1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim ! {lulz?^^}

Discussion in 'Gamer's Hub' started by Geazergimli2, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    At first I wanted to agree with you...
    But then I realized you mentioned Shivering Isles too.
    How could you not be satisfied with THAT? There's more than enough monsters to slay, without the need for mods. :|

The Plains of Oblivion had enough monsters for such small zones. The various traps and plants inside added a lot to it, too. You don't necessarily need lots of monsters to make a good impression. Minecraft only has like... 5 monsters, and yet it's one of the most popular games available.
    And how, exactly, is Skyrim a 'worse Oblivion'? If you are talking about the varieties of monsters, then I am inclined to agree, somewhat. Skyrim does lack in that department. But otherwise, I don't see your point. Elder Scrolls games are not about the combat, they're about the story-telling. That's why they're RPGs, and not hack-and-slash games.

That's physically impossible. :|
    Skyrim has an ENTIRELY NEW engine, asides from being overall much more technologically advanced. Hell, they couldn't put SNOW in Oblivion without the new engine, not to mention all the cool finisher moves, the new particles and effects, the blood effects, etc.

You... Only saw the trailer?
    Or you only saw creatures from the trailer?
    Or... What?

And I liked playing Oblivion too. I also enjoy Skyrim, though, because it's a newer, better game. :|

Okay, first of all; The whole "prisoner" thing is a "running joke" or "thing" in the Elder Scrolls series. At the very least, all games since Morrowind, as well as in "Arena", you start as a prisoner. I don't know about Daggerfall or Battlespire, though. It's probably the same thing.

And secondly - There's a huge difference between said "assassinations" of "highest leaders". First of all... Empreror Uriel Septim is the god damn EMPEROR. He's the ultimate leader. And his assassination is an actual assassination... But most importantly, his assassination is a major plot point. It's basically one of the most important events in the game. The death of High King Torygg, on the other hand... Let's see. He's NOT the 'ultimate' leader, he's only the leader of Skyrim and the Nords. His 'assassination' is NOT an assassination - It was a duel or a challenge between Ulfirc and the High King, and Ulfric won. If anything, it would be a murder, but not an assassination. And finally, it's NOT a major plot point. The important thing is that the god-damn dragons are back, and it has nothing to do with High King Torygg(as far as I know).

...Then why bother bringing it up in the first place?

What does that have to do with Skyrim?

The graphics of Skyrim are a LOT better, and more advanced, than the graphics of Oblivion. Oblivion is a relatively old game, Skyrim is brand new. Oblivion is using an old engine, Skyrim has a brand new engine. You can't POSSIBLY compare the graphics from Oblivion to the graphics of Skyrim. :|

Oblivion was released years ago. It's an ancient game. The modding community had PLENTY of time to create lots of awesome mods, lots of cool projects, etc. It's basically the same thing as the WC3 modding community compared to the SC2 modding community.
    Just give it time. Wait for the DLC to be released. Wait for some new tools to be created(or released). Eventually, I assure you Skyrim will be just as mod-filled as Oblivion, as far as quantities are concerned.

Either way, Skyrim is good enough without any mods. You did not finish the whole game yet, did you? Just speak up if you did, and you still believe Skyrim is as bad as you claim it is. :|

2. HFR

HFR

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Calling Oblivion an ancient game is a bit of an exaggeration, isn't?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  3. Dynamiczx

Dynamiczx

Resources:
    Resources:
    Actually, no one called Oblivion ancient...Riot was referring to daggerfall and arena

4. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I called Oblivion ancient.
    Sorry for that, but yeah... It's old. :p

5. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not really... I played it up until Skyrim was released.

Games before 2000 are ancient imo.

6. HFR

HFR

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I myself consider anything older than 30 years ancient when talking about games.

Pong, I'm looking at you.

7. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Lol, Pong is legendary, and is exempted from my 2000 or later rule.

8. Dynamiczx

Dynamiczx

Resources:
    Resources:
    I thought u were calling it older than skyrim, not ancient.It is a difference

question, later doesn't mean from 2000 and up(2001, 2002, 2003)

9. xorkatoss

xorkatoss

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    hey guys... I've seen a gameplay footage on youtube for this game and it is pretty cool!!
    but im not sure if this is a free game...so is it?
    if yes can somebody post here the download link please?

thnx for wasting your time to read this :)

10. HFR

HFR

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nope, it's not free, you have to pay for it (kinda expensive, if I must say).

Of course, there are, *ahem* alternative means, but we don't want to get trouble, do we?

11. indomitable1319

indomitable1319

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you guys want to contribute something to the Skyrim section of the Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages or simply just added information on the other games, go ahead. :D

I remember using this guide when I was playing Oblivion. I was looking for quests that I didn't finish yet; because I had reached the peak of my strength.

12. 88WaRCraFT3

88WaRCraFT3

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I absolutly agree about mods, and btw, on "skyrimnexus" they reached over 1000 mods :) but they mostly retextures, maybe some hud upgrade.

13. lateris

lateris

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, i finished the game as a light-armored two-sword-wielding khajiit. Also, i never found anyone mention the elemental fury shout, which i used really often. Its a pretty epic shout which gives a huge attack speed boost. Also, many times when i had to cover a large distance and couldn't fast travel i used the whirlwind shout.

And about the dark brotherhood quest - did you know that you can attack the woman that offers you to join her? Then you start the "destroy the dark brootherhood" quest. After you complete it guards then sometimes say "You know, i could have been the one who went into the dark sanctuary and destroyed the dark brootherhood, but i was erh... Sick that day" or something like that. Skyrim looked epic when i started playing it, but after you kill a few dragons it starts losing its charm a bit by bit, no matter how many sidequests there would be(excluding the daedric lord quests which were really good). After that, i kept playing to finish the main quest. It was interesting, though the last boss fight was disappointing. Graphics were tolerable most of the time. But the amount of glitches and bugs was certainly impressive. I had to do the weirdest things to unbug stuff or get through it somehow. That included everything from simply hitting a bugged NPC to using a command which would let me walk through walls or using some other bug that would counter the original one. It was sort of an additional challenge :D.

Overall the game was quite fun, though not as good as what i expected.

14. 88WaRCraFT3

88WaRCraFT3

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    yeah, i'd like more dynamic dragons :)

15. Talavaj

Talavaj

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    finally after hours of suffering I got all the daedric hearts/ebony gear/dynamo/black gems to make two sets of daedric gear (and daedric greatsword/bow)
    they are only superior quality as my smithing sucks (20) and I couldn't be bothered to raise it

[​IMG]

mine is a combo of -destr (-100% total) - conj (-26%) magic regen/magicka archery and minor one handed/resistance on shoes
    hers is majorly -conj mp, some mp regen and mix of + archery/two handed
    now I can start seriously playing the game, lol

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  16. Pyritie

Pyritie

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    that armor looks like an emo tween designed it to make it look as dark and edgy as possible

ebony isn't much better

dragonbone looks terrible

why do all of the high level armor sets have to look like crap? :C

17. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The armor looks sexy, especially with boobs. :D

18. Dynamiczx

Dynamiczx

Resources:
    Resources:
    Actually it looks awesome in my opinion...very darky...radiating evilness all over

If you say it looks awful, how do you think it should have look like?

19. L2love

L2love

Resources:
    Resources:
    Once you get the ebony armor from the Daedric quest and whenever you crouch or go into combat shadows envelop you and you're whole body turns black it's badass.

20. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Leather, Fur, Glass, Iron and Steel look the best. Everything else looks retarded and overdone.