1. Are you planning to upload your awesome spell or system to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The poll for our 11th Music Contest is up! Help us choose the most awesome cinematic tracks by casting a vote!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Melee Mapping contest #3 - Poll is up! Vote for the best 4v4 melee maps!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.
    Dismiss Notice

Eternal Evil 1.0.1

Submitted by Daffa the Mage, LegendzKing
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
My final resources upload until the Mac get a decent World Editor or I manage to get proper skill for icon or model making in Mac.
Got Windows fixed

Taken from Mobile Legends, the spell is a defensively offensive spell (Okay, you're joking now aren't you?) that nullifies death while active and convert dealt damage into health after it's effect ended. The spell was used in Mobile Legend by the hero Argus. It has changed lately, after a recent patch. The spell reflects to the older version.

I personally don't take much interest in that game, but thanks to my brother I got interested to take a look and finally do this spell.

Triggers can be seen at Trigger Viewer.

CHANGELOG :
Fixed issues mentioned by @KILLCIDE
Contents

Eternal Evil 1.0.1 (Map)

Reviews
KILLCIDE
A simple spell concept that can easily find itself in the kit of any Hero from any game type. It has decent configurables and is leakless. Needs Fixed Nothing Suggestions As of right now, you have it so that a caster cannot have more than two...
  1. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Administrator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Cool concept. Also reminds me of Abaddon's ultimate in DotA. However, I am a little concerned with you using the custom value of the unit as the indice. This normally wouldn't be a problem, but what happens when that same unit casts another instance while the other is still active? The special effect will get overwritten, and the Counter variable will be all messed up. Once you add a fix for this, I can quickly approve it :D Could you also rename the test map?

2. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thank you for the review. I will deal with the issue soon when I have access to Warcraft editor in Mac.

EDIT :
    See my profile for details, will update soon.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  3. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Fixed issues mentioned by @KILLCIDE.

4. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Administrator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    A simple spell concept that can easily find itself in the kit of any Hero from any game type. It has decent configurables and is leakless.

Needs Fixed

• Nothing

Suggestions

• As of right now, you have it so that a caster cannot have more than two instances active at once. With this in mind, it seems pretty pointless to store data such as CustomValue, Active[], Level[], & Timer[] before this check. You should only store this data once you know you need it.
    • The way you are preventing fatal damage seems incorrect. As of right now, it seems like it will work because there are not a lot of damage instances happening. I had a similar problem with this in the past, and I consulted Bribe on how to properly do it with his damage system. I advise doing the same!
    • The logic you have set up in EE Damage for when Eternal Evil user is attacking is right, but I would set it up like this to avoid unnecessary work:
      • -------- Eternal Evil user is attacking --------
      • Set EE_CustomValue = (Custom value of DamageEventSource)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • EE_Active[EE_CustomValue] Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • EE_PreserveHeal Equal to False
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Set life of DamageEventSource to ((Life of DamageEventSource) + DamageEventAmount)
            • Else - Actions
              • Set EE_FinalHeal[EE_CustomValue] = (EE_FinalHeal[EE_CustomValue] + (DamageEventAmount x EE_PercentageOfDamage[EE_Level[EE_CustomValue]]))
        • Else - Actions

Status

Approved

5. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I would like to know about the second issue in the suggestion, as that is sonewhat concerning and needs to be patched. Would you mind tell me how to fix it or should I ask Bribe himself?

I'll take note of the others and update accordingly.

6. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Administrator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I don't remember the fix. It was a request I made for someone a loong time ago.

7. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Very well, I will ask Bribe himself on the matter.

8. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Are you using Damage Engine?

If so, the way to do it is via DamageModifyEvent Equal to 4.00

This event is used for applying fixed-damage Shields, but also is fine to use for fatal damage prevention as that is also considered a shield.

You check if DamageEventAmount minus the life of the DamageEventTarget is less than 0.50, and if so set the DamageEventAmount to either 0 or whatever happy medium damage reduction you want.

9. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Administrator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I recall you giving me a fraction that was more accurate. Was it 2.00 / 4.93?

10. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Easier to just do 4.05/10.00 but there's no reason to be that exact. He could do 0.41 to get close enough - i just couldn't think of the exact number at the time.

11. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'll go with 0.41 I guess. Thanks for the information.