• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim ! {lulz?^^}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Yes, something like that.

Talking about ew, latest patch seems to have messed up the shadows/lighting to me. Shadows are kinda flickering when the camera moves... anybody knows how to fix this? Or will I have to wait for lousy Bethesda programmers to fix this in one of the patches?

Yes, something like that.

Talking about ew, latest patch seems to have messed up the shadows/lighting to me. Shadows are kinda flickering when the camera moves... anybody knows how to fix this? Or will I have to wait for lousy Bethesda programmers to fix this in one of the patches?

..That's strange. My friend got about 10x improved shadows/FPS when the shadow patch came.
( I also got improved shadows/shadow performance for 360 )

Check your ATI/NVIDIA control panel to see if anything is wrong there.

Level 27
Hmmm, yes, I should really try updating the drivers or something.

Well, yes, you can update pirated versions but, but, ugh... they still kinda suck in technical way. All my friends who got pirated ones have their Skyrim crash more often or the loading time for quicktravel/loadgame are extremely long.

Level 48
Well, yes, you can update pirated versions but, but, ugh... they still kinda suck in technical way. All my friends who got pirated ones have their Skyrim crash more often or the loading time for quicktravel/loadgame are extremely long.

Mine was crashing often, but an update from Bethesda(which claimed to have fixed crashing issues that users were experiencing) fixed it. Ever since then, no crashes at all. And no huge loading times either. Playing on High graphics with Low shadows and no anti-aliasing\antiseptic filtering, and the lower resolution versions of the "Skyrim HD - 2K Textures" mod.
They're exactly the same, if not better. The guys who crack games often fix stuff that the developers forgot or were too lazy\low on time to fix, according to GhostWolf(or some other guy from the Hive, I don't remember).

Level 12
Curse bioware for their endings and curse bethesda for their lousiness :p

I'll just wait for the GOTY edition. :goblin_yeah: Which will -hopefully- fix all the bugs and issues, which will also bring the fine expansion packs / official DLC's. Until then, I should just stick with the first version ;)

Level 27
Yeesh.

Ugh, well, feel free to check my Steam profile's album at any time. And yes, got a few hilarious screenies and even more hilarious incidents. Like, once, I got Fus Ro Dahed by a draugr onto one of those pressure plates that triggered the trap, and what do you think, I got hit by one!

Level 12
Guess what? That stupid woman in Riften who has an armor stand on the street and who gives a light armor training, can sell an enchanted dragonscale boots in her merchandise inventory. And yep, I didn't sell her anything like that. Big bad bugs >.<

Level 27
That's not a bug. Dragonscale/Dragonbone armor parts can be found or bought, too. I once encountered a Dragonbone helm at bandit camp. As I checked the loot tables in editor, I discovered that it's not a bug, but there is actually a pretty small chance of these appearing for sale/beeing found.

Level 12
That's so irrational. That means that someone other than player can actually kill dragons and use their bones to craft some awesome armory (in the means of roleplaying, of course)

I hope that I can find some fan made mod to prevent that.

Level 12
Nah, I do collect every single piece of dragon bones and scales. Also, I disagree, if bandits were that smart/skillful, they would most probably compliantly work as a blacksmith somewhere. Wouldn't operate as a stupid bandit.

Level 35
Nah, I do collect every single piece of dragon bones and scales. Also, I disagree, if bandits were that smart/skillful, they would most probably compliantly work as a blacksmith somewhere. Wouldn't operate as a stupid bandit.

Well while I agree that chances of them being able to smith stuff with dragon bone is very low, I can see two arguments for allowing it in there.

1: A skilled smith might still become an outlaw, if he for instance fancy rapes, easy money, leading a gang, made a crime in anger, fled from the army so on.

2: Who said they made the armor you can buy? Considering that dragons existed in the world before, dragon skeletons existed and there is plenty of dungeons from ancient times around, how unlikely is it truly that they found the dragon armor stuff somewhere? Ancient stuff that is.

Level 12
Well while I agree that chances of them being able to smith stuff with dragon bone is very low, I can see two arguments for allowing it in there.

1: A skilled smith might still become an outlaw, if he for instance fancy rapes, easy money, leading a gang, made a crime in anger, fled from the army so on.

2: Who said they made the armor you can buy? Considering that dragons existed in the world before, dragon skeletons existed and there is plenty of dungeons from ancient times around, how unlikely is it truly that they found the dragon armor stuff somewhere? Ancient stuff that is.

1: Well, I think that bethesda developers must have given some proper degree of fame/infamy for that bandit smith, then. As we know that probably best known blacksmith in all of skyrim is, that greymane guy on whiterun. (aside from player) Who also gives master training. There's some outlaw smith who ran away from society and skillful enough to craft some dragonbone armory, and we don't hear anything about it. Rational, really.

2: Hmm, then I think that must have been something more Ancient Nord Armor-like. I mean, something deformed, old, rusty and different from what player crafts as dragonbone armory. It's tend to get old and deformed in that condition.

I do wonder, though - What would happen if a dragon were to be temporarily slain(with his soul still intact), and then instantly skinned and his bones torn to pieces, and then scattered all over the place or crafted into armor... Would the dragon still eventually come back to life? If so, how?

Maybe dragon soul gets stuck in the armor? That would be awesome, that reminded me of some legendary Oblivion questline which can be found at tesnexus :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 27
Erm, not sure abour dragon armor getting deformed if it's so good.

Oh, and I bet that if the dragon gets.. salvaged into pieces and there is none left in the burial spot, I bet he wouldn't be reanimateable - Alduin tends to visit only those burial ground locations, and he would fail to find anything there, obviously he wouldn't search for the scattered pieces - those would be to small for sucha large creature to search for.

Level 27
Maybe dragon soul gets stuck in the armor? That would be awesome, that reminded me of some legendary Oblivion questline which can be found at tesnexus :ogre_hurrhurr:

lol then the dragon would be like "I still live mortal!" but then you would say "Aw that sucks dude i just made a new purse out of dragonscales for lydia... and some underpants for myself and well... sucks to be you =p"

Level 12
Lol, actually the dragon which is skinned to be Lydia's underpants gotta be even luckier than his normal self :p

God, my previous post is a mess. I guess I was too tired when I wrote that, lol

I have another question about updating my Skyrim.
First off, I saw that Update 1.1.2 was the Stealth Update; which requires the game to be on Steam.
There's a problem, my copy doesn't run on Steam.
If I update mine, it could prevent me from playing it because I am not on Steam; therefore ending my Skyrim days.

Is there any way to bypass this? Or should I just go straight to Patch 1.5 already?

Level 12
Well, actually what I recommend is; don't update anything at all, because you guys have said that some of the bugs which in the new versions were even more annoying than the bugs in older versions. Instead, enjoy your current version, and buy Game Of The Year Edition a few years later (ofcourse if you wish to buy)

That's what I will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.