I got unwell, had no friends, lost motivation, suffering from chronic fatique + put onto meds that make me really tired.

Before I got my car/scooter I use to walk about an hour a day :eek:...My legs were actually pretty lean, now they are quick thick and jelly like considering my build.

It is one of my greatest regrets, the reason why I fear to exercise is because I fear I will lose time doing other things, I drive to save time so I can get back to the leisure things, but I guess I have to view exercise as a leisure thing one day, otherwise I'll die unfit and unhealthy.

When manic/unwell though, BOY, do I LOVE exercise, I would spend over an 1hr a day just running on a treadmill/bike/boxing and such, its great fun, sadly....I do not have the energy nor the mood to do those things. I am eagerly waiting to at least have the exercise bug when move, change of diet and change of life style :) I look forward to having my old amazing body, so amaze, much improve, so doge ! :)

For me, using the computer or watching TV are actually healthy activities because I take breaks to exercise in between games, during commercial breaks, while waiting for something in a game to happen, and such.

How much I exercise varies from day to day, the more time I spend indoors, the more time I get to exercise. That is unless I'm watching movies, then I don't take any breaks and just laze on the couch drinking irish cream and egg nog.

Some days I exercise pretty intensely, as much as 1500 situps, 1500 jumping jacks, 500 pushups, and a total of 5,000 reps split between 5 of my favorite exercises with 200 pounds. That's only on a really good day when I'm feeling great, like a couple times a month.

I would say on normal days I do 200-500 situps, 200-500 jumping jacks, 100-200 pushups, around 200 reps with 220 pounds on lat pulldown (like pullups, with wrists forwards), around 200 reps with 220 pounds on reverse pulldown (like pullups, with wrists facing you), around 400 reps with some exercise that I'm not sure if it has a name or not, just pulling 110 pounds per hand, alternating between one hand and the other pulling it towards me at an angle, turning my torso in the direction that I'm pulling it.

However, that much exercise isn't really necessary. There have been times where I've been feeling lazy for a few months and just done like 2 minutes of exercise a couple times a day just to stay fit; I only do longer exercise sessions when I am trying to get stronger.

I guess there isn't really much of a reason for it, not in any kind of health crises, just exercise to stay fit and relieve stress, I get stressed a lot and the only way for me to really let the stress out is to strain myself with exercise.

Last edited:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I remember leaving a computer once... That might've been about unemployment benefits...

Level 34
I'm currently roofing (as in building roofs for people), so I get a ton of exercise.
I used to play a ton of sports, but I haven't been involved in any organized sports since spring.

Level 21
nonesense.
Just had to bring this out. Nope, I didn't make a mistake when copying that word.

To stay on topic, I usually don't do any specific exercise, but I do occasionally walk very long distances if I have the time. Surprisingly, it's because of being lazy.
It's harder for me to stay still an hour than to move for 1 and a half.

Level 30
I lol'd, couldn't help it.

Five days in a week, I exercise by targeting a different specific muscle group every day (Arms, Back, Stomach, Legs, and well, uhm... butt. Just try to laugh, I'm a girl, and having a good butt shape IS an important thing (for me)). The two remaining days are the days for rest.
Every other day, I do what I call "Sprinting Circle", where I jump over rope, box the bag, and sprint - 5 mins per type of exercise, then 1 min break. I do this for an hour in the morning, before breakfast.

And since I don't wanna be a walking muscle anathomy preview, I eat what I want. If I notice I've gained weight, I train a little more, and if my muscles are starting to be quite visible, I slow down a little, and make meals for stacking weight.

An endless circle if you wanna be fit, eat what you want, but not have definition, but worth the price. I can run really fast and on long distances, and I'm a smoker.

Gojira2000

G

Gojira2000

Are you really asking people on the internet (much less hive) if they partake in any physical activity besides moving their pudgy greasy fingers to move their mouse/ hit keys on the key board?

yeah....

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Are you really asking people on the internet (much less hive) if they partake in any physical activity besides moving their pudgy greasy fingers to move their mouse/ hit keys on the key board?

yeah....

Don't worry, I'm guessing none answered this thread seriously ;)

Gojira2000

G

Gojira2000

Don't worry, I'm guessing none answered this thread seriously ;)

Lol I guess you right :p

Me IRL
879ja.jpg

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

This is me last year, I don't have any newer picture currently, but I've improved my muscles a lot from that:
ngbbs4d0411a48a9e3.jpg

yeah....

Actually, there's a good reason why I didn't make the thread on a bodybuilding forum. I am interested in whether and how wc3 modders with pudgy greasy fingers exercise, mostly since I am one of them! :D

45 push ups, 20 pull up, 6 pack abs, bench 80 kg, deadlift 100 kg. Gym 4 times a week. Taking whey proteins last two months.

EDIT: wasnt going to gym during summer, but was doing exercise (mostly push up and abs). Started working because I looked terrible, bad neck, bad back, chicked chest, very slim but still had stomach. Now I am 68-69 kg fully cut, except lowest abs I cannot get them somehow.

I used to be a runner, and got nearly all my exercise on my feet. Back then, I'd spend atleast two to three hours on my trampoline, running, or walking to and from school. After that stopped being an option, I got most of my exercise at various jobs.

I'm inbetween jobs at the moment, due to physical problems, but I get most of my exercise now, by either walking to the store, or going through a specific workout every single time I leave the computer, for any reason. I've been doing this daily for a couple months now.

Soon, I'll probably be able to work again, and keep in shape that way.

Who knows, I might be able to stick a job now. I'm atleast twice my former size, and better able to do labour.

yeah....

Just because that's you doesn't mean that's everyone else here.

Do you really believe that all fit people on the planet are completely separate from the internet, never making use of it?

Level 13
45 push ups, 20 pull up, 6 pack abs, bench 80 kg, deadlift 100 kg. Gym 4 times a week. Taking whey proteins last two months.

EDIT: wasnt going to gym during summer, but was doing exercise (mostly push up and abs). Started working because I looked terrible, bad neck, bad back, chicked chest, very slim but still had stomach. Now I am 68-69 kg fully cut, except lowest abs I cannot get them somehow.

To get the lower abs your body fat has to be extremely low :)

Level 12
So, I've picked up Tang Soo Do lately. I've also started eating more fruit and vegetables when I feel hungry. I train 3 times Tang Soo Do per one hour or one and a half hours a week +2 times per 45 minutes in school during P.E. So yeah, 5 times in one week.

I dont really have a fixed exercise routine/schedule, usually I would just try to surpass my previous limits, this is the current record of my 'achievement':

70 pushups in 1 minute (started to pause during the 61st pushup)
16 pullups without pause (time taken unknown)
25 times 10kg bicep curl in 19 seconds
25 times 10kg hammer curl in 25-26 seconds

I have a height of 167 cm and body mass of 68 kg
Not so strong for now, but I will keep on improving ;D

Roland

R

Roland

I don't really exercise regularly, but I only do push-ups and Pull-ups. But, Gojira and Jondrean, Man you guys are sick. :p That kind of Appearance isn't Normal anymore when you're buffed up.

Level 14
I work out three times a week for an hour a week. I have insanely good metabolism, so I really don't have to work out at all to stay skinny. I choose to though because I like keeping myself healthy. (I've never had a soda in my life)

I work out three times a week for an hour a week. I have insanely good metabolism, so I really don't have to work out at all to stay skinny. I choose to though because I like keeping myself healthy. (I've never had a soda in my life)

Never? You must a few of them on ice, even if it's a one-time thing! I feel sorry for anyone who dies without having a coke, root beer, or dr. pepper (or any drink similar in taste like mr. pib). I mean, come on, you're not going to get fat just from trying one can of a few different sodas once in your life. 120 calories, so what, you could try 30 different sodas and that would only be a single pound of fat, easy to work off. And you only need to try a few.

You already said you work out and have a good metabolism, so you need to stop treating calories like "the enemy". Calories are energy. If you have a good metabolism, exercise, AND diet, all you'll do is stop yourself from building muscle because you don't have enough calories for it (yes, building muscle does require calories).

It makes me sad, because I remember growing up some of my friends' parents were so obsessed with fitness that they made their kids work out all the time and hardly take in any calories. They already had fast metabolisms, so this just stopped them from ever building muscle. They never got past the 5-pound dumbell.

I'm sure your situation isn't as extreme as that, but I'm just saying that if you already exercise, you should go ahead and take in an appropriate amount of calories so that your body has the fuel it needs to build up.

Is soda that bad?

Not really. 80-120 calories a cup. It's bad when people drink it all day instead of water; some people drink up to 1600 calories' worth of soda a day. But having 1-2 cups of soda each day isn't going to make somebody fat. The truth is, soda doesn't have any more calories in it per cup than juice or milk. If you drank a gallon of milk and orange juice each day, you'd get just as fat as you would from soda.

What makes people fat is not the amount of calories in soda, but their lack of self control as they stop drinking water and simply drink soda all day long, because in some places the tap water is undrinkable (here the tap water is great), and bottled water and soda are the same price, so people who live in places where they can't drink tap water will often just drink soda all day. And then other people drink soda all day even when they have good tap water just because they're snobs who've gotten so used to it that they don't even like water.

Do you ever drink wine, milk, juice, beer, vodka, any of that? They've all got a lot of calories in them (yes, even vodka; alcohol is high in calories). If you're okay with drinking all of those things, you shouldn't deny yourself soda for your entire life just so you can play your high-and-mighty card. I'm not saying to drink soda all the time, but sitting back on a friday evening with a glass of iced coke isn't going to kill you.

Level 22
You always give the most detailed answers my friend, thanks :D. I drink soda, I was just confused why one tries to avoid it.

Level 24
Actually, there's a good reason why I didn't make the thread on a bodybuilding forum. I am interested in whether and how wc3 modders with pudgy greasy fingers exercise, mostly since I am one of them! :D

Well when you put it so kindly I can simply say I have a bit of a weight problem, I'm actually a bit underweight and score at 56 kg with a height of 178 cm, so that should pretty much give away that I don't excercise a lot.

Underweight by BMI or for real?
Note that BMI is in the league of Fairies and unicorns

BMI is inaccurate when it comes to determining whether someone is really overweight simply because a lot of people who are classified as "overweight" simply have a lot of muscle, which is heavy. Pretty much any heavyweight wrestler, boxer, or football player would be classified as overweight by BMI charts because they have a lot of muscle which makes them heavy, while we all know there's no such thing as a fat boxer.

However, if BMI charts classify someone as UNDERweight, then they are more than likely underweight.

Converted to feet, inches, and pounds, he is 124 pounds at 5 ft 10. That is definitely underweight.

A normal person at that height would be around 160 pounds, or 72 kg. Different people have different builds, so I won't say he needs to get up to that, but he should definitely at least build himself up to 140 pounds, which would be 63 kg.

Status
Not open for further replies.