• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

EmberCraft v1.2b

logo-small-png.317079

Hosted by
hivelogo-png.332846
Developed by
teamnoemblem-png.332848

(Dedicated forum & Credits)

shadebottomsmall-png.323204

About The Map
hr-line-2-png.323209

ss1-jpg.323200
EmberCraft is a total conversion isometric ARPG. It is heavily influenced by the infamous Torchlight 2 and Diablo 3 as inspiration for the dark atmosphere but takes place in an entirely new world with custom plot and storyline. It features enjoyable monster massacre with challenging and amazing boss fights. It revolves around a cluster of powerful random content generation systems (for item stats, dungeon, shop, etc), to always deliver new experience on each go, and to provide incredible amount of item variations (6,000+ and counting).

rightindent-png.323202
shadetop-png.323193

Storyline
hr-line-2-png.323209

The world was once a peaceful place. That's until unidentified beasts began to invade and wreak havoc everywhere. They seemingly appear out of nowhere, as if they came from other reality. After years of calamity with no resolution, a mysterious figure came to us and offered a solution. He claimed to be able to facilitate teleportation across multiple realms. We then called him The Mercenary, for a reason. He avouched that the very same phenomenon is also occurring in other worlds simultaneously and asked for cooperation to resolve the nodus. He then told us everything, about the Netherflame and The False Goddess, the root of this chaos...
rightindent-png.323202
ss3-png.323246
Verraje, the false goddess, is a self-proclaimed deity who desires chaos and total destruction. To achieve her ambition, she created the Netherflame, undying dark flame, to disrupt the balance in nature by uncontrollably producing vicious monsters all across the multiverse, creating endless conflicts, with the ultimate goal to wipe out all kind of life form and send everything back to nothingness. After years of struggle, we finally found a way to reach the celestial palace and we started numerous clashes with the goddess. But many strong heroes have fallen under her otherworldly might...
But it was not all in vain. We noticed that the beasts stopped appearing when we were clashing against the goddess. We then speculate that the Netherflame, the once thought eternal and infinite, can be extinguished by defeating the goddess...
brazier-gif.323249
rightindent-png.323202
ss4-jpg.323254
Being aware of the struggle, the goddess started to gave birth to some of the most frightening beasts in existence from her own flesh and blood. They guard every gateway to the sacred palace. Since then, no one has ever managed to reach the palace. Those guardian beasts are frighteningly powerful. But we, yet again, speculate that for her to achieve such feat, it must have weakened her in some way. This can be our chance to defeat her and put an end to this centuries-long calamity.

We have lost many times and many lives. But we can not afford to give up after all the sacrifice of our ancestors and many great heroes. We need the bravest warriors like you to continue our struggle and keep fighting in the front line. Our fate, our world's fate, now lies in your hands, warrior.
* the story is still under development.
[td]
rightindent-png.323202
[/td]

CHARACTER CLASSES

class-preview-knight-png.323227
WARRIOR •

A melee combatant. Wield a one-hander sword and a shield. They possess immense physical prowess and use brute force to defeat their enemies.
SUB-CLASSES

Close

Guardian

Royalty

Dark Knight

[td]
rightindent-png.323202
[/td]​
RANGER •

A ranged combatant, wield a bow to attack targets from long distance. They are a versed hunter and trickster.
SUB-CLASSES

Close

Huntress

Adventurer

Moon Strider

[td]
class-preview-archer-png.323225
[/td][td]
rightindent-png.323202
[/td]​
class-preview-gunner-png.323226
• ?

(COMING SOON)
SUB-CLASSES

Close

-

-

-

[td]
rightindent-png.323202
[/td]​
? •

(COMING SOON)
SUB-CLASSES

Close

-

-

-

[td]
class-preview-magus-png.323267
[/td][td]
rightindent-png.323202
[/td]​
class-preview-chandra-png.323266
• ?

(COMING SOON)
SUB-CLASSES

Close

-

-

-

[td]
rightindent-png.323202
[/td]​
shadetop-png.323193

MULTIPLAYER

Play co-op with your friends via LAN or Battle.Net. Declare battles with other players to determine the strongest! The map is balanced for playing in both single player and multi player mode. Keep in mind that save data from single player mode can't be loaded in multi player mode.
rightindent-png.323202

ss5-jpg.323271

ITEM & UPGRADE

The map not only harbors more than 6,000 different items, ranging from common items up to legendary ones! But also introduces item quality and gear collection system. Using gears from the same collection will reward remarkable bonuses. Not only that. You can also insert elemental gems into each gear, granting you some extra elemental prowess! It also supports a very unique gear upgrade system. It provides various upgrading materials for you to hunt, such as ores and gemstones (topaz, jade, crystal, and quartz). Not only significantly improves your strength, upgrading gears will also unlock awesome visual effects to make your character looks sharp! Read more detail about the socket and upgrade system here.
rightindent-png.323202

ss6-jpg.323378
shadetop-png.323193

PETS

Collect pets to aid you in combat. Some pets unlock special buffs/debuffs or even special skills. Pets are incredibly rare!
But will definitely worth the effort and what more? They are adorable!

pet-gif.323377

MEDIA

shadetop-png.323193

Thread Design by: Quilnez
Contents

EmberCraft v1.2b (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
I can see this being improved over time and its quality raised. As it has many innovative systems implemented, Approved.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
I feel like I didn't make a proper summary of the big update because I was in a kind of rush. So here it is:

Big update!
I have added some new crucial features to help your convenience in playing the map, including additional tooltips for comparing between item in your bag and the one (the gear) you are currently wearing.
ss1.jpg
... and also a button to minimize the minimap to save performance. Buttons to zoom in and out the minimap will be added too later!

Now it supports multiple dungeons! Two new dungeons were added: the Tranquil Forest and the Blazing Chamber!
ss2.jpg

ss3.jpg ss4.jpg

An improvement has been made to the base village as well to make it looks more lively! I haven't managed to add some villagers and interiors tho.
ss5.jpg
.. And now it has new set of less-boring-musics as well!

In short, there are bunch of new contents added in this update. Including new monsters, dungeons, skills, and many others. It came along with bunch of other important improvements, bug fixes, and balances! Find the detail of the update in the main post.

Thank you!

And thanks for commenting, @Daffa the Mage !

Level 1
The things you made with this map are simply amazing, I can't wait for the polished version! I really hope you won't get discouraged by the enormousness of this project. Keep up the great work with this masterpiece of wc3 RPG's!

Kazeon

Level 33
Embercraft is back in development! For the next update I will start to make the interiors for buildings. I will also focus to add plenty of item variations for the knight & archer class for up to level 25. I also expect to add skills for the knight's 3rd sub-class and for all archer sub-classes as well. Stay tuned!

Edit:
I just uploaded new screenshots. And the thread got bumped ._.

Attachments

• pub.jpg
    pub.jpg
    846.5 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Level 11
I downloaded it, when I tried to start it in patch 1.29 it didn't work, there were no player slots, when I try to choose another map then EmberCraft, it shows the other map's player slots, I tried running it on an older version, it started normally.
EDIT: after it started, I chose a knight, but I couldn't move, tried f1 and still nothing.

Kazeon

Level 33
Did you read the instruction? You must calibrate your number keys first (by typing "-c", then just follow further instructions). ;)
Thanks for the information!

EDIT:
Just to avoid confusion, @everyone: the map has not been updated yet. The thread just got bumped after I uploaded new screenshots. That was my bad.

Last edited:
Level 9
So when can we expect a Mage/Necromancer type of character? I want to have a huge army to follow me around and killing things.

Kazeon

Level 33
Making this takes some of my precious times. But just to display some activity and to show that the project still progresses rapidly, here is a video showcasing a new ability for the Dark Knight, named Spectral Vortex.

Next update is scheduled at 5th May, or maybe 6th. And it will be a massive update! So stay tuned!

Kazeon

Level 33
1.29 supported I presume?
Not currently, due to the use of memory hack. In the next update I will try to remove mouse tracking (memory hack) and use native wc3 control instead and see what people think about that. I'm also kinda tired of clueless people badmouthing and calling this map a hack, whereas only 0,1% part of this map requires hack. It's time to prove that this map was made possible by me, not memory hack. Sorry if I talk too much.

Last edited:

Kazeon

Level 33
New version is up!
This is one of the biggest update so far. Includes tons of improvements, new contents, bug fixes, etc etc. Find the full list in the main post.

One thing I want to underline is that now the map doesn't use memory hack by default. But I will also provide another version of the map so called "Combat Enhanced (CE)" version which still retains the mouse tracker system. This means that the default version of the map is now compatible with patch 1.29 and all other patches.

Anyway, it was a very long run. Enjoy!

Level 2
Minimap images are marked with 0.9560.

1.285 ver, it still does not save.

.:)

I will always support you.

Level 2
Which minimap? I dont remember marking minimap with versions :/

Thanks!

Does it print "Saved." when you type -save?

When saving - saved is displayed.

However, "load" still does not work.

It still comes out as an empty slot.

Kazeon

Level 33
That's strange. If it's printed then the whole saving operation runs successfully. Would you be so kind to test the save/load system using this version: EmberCraft v0.8.225 - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com It was expected to work on 1.28 but didn't work for earlier patches. Maybe I messed something after that update.

Level 1
I cant seem to get it to calibrate it correctly
whenever i type -c and hold ctrl i cant verify with number keys and move around.

Level 9
So I was playing some other ARPGs other day (Grim Dawn, Diablo 3, Torchlight 2..) and I realized that you need some other unique item bonuses, other than the normal bonuses you would actually see from generic ARPGs. I know this map is taken ideas from Torchlight 1 and 2, but maybe some cool/unique gimmicks could be added to legendary tier items?

For example: chance to launch a bonus projectile from your skillshot that deals bonus damage, chance to activiate some skills on attacking/recieving damage, having skills that changes mechanics or so on....

Kazeon

Level 33
So I was playing some other ARPGs other day (Grim Dawn, Diablo 3, Torchlight 2..) and I realized that you need some other unique item bonuses, other than the normal bonuses you would actually see from generic ARPGs. I know this map is taken ideas from Torchlight 1 and 2, but maybe some cool/unique gimmicks could be added to legendary tier items?

For example: chance to launch a bonus projectile from your skillshot that deals bonus damage, chance to activiate some skills on attacking/recieving damage, having skills that changes mechanics or so on....
Good idea, but still it's still not that new as Torchlight 2 already got some of those (like summoning meteor, etc etc). I will implement that sometime later. Thanks!

Kazeon

Level 33
Does it work for patch 1.24e?
I haven't tested it but I suppose it should work for 1.24 too. I have just confirmed that it works for patch 1.24, both the main version and CE version.

I cant seem to get it to calibrate it correctly
whenever i type -c and hold ctrl i cant verify with number keys and move around.
having the same issue
Make sure when verifying you have already released the CTRL key, then press any number key (not num pads).

Last edited:
Level 1
I haven't tested it but I suppose it should work for 1.24 too. I have just confirmed that it works for patch 1.24, both the main version and CE version.

Make sure when verifying you have already released the CTRL key, then press any number key (not num pads).

Having the same issue. Of course I've tried using both CTRL keys, all numbers on the numpad, etc. WC3 is detecting my number key presses as I can obviously type in chat and use num keys on other maps.

Level 3

Same problem here. Playing in 1.29.2 btw. I tried releasing before and after, doesn't work on my laptop and pc.

Edit: I held the shift key instead...and it worked...

Kazeon

Level 33
Having the same issue. Of course I've tried using both CTRL keys, all numbers on the numpad, etc. WC3 is detecting my number key presses as I can obviously type in chat and use num keys on other maps.
Not numpads but the other ones. Also try to hold SHIFT instead of CTRL when calibrating.

I don't know what's happening here. I believe @LyunAvine posted long before @bilburn but the date tag says differently, same case as yesterday. And I got the notification just now. This is really confusing.

upload_2018-5-6_15-20-22.png

Level 3
Not numpads but the other ones. Also try to hold SHIFT instead of CTRL when calibrating.

I don't know what's happening here. I believe @LyunAvine posted long before @bilburn but the date tag says differently, same case as yesterday. And I got the notification just now. This is really confusing.

Tested it another 3 times, for me, it was holding shift then pressing number keys. Did not work at all if I held Ctrl and number keys.

Level 2
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Press the shift key to resolve. Thank you.

Last edited:

Kazeon

Level 33
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Press the shift key to resolve. Thank you.
Check out comments above, for patch 1.29 you have to hold SHIFT button when calibrating, not CTRL. Didn't see the edit. So it's confirmed then, SHIFT for 1.29. Thank you guys!

Level 1
Please help I have a problem in the calibration. I write "-c" and in Send and after finishing the calibration I press the numbers from 0 to 9 and nothing happens :( I do it again and still nothing

Kazeon

Level 33
Please help I have a problem in the calibration. I write "-c" and in Send and after finishing the calibration I press the numbers from 0 to 9 and nothing happens :( I do it again and still nothing
Check out comments above, for patch 1.29 you have to hold SHIFT button when calibrating, not CTRL.

Kazeon

Level 33
Hello. I'm back developing this map again.

In this time around, I will try to emphasize the map's visual quality even further. To be specific I will be improving the environmental effects and details for all dungeons.

I've just finished the basic version of chain/rope generation system. The system will allow me to put in some fancy chains, ropes, vines, etc hanging here and there, either in dungeon or the village.
The system is not version specific so it should be working for all patch versions.

Here is a very short demo of the system:

I added some environmental effects to the crypt dungeon. Here are some previews:
ss.png

ss2.png

ss3.png

I know it doesn't have yet hanging chains, skeletons, destroyed pillars, rubbles, etc. But hey, it's still a progress.

Not only that. I'm planning to finish the Archer class (with all of 3 sub-classes included) right in the next update.
One of the main obstacle for me to create skills for those classes was the convoluted skill registration system and object editor management. That's the whole reason why it took so darn long for me to add new sub-classes.

So last week I decided to make BIG reconstruction for the skill library & management system. Now the skill registrations are fully streamlined and I no longer need to deal with abilities in the Object Editor, which will be a HUGE time saver. So I expect this change to significantly speed up the map development.

That's all for now. Thank you.

Kazeon

Level 33
Looking at it now from Youtube makes me understand how incredible the visual side is. A shame my computer can't run it well...
Thanks!

It's most probably because I put too much details (stone cobbles for instance). You can hide those details by entering this command: "-particle". And some regular models seem to have too much tris, causing fps drops in the dungeon. I will try to fix those issues next time.

EDIT:
Maaann.. I was planning to bump the map when it's more finished :( But well, sorry for the bump. There was no update to the map, only an update to the thread. Cheers..

Last edited:
Level 1
The dmg numbers are huge.
I suggest you try to keep the map visually as clean as possible, and that includes graphics, lighting, colors etc.

To my understanding. Visuals better be simple and clean yet fancy and messy.

Last edited:

Kazeon

Level 33
Progress report commencing! Just to show some sign of life c;

First, I want to introduce two new members of the development team!
1. @Its Ryan Boi (Sound Production)
His versatile skill in making both full-fledged theme music and special sound effects will boost the map quality significantly!

2. @PrinceYaser (2D Artist)
Just look at some of his works, just pure marvelous! His art style fits EmberCraft's theme perfectly!
146838-4be63ae4daaa7ad28d2549e135a4d5eb_tn2.jpg
146452-c8c62380b60879028c2df9c0551ca6b0_tn2.jpg
146748-b0f899f93321ddf88ff0a775e71b071e_tn2.jpg
146898-8f2d9330c19fe5497b9b736c0b39d40a_tn2.jpg
146094-4fe4ab7d010b7a79f0107835e9d30164_tn2.jpg
145470-8360c55e4ca751004d7fb85c79a80106_tn2.jpg
141568-91f01bece453922cc17680e5c57d17bc_tn2.jpg
142883-c93b938e3d3445a6015f0510dfcef66e_tn2.jpg

----------------------------

Next one is about the project itself.

I'm currently reconstructing the map concept from pure repetitive grinding to story driven ARPG. The main village has been populated with NPCs, most NPCs are unique character with their own background and certain role in the story.

I'm also finishing up the Archer class, the skills are about 60% done, keep in mind that each class has 24 custom skills. Still not including adding class-specific equipment (10 categories for each level). That's why it takes quite a while to add a new class.

There are surely a lot of other critical improvements. But I won't mention everything here.

That's all for now. Cheers and stay tuned!