1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

EmberCraft v1.2a

Submitted by Quilnez
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.

[​IMG]

Hosted by
[​IMG]

Developed by
[​IMG]

(EmberCraft dedicated forum)

About the map
[​IMG]
[​IMG] EmberCraft is a total conversion isometric ARPG. It is heavily influenced by the infamous Torchlight 2 and Diablo 3 as inspiration for the dark atmosphere but takes place in an entirely new world with custom plot and storyline. The map will focus on enjoyable monster massacre and challenging & amazing boss fights. It revolves around a powerful random content generation system (for item stats, dungeon, shop, etc), to always deliver new experience on each go, and to provide incredible amount of item variations (6,000+ and counting).

We are aware the map still has a lot to work on. We are highly responsive and considerate toward user feedback. So keep feeding us suggestions, criticisms, and bug reports and help us to shape the world of EmberCraft!

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Storyline

The world was once a peaceful place. That's until bizarre unidentified beasts began to invade and wreak havoc everywhere. They seemingly appear out of nowhere, as if they came from other reality. After years of calamity with no resolution, a mysterious figure came to us and offered a solution. He claimed to be able to facilitate teleportation across multiple realms. We then called him The Mercenary, for a reason. He avouched that the very same phenomenon is also occurring in other worlds simultaneously and asked for cooperation to resolve the nodus. He then told us everything, about the Netherflame and The False Goddess, the root of this chaos... [​IMG]
[​IMG]
Verraje, the false goddess, is a self-proclaimed deity who desires chaos and total destruction. To achieve her ambition, she created the Netherflame, undying dark flame, to disrupt the balance in nature by uncontrollably producing vicious monsters all across the multiverse, creating endless conflicts, with the ultimate goal to wipe out all kind of life form and send everything back to nothingness. After years of struggle, we finally found a way to reach the celestial palace and we started numerous clashes with the goddess. But many strong heroes have fallen under her otherworldly might...

But it was not all in vain. We noticed that the beasts stopped appearing when we were clashing against the goddess. We then speculate that the Netherflame, the once thought eternal and infinite, can be extinguished by defeating the goddess...
[​IMG] [​IMG]
[​IMG] Being aware of the struggle, the goddess started to gave birth to some of the most frightening beasts in existence from her own flesh and blood. They guard every gateway to the sacred palace. Since then, no one has ever managed to reach the palace. Those guardian beasts are frighteningly powerful. But we, yet again, speculate that for her to achieve such feat, it must have weakened her in some way. This can be our chance to defeat her and put an end to this centuries-long calamity.

We have lost many times and many lives. But we can not afford to give up after all the sacrifice of our ancestors and many great heroes. We need the bravest warriors like you to continue our struggle and keep fighting in the front line. Our fate, our world's fate, now lies in your hands, warrior.

* the story is still under development.
[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CHARACTER CLASSES

[​IMG]
WARRIOR •

"Mob, charge, slam, and repeat!"

A melee combatant. Wield a one-hander sword and a shield. They possess immense physical prowess and use brute force to defeat their enemies.

[​IMG]

RANGER •

"Nothing is more unforgiving than our bows..."

A ranged combatant, wield a bow to attack targets from long distance. They are a versed hunter and trickster.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
• ?

"Something needs shooting?"

(COMING SOON)

SUB-CLASSES

[​IMG]
? •

"There is no extend to knowledge..."

(COMING SOON)

SUB-CLASSES

[​IMG] [​IMG]
[​IMG]
• ?

"I come to cleanse this land."

(COMING SOON)

SUB-CLASSES

[​IMG]
[​IMG]

MULTIPLAYER

Play co-op with your friends via LAN or Battle.Net. Declare battles with other players to determine the strongest! The map is balanced for playing in both single player and multi player mode. Keep in mind that save data from single player mode can't be loaded in multi player mode.
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

[​IMG]
ITEM & UPGRADE

The map not only harbors more than 6,000 different items, ranging from common items up to legendary ones! But also introduces item quality and gear collection system. Using gears from the same collection will reward remarkable bonuses. Not only that. You can also insert elemental gems into each gear, granting you some extra elemental prowess! It also supports a very unique gear upgrade system. It provides various upgrading materials for you to hunt, such as ores and gemstones (topaz, jade, crystal, and quartz). Not only significantly improves your strength, upgrading gears will also unlock awesome visual effects to make your character looks sharp! Read more detail about the socket and upgrade system here. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
[​IMG]

PETS

Collect pets to aid you in combat. Some pets unlock special buffs/debuffs or even special skills. Pets are incredibly rare!
But will definitely worth the effort and what more? They are adorable!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
MEDIA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Design by: Quilnez
Contents

EmberCraft v1.2a (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
I can see this being improved over time and its quality raised. As it has many innovative systems implemented, Approved.
  1. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I can see this being improved over time and its quality raised.
    As it has many innovative systems implemented,

Approved

2. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Since it's got bumped I will release this update earlier.

Update v0.2.271
    - Now controls are completely synchronized
    - Added sub class system
    - Added cooldown group for consumeable items
    - Now consumbeable item charge is decreased when used
    - Better item slot stacking behavior
    - Added item requirements
    - Improved tooltips height calculation
    - Hotfix on timer leaks that causesd the performance to drop very quickly
    - Fixed a little exploit to remove skill from shortcut bar even when on cooldown
    - Fixed disappearing models bug near screen top edge
    - Reworked skill and attribute point distribution
    - Balanced attribute point improvements
    - And other improvements

3. Amazing looking map. It has random generation? Sweet. But that diablo UI and the dialogs in the corners... amazing.

I love solo roguelikes so I'm giving this beast a try.

4. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Yes, it does. I use Zwei's dungeon generator system. And thanks for giving the map a try!

5. Idaero Ace

Idaero Ace

Resources:
    Resources:
    I got notification to leave feedback, so here it is. It crash after loading. I believe it's because I use my dying old laptop, or my buggy Warcraft in this old laptop, so don't mind it XD

6. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    What patch version are you using? Also try to set "Texture quality" to high.

Thanks for your time!

7. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Update v0.3.524:
    - Added new musics
    - Fixed shortcut bar visibility bug
    - Added transition between dungeons
    - Added dungeon verification
    - Fixed main control selection bug for archer class
    - Optimized text tag usage
    - Added ESC button functionality for closing UIs
    - Now tooltips are able to display skill info
    - Maximized tooltips management
    - Added small village
    - Now shortcut bar are able to add items
    - Added merchant distance checking
    - Now selling items requires a nearby merchant
    - Added feature to re-claim sold items

A big update! This one is such a big leap, we are now much closer to completion!

8. Sverkerman

Sverkerman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Quilnez
    Still can't try it out because the newest patch of WC3 isn't supported. This should be the main issue to work on, a lot of people are trying to test your map but they can't since you haven't made it playable with the latest version.

9. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Ah! I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. Yeah I should've been more concerned about this issue.
    I think I know what's probably causing it tho. I will upload a quick update when it's done.

Thanks for testing and reporting.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  10. Puzzlement1448

Puzzlement1448

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi, I am not sure if it's on my end or not but the Archer hero has no skills to choose from - all tabs for Adventurer, Hunter, and Ranger are simply empty from level 1 onward. Stat points work fine. There is no issues with the other hero. The same problem persists for all different versions of your map that I have downloaded so far. My WarCraft version is 1.27b.

Amazing map by far! Keep up the excellent work!

11. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Hey, thanks for the feedback! Yes, Archer class doesn't have any skill yet indeed. And Knight only have one working skill, which is so called Double Crash (even tho there are many in the list). I will be working on skills later on late alpha phase.

12. Sverkerman

Sverkerman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Quilnez Thank you for your concern. I'm sorry if I may have came off as rude in my attempt to convey how excited I am for your project :)

13. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Wara wara... Next update will be up on Sunday, 13th August 01:00+ PM GMT/UTC!!

It's going to be another big update that makes us only one step behind the alpha stage! WOoo! That was a very long trip and we are so close in completing the project!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  14. Sverkerman

Sverkerman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  15. Puzzlement1448

Puzzlement1448

Resources:
    Resources:
  16. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Thanks guys!

Btw,
    Updated to v0.4.357:
    - Added chat commands
    - Added dungeon scroll system + monster & player stats modifier
    - Now level difference is factored in critical & block rate calculation
    - Add X & Y hotkey for auto using potions
    - Fixed item cooldown exploit on pickup
    - Now items on same cooldown group will have uniformed cooldown (based on the used item)
    - Add shop sub category system
    - Now requires calibration before playing
    - Increased xp share range
    - Now with respawn system, finally...
    - Fixed mysterious white box bug
    - Block only works for classes with shield
    - Starting status is now based on attributes
    - Re-balanced attribute status bonuses
    - Now gem data is duplicated properly
    - Add gem socketting functionality
    - Now gems and scrolls have rarity rank
    - Improved damage calculation
    - Now item set can give more than one bonus per piece
    - Added extra-measures against desync
    - Now tooltips is able to display item comment
    - Now modifying attributes will verify worn equipments
    - Now equip/drop/detach-ing items will update tooltips properly
    - Now items and equpment set can have attack speed and move speed bonus
    - Now selecting main unit will select controller automatically
    - Fixed a possible source of desync when switching between character window tabs
    - Now tooltips & shortcut bar will be updated when an item is stacked
    - Fixed skill menu arrow tooltips bug
    - Tooltips is now able to display real values

Next update will be the alpha version. It won't be as much (in term of number) but will include a number hardest & roughest yet crucial systems, such as save/load system, and tons of new contents (items, skills, scrolls, monsters, dungeon stamp variations, etc.).

17. kirbyfish

kirbyfish

Resources:
    Resources:
  18. Imago_

Imago_

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Cant play the map, nothing happens after loading!

Why do you even make a map that supports only some versions of warcraft? That makes no sense to me... Everyone should be able to play any map...

19. Lockheart

Lockheart

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I see. A prototype that does not even work. The UI is crashed, after the map loading nothing ever happens despite how often I click the hero Icons or any other key on my keyborad. Has anybody here even tried to play the map? I really feel like beeing kidded. The terrain looks so empty like the quality of models should do the work but the use of them is so ... gnah. Wasted. There was not even 1 second of gameplay. If you don't believe it check the attachement or try it yourself.

Oh and an even bigger joke is this:
    5. Complete Release
    When uploaded, the map must be out of the developmental or alpha stage. You may still add onto a map after updates, but the upload should be a full release. ALPHA and early-BETA versions, "teasers/trailers", etc. can be posted in Map Development. Furthermore, do not upload maps and use it as a request thread. If you want a user to add something to your map for you (system, etc.), then please make a thread in WEHZ.

>> WHO gives a §$%& on "innovative systems implemented" when the game itself does not even work and is so far away from beeing completed? This map is definitly very far from beeing completed. I demand that you undo your failure. This map should be clearly unaproved and needs a lot of fixing! I would give 0 stars for how stupid I feel now for even downloading it and beeing blinded by the first impression. Seriously. That's not how you should trait possible players.

To the author: I can see you try to accomplish a very nice map and I bet it would be fun to play it - if it was completed or at least playable. You should take your time and re-do it from the scratch as nothing works right now and thus it just is a useless wannabe eye-candy map imho.

/drops this: [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  20. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    The combat mechanism in the map need to use what's so called "memory hack" and it happens to only support most used patch versions (1.26 and above). Guess it doesn't support newer patches yet. But I think it will... soon.

I will make contact with someone competent about it.

I barely put any effort to the terrain. I just randomly throws away those objects to the terrain editor. Even I wonder how it ended up looking like a village at all...

But I suggest you, good sir, not to bad mouth about the others' work.
    First, I'm a coder, not artist like Imago_. Secondly, the terrain may looks empty indeed, but everything's generated by code. To make it looks nicely filled, it requires a bit more efforts than manually assembling everything like you two usually do.
    Your combat mechanism (including threat system, etc.) in all of your maps are crap imo. But I never bad mouthed about it in your threads since I respect your own field of expertise. I suggest you to do so.

I have no comment about the approval tho. But this map is actually very close to completion, I only have a few things left in my to-do list.
    Anyway, there were indeed a few maps in the past getting approved with nice ratings even before they're completed. Probably mods also consider project size.

Everything should be fixed with 4-5 lines of codes and I don't need to rework on anything from scratch. lol

Thanks @Lockheart for bothering to upload a screenie. Never been sure it's a patch compatibility issue since no one actually told me what happened in the map. This makes everything easier for me.