1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Exercise?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by HappyTauren, Oct 31, 2013.

1. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Do you exercise and if so, how and how much? Do you have any problems related to prolonged use of computers?

I've had to start exercising, forced by developing joint/spine/bone in general pains as well as muscle atrophy and fat buildup and I am currently doing about half an hour of mild cardio and stomach and back exercises each day.

I'm posting this because I am well aware that many users of the site spend too much time on a computer, much like myself, and am interested in whether they've developed body issues and if so - whether or not they are doing anything to resolve them.

2. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    If I don't exercise I generally feel like shit because of my diet and being lazy.
    Although, I've been running because I smoke and have been having a bit trouble with my chest/lungs.

I really should exercise more lol

3. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't usually but sometimes I walk(oh yea).

But recently I dropped from 3 'warm meals' to 1 per day. If I get hungry I will suffer or eat vegetables or fruits. No more pizza or bread.

4. PyroKnight

PyroKnight

Resources:
    Resources:
    Making 25 push ups every day and playing football (le soccer) that's enough.

5. JAMES SOUTHERLAND

JAMES SOUTHERLAND

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ive started working out lifting weights and for cardio I play DDr. Most of my exercise would consist of playing basketball as that is my favorite thing to do, but being November that is a little hard to do outside. I really gotta get a Y membership so I can play doing the winter months.

6. chobibo

chobibo

Resources:
    Resources:
    I chop firewood every other day on weekdays and I cut long grasses (I don't know what it's called in english, those grasses that grow higher than a human) during weekends (using a grass cutter not a lawnmower) and I still have health issues.

7. saphiree

saphiree

Resources:
    Resources:
    I work out 3 days a week and run twice a week :) I also started because of back problems.

8. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I dont move my ass from the computer unless I go to go to school.

I got no regrets

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  9. Rheiko

Rheiko

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    as long as i have laptop.. as chaosy said
    but because i don't have laptop now, do some housework and run every morning (because i'm late to school)

10. Keiji

Keiji

Terrain Moderator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    When I take a walk I'm occasionally subject to passively being jogged, people destroying the peace and calm of a park or
    forest track by moving their feet like drumsticks and listening to faint, but audible, music... Does that count? >.>

11. GreeN!X

GreeN!X

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    A lot of sports at school, a few sit-ups at home and I usually just walk from home to school, school to home or whenever I would go, I don't like riding cars because I tend to forget where I go and which streets I go to. The rest of my time is spend with my slow but lovely PC. <3

12. Rheiko

Rheiko

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You forgot which street? Your own city's street? Oh my..

13. Hell_Master

Hell_Master

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I mostly sit and face my computer the whole day though I sometimes exercise and play Basketball when in SCHOOL ONLY.

14. GreeN!X

GreeN!X

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I always forget the turns and which streets I go to when I ride the car especially if I'm unfamiliar with the place. But if I already have walked the area before, then I'll be able to memorize places better.

Though I don't think walking several kilometers is enough to be called an exercise though. :/

15. TheKurt009

TheKurt009

Resources:
    Resources:
    I lift, well, since june.
    Lifting has got my ass off the computer and has allowed me to bask in aestheticness.
    Or as Zyzz called it, Aesthetic lifestyle. That dude has inspired millions of people to workout.
    Where he was famous in coining the phrase
    U mad brah?
    U jelly?
    U mirin'?
    Try joining bodybuilding.com but mind you, there are many alphas there waiting for prey to troll.
    With words such as Beta phaggots, sloots, i can clearly notice the contrast of Hiveworkshop and bodybuilding.com

16. jakeZinc

jakeZinc

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Same as this ^^.

17. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I do no exercise besides walking to desired locations that do not require a car. It is a sad regret, however where I am moving will have a built in free gym, so I plan on using that :3

If it counts, as I kid I use to play soccer, run, jump from tree branch to tree and go after everything, I was the ULTIMATE SPEEDING/FIT MACHINE. But then I got unwell, had no friends, lost motivation, suffering from chronic fatique + put onto meds that make me really tired.

Before I got my car/scooter I use to walk about an hour a day :eek:...My legs were actually pretty lean, now they are quick thick and jelly like considering my build.

It is one of my greatest regrets, the reason why I fear to exercise is because I fear I will lose time doing other things, I drive to save time so I can get back to the leisure things, but I guess I have to view exercise as a leisure thing one day, otherwise I'll die unfit and unhealthy.

When manic/unwell though, BOY, do I LOVE exercise, I would spend over an 1hr a day just running on a treadmill/bike/boxing and such, its great fun, sadly....I do not have the energy nor the mood to do those things. I am eagerly waiting to at least have the exercise bug when move, change of diet and change of life style :) I look forward to having my old amazing body, so amaze, much improve, so doge ! :)

18. InfernalTater

InfernalTater

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    For me, using the computer or watching TV are actually healthy activities because I take breaks to exercise in between games, during commercial breaks, while waiting for something in a game to happen, and such.

How much I exercise varies from day to day, the more time I spend indoors, the more time I get to exercise. That is unless I'm watching movies, then I don't take any breaks and just laze on the couch drinking irish cream and egg nog.

Some days I exercise pretty intensely, as much as 1500 situps, 1500 jumping jacks, 500 pushups, and a total of 5,000 reps split between 5 of my favorite exercises with 200 pounds. That's only on a really good day when I'm feeling great, like a couple times a month.

I would say on normal days I do 200-500 situps, 200-500 jumping jacks, 100-200 pushups, around 200 reps with 220 pounds on lat pulldown (like pullups, with wrists forwards), around 200 reps with 220 pounds on reverse pulldown (like pullups, with wrists facing you), around 400 reps with some exercise that I'm not sure if it has a name or not, just pulling 110 pounds per hand, alternating between one hand and the other pulling it towards me at an angle, turning my torso in the direction that I'm pulling it.

However, that much exercise isn't really necessary. There have been times where I've been feeling lazy for a few months and just done like 2 minutes of exercise a couple times a day just to stay fit; I only do longer exercise sessions when I am trying to get stronger.

I guess there isn't really much of a reason for it, not in any kind of health crises, just exercise to stay fit and relieve stress, I get stressed a lot and the only way for me to really let the stress out is to strain myself with exercise.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  19. I remember leaving a computer once... That might've been about unemployment benefits...

20. PROXY

PROXY

3D Modeling Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I'm exercising about 1 hour every second day in our little gym room in the basement, and play football 3-4 times a week.