• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim ! {lulz?^^}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
WTF? are you serious? ULTRA? :OOOOOOOOOOOO
guess ill do a little search for possible things that reduce my laptop's performance...

i searched that really fast and it's a program that gathers information on some of the main devices of your system right?
what exactly do i need that for? o_O

Yeah Ultra, and it's at 55-60 FPS, usually, except 5 seconds after loading, when it drops to 30, I guess due to rendering and realising objects.

CPU-Z will show me what your computer has, what's its CPU temperature, RAM buffers, HDD RPM etc.

Level 20
Yeah Ultra, and it's at 55-60 FPS, usually, except 5 seconds after loading, when it drops to 30, I guess due to rendering and realising objects.
im not sure if this counts but i can play League of Legends with Very High Settings smoothly...im pretty sure that the lag i have sometimes is caused from my bad connection (around 250ms)

CPU-Z will show me what your computer has, what's its CPU temperature, RAM buffers, HDD RPM etc.
i downloaded it and here is a picture that shows some stuff, not pretty sure what those things are though...

Attachments

• pc1.jpg
    pc1.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 85
Level 10
im not sure if this counts but i can play League of Legends with Very High Settings smoothly...im pretty sure that the lag i have sometimes is caused from my bad connection (around 250ms)

i downloaded it and here is a picture that shows some stuff, not pretty sure what those things are though...

I'm dumbstricken then. You should be able to have it at least High.

Level 20
Hm, I'm using an ATI Radeon HD 6450 and I've been able to run it on Very High/Ultra without AA at 50+ fps in most areas.

then wtf is wrong with my laptop? O.O
the part that makes me mad the most, is that it hasn't even been a year since i have bought my laptop-.-

I'm dumbstricken then. You should be able to have it at least High.
well i can play the game with High/Ultra settings, it just doesn't run smoothly-__-

Level 35

is there ANYTHING i can do to make Skyrim run smoother? (except from buying a new laptop)

Try skyboost (look on nexus for it) - Also is your game fully up to date? It might be an issue with the 4G patch (Though I see you don't have that much more than 2G - I would consider some more memory if I was you - Also what type is it? DDR1 2 or 3?).

Level 20
Try skyboost (look on nexus for it) - Also is your game fully up to date? It might be an issue with the 4G patch (Though I see you don't have that much more than 2G - I would consider some more memory if I was you - Also what type is it? DDR1 2 or 3?).

i have no idea lol
and my system says that my RAM is 3,00GB but 2,75GB usable
anyway i guess it's my HUGE luck to not play Skyrim and stick to Oblivion-.-

Level 17
You might have a bunch of other programs running at the same time?--Delete all unused processes, then try?
Is your laptop charged. Etc

as you might be self limiting with different power saving options.

Level 34
now sure if that's what you asked for but here it is:

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series

if i looked at the wrong thing can you please explain me how to view my graphic card's details on windows 7? :p
I'm pretty sure that's your problem right there. You're using a laptop similar to mine, and I can't run any modern games. League of Legends is the only game I ever use, and it's on the lowest settings in window mode.

Level 49
(including the large save file bug).

Woah, what? Really? Do you have a source for that?
I didn't see anything about that in the changelog. :O

That's quite weird.
Is it maybe due to your computer? If it were a memory leak, it'd be obvious...

Is it maybe due to a certain combination of mods you're using?

I didn't use any mods when I started encountering those problems. Now I use SkyUI, SkyBoost and Bellyache's Animal and Creature Pack.

Level 3
i have no idea lol
and my system says that my RAM is 3,00GB but 2,75GB usable
anyway i guess it's my HUGE luck to not play Skyrim and stick to Oblivion-.-

Switch to 64bit if you want to use all your RAM, Personally i wouldn't unless i go over 3.5GB
To the ATI Guy, check your drivers if their up to date & The temperature when running, Also disable AA since it's what causes lag the most, if it still lags use fraps to check what fps you have, if it's less then 20 then somethings wierd.

Edit : I checked your processor and a single core 2.4GHz will not run skyrim, you will need a dual-core or a single core clocked over 3.5GHz to run it in acceptable performance.

Level 35

Hehe, found that yesterday - But I don't use it.. since I already have a mod to improve their quality, so taking one that reduces it would make little sense. But for low end computers I bet it will be useful.

Any who have found a way to improve Windhelms appearence? The snow on the walls doesn't look good.

Level 35
Definitely. The patch I liked the least was the one that made some dragons fly backwards, heh. Patch 1.2, I think (that's when it started for me, at least).

Yea, I didn't get the dragons, but it broke my inventory, my fast travel, my quest menu and made my char only able to walk... for some odd reason I have never understood. :eekani:

So basically when that patch came out I stopped playing Skyrim until they came out with the official 4g patch and bug fix. Now I finally don't any troubles, just like it was before all the patches with the unofficial 4g patch applied. :grin:

Level 5
Well I'm level 64 and I still encounter your average Falmer, Skeleton, Draugr and Frostbite Spider.
I think the game stops caring about mob scaling after you get to level 35 or something.

~Derpy post, caused by my derpy phone. Whatever.

Last edited:
Level 12
It's because some areas fix to the level which you first time you entered in? Other mobs will just continue to scale with levels (the mobs in dungeons which you didn't visit yet, thieves on the road, dragons in the wilderness)

Level 17
i took an arrow to the knee

░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
░░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▄
░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█
░░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░█
░▄▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░█
...█░▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒█
█░▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▄▒█
░█░▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░░█
░░█░░░░██░░▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄████░█
░░░█░░░░▀▀▄░█░░░█░█▀██████░█
░░░░▀▄░░░░░▀▀▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄█▄▀░░█
░░░░░░▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░█
░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

• Angry
Reactions: Rui
Level 49
Well I'm level 64 and I still encounter your average Falmer, Skeleton, Draugr and Frostbite Spider.
I think the game stops caring about mob scaling after you get to level 35 or something.

~Derpy post, caused by my derpy phone. Whatever.

The enemies don't "stop" showing up. They have drops and such that you might need in the future. And besides, it's just fun to squash low-level enemies. Either way, as you level up, you have the chance to encounter the more powerful enemies. By level ~50, almost every Draugr in draugr dungeons was a Deathlord, for me.

Level 5
Yes, Deo, Deathlords are all over the place. But I kill those guys in a single power attack with dual wieldin', so it's basically one-hit enemies all over the place.
Drops, you say? Well I don't think I've actually looted anything of use since level 40. I have like 300 lockpicks in my inventory, and I barely use potions. That's what every generic mob drops, innit? Oh and ~20 gold. :D

My point was that low level mobs still appear even after killing ancient dragons, for example. Which is kind of silly, because they're simply room fillers. More like decorations, rather than actual enemies, aren't they?

Level 49
Dratz, I mean stuff like Bone Meals and alchemical ingredients and whatnot. Either way, I switched from a sneak-thief to train my heavy armor and magic and such, so Deathlords were very difficult for me. Also, if you're on something lower than Expert, then raise the difficulty ASAP. And finally, level 50 is pretty much endgame. You probably shouldn't be playing this so much. Just finish whatever main questlines you haven't already and make a new character, or switch to a different game... :p

Of course, if you have some goals, like 'do all the daedric prince quests' or 'do the stones of barenziah quest', do that as well. ^^

Level 17
They should just use a level dmg hp modifier scaling system. So as you level up more creeps get harder. Then probs give the option to turn this off or on.
Considering some people find this annoying and some prefer it

Level 15
Yea, I didn't get the dragons, but it broke my inventory, my fast travel, my quest menu and made my char only able to walk... for some odd reason I have never understood. :eekani:

So basically when that patch came out I stopped playing Skyrim until they came out with the official 4g patch and bug fix. Now I finally don't any troubles, just like it was before all the patches with the unofficial 4g patch applied. :grin:

Wars in Skyrim IV - this will make some more entertaining encounters as well as balances all of them, plus has some nice refined textures in it too

Level 35
Wars in Skyrim IV - this will make some more entertaining encounters as well as balances all of them, plus has some nice refined textures in it too

I am pretty sure you didn't mean to quote my post in the connection, bet this link was meant for Brambleclaw.

My posts doesn't mention an issue with mops, it was about an earlier patch. :wink:

Be aware that Wars in Skyrim has issues similar to anther mod I would recommend for more challenges, which adds more dragons and boosts them. Problem is, that that mod also has bugs.

Level 12
Actually I would prefer some another mod which adds some cool missing mobs to skyrim from oblivion. Like minotaurs, land dreughs, ogres, goblins, scamps, clannfear, daedroth, spider daedra, xivilai, lich, aurorans, knights of order, wraiths, and generic zombies of oblivion.

Also, do you know any super-fast way to level up the alchemy? I'm trying to max my alchemy by staying in the city and buying ingredients everyday. 9 game-months have passed since my character started the game and 5 of them have passed while grinding my alchemy. It's so boring buying some ingredients and other stuff and brewing them in like 5 seconds and selling them and sleeping the next 2 days until the shop resources respawn. It even makes me sleepy like hell, I didn't play the game for last two days because of that.

Level 4
I started actively playing yesterday, by now I'm level 11 Dark Brotherhood Nord Assassin. Pretty awesome, though it pisses me off that I'm getting assraped by any stronger enemy when I'm too close. Well, that's what you get for trying to play Assassin's Creed in Skyrim.

You just need some gold and everyday you go from warmaiden (both shop and the chick outside) to white-mane in Whiterun, buy all their iron ingot and make iron daggers... Gets you to 100 before you even have enough dragonscales/bones for an entire set.

But what is the best way to lvl up enchanting?

enchant all of those iron daggers you just made

Level 34
Enchanting and Smithing are two of the easiest to level, or at least that's what I've found. Alchemy is retartedly slow. I've made 1000s of potions and I'm at 60. Speech is also hard, but I haven't really tried to get it up.

Oh, blocking is suuuuper easy to get up if you are "end-game". I have awesome armor and health and I had almost no block (was duel wield), so I grabbed a shield and started using it to gain more levels. Fighting a Forsworn Briar Heart I went from ~40 to ~68 block in 5 minutes. Got at least a level and a half (I'm ~48).

Giant's Toe + Wheat.
Should increase your Alchemy FAST; along with Speech, if you'll sell it. It costs around 900+ when I started doing it, which was around level 60+.
Of course, to help you reach the optimum quality of this potion, you must have 100 Enchanting to create a necklace, a ring, a helmet, and gauntlets that increase the strength of the potions you make.
Also make sure that you sleep in your own house before doing this, to get Well Rested or Lover's Comfort, to help it level even faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.