• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Greetings fellow peons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I am Teelo, programmer from New Zealand.
By day, I am a Java/Oracle programmer in NZ.
By night, well, when I'm not busy being an expat somewhere, I am playing some computer game Blizzard related, whether it be World of Warcraft, Diablo 2, or Warcraft 3.

A long time ago, say around 2002, I was right into Starcraft map making. I liked how simple it was to build the terrain, and went insane building the triggers manually with a GUI interface!
Back then, I was one of the makers of a room wars variation, as well as a couple of tower defense maps - none of which received any real popularity.

Its not until around 2007 that I started checking out the WC3 World Editor, and was simply amazed about how much more powerful it was!

Now, as for why I have signed up here; I have free time every week where I want to spend some time on a project, either for myself or someone else (I'm not too good with terrain or ideas!).

Level 8
Hi,

and welcome to the site. Programmer..interesting...I would suggest you check out the tutorials here concerning JASS since you already have a programming background you will be able to pick up the syntax extremely fast. oh btw...JASS is the code behind GUI, and is much more efficient.

Edit: Saw your post concerning your function.... So guess your already busy learning JASS...

Last edited:
Level 11
Hello and welcome to the hive :D
check tutorials if you need any help
please try not to double post
remember to read the rules
try the chat from time to time to know our community better
enjoy your stay Teelo

Status
Not open for further replies.