• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim ! {lulz?^^}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
talavaj used to be an adventurer like you, then he took an arrow in the knee..

btw, do anyone know what epic armor this is?
The-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim.jpg

Level 34
My main is duel wield.

One of my favorite things about duel wield is stealing souls. I enchanted my off-hand with Steal Soul if the enemy dies within 1 sec. This way I have around 180 hits before the enchantment wears off and all I have to do is get the last hit with my off-hand. Makes it so much easier.

Also duel wield has the most attacks. I like being able to attack with different animations. Oh and I got the animation fix for turning with duel wield; I no longer look like an idiot.

I do wish you could block with duel wield somehow, like mouse 3 or something.

skyrim is so awesome, but as soon as i get into combat i lag so much, my pc can't handle it :(
plus you lose magicka reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally fast and i hate that!!
so i simply went back to oblivion :D

when you're using the novice magic things, don't just hold down the fire button, that just wastes magic. Use it in short bursts

Level 15
I'm soooooo happy, my video card is repaired so I can start playing! :D

Dual wield useless...? o_O I haven't heard such a thing in a long time... Well, for most classes, dw is really useless, however its power attack actually does trigger sneak attack every time it hits (you need some sneak skill for that though). I can't remember well right now how many times it attacks, but lets say 3x. Now 3x30x1.7(armor) is around 150x base weapon damage, which in the case of a legendary daedric dagger means around 7000 damage... Where did you find that useless?

Level 34
then shield usage in combat would be completely useless, just like how 2 hand weapons are being useless right now :p and that would make me sad though.
Perhaps, but that's what I figure the blocking mechanics of this game are for. Blocking with duel wield you'd still take moderate damage, blocking with 2H you take some damage, blocking with shield you take very little.

As it stands, is there a difference in blocking between 1h and 2h? There should be.

kanadaj, no one said duel wield was useless.

Level 49
Dual Wielding isn't useless, Two Handed Weapons are. E.g, big weapons. The thing is; Two Handed has the exact same perks as One Handed, minus the Dual Wielding perks, and plus one more level 100 perk(or something). With dual wielding, you can get more damage output than you get with two-handed, or, you could wield a one-handed weapon and a shield to deal a bit less damage than two-handed, but have much more defense.

Perhaps, but that's what I figure the blocking mechanics of this game are for. Blocking with duel wield you'd still take moderate damage, blocking with 2H you take some damage, blocking with shield you take very little.

As it stands, is there a difference in blocking between 1h and 2h? There should be.

kanadaj, no one said duel wield was useless.

can't block arrows with 2h

Level 22
Level 15
yes there is pack. http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=47 :) but why don't you play just on high settings and 800x600 resolution ? it won't be so ugly. Also low down items fade, actor fade, spectruality fade and light fade, not to minimal, but the smaller, the better for performance.

don't ever think about lowering actor fade, it'll just make you blind, as it also affects enemy visibility distance as far as I tried... The other fades are ok.

Level 12
Dual Wielding isn't useless, Two Handed Weapons are. E.g, big weapons. The thing is; Two Handed has the exact same perks as One Handed, minus the Dual Wielding perks, and plus one more level 100 perk(or something). With dual wielding, you can get more damage output than you get with two-handed, or, you could wield a one-handed weapon and a shield to deal a bit less damage than two-handed, but have much more defense.

best explanation.

Level 12
I would go after fan made mods only after bethesda released all of it's addons for skyrim. Meanwhile, I really look forward for some custom spell creation or arena faction mod.

What are your opinions about the future skyrim expansion(s)? I bet that it will either feature oblivion gate(s) or summerset isle. It would be awesome if it was summetset isle. Since this thalmor shit has taken over everything.

Level 27
skyrim's 33% off on steam until tomorrow evening so now's a good time to pick it up if you haven't got it yet!

Unfortunate that I don't like steam... or origin... or battle.net 2.0...

And there's not a lot of difference compared to this (note free shipment)

On another note...

I once killed this woman in the orphanage at Riften and also the other women because i saw her running towards the door but still i got a bounty. Now later i returned and ended up having to go through a door and was forced to talk to a guard because of the door (couldn't pick it because he could see me). So i ended up killing 6 guards and by the time now i've already killed 16 or so more =p

Although i've discovered that some people can't be killed, i'm still doing the thieves guilds quests though and might do some others quests. Oh yeah and appareantly when a dragon attacked the town (still Riften) some people died and it seems a wife of some argonian at the tavern was also killed but i still got to give him some jewels or something but only got a stupid potion in return.

I can imagne charachters that are used for the main quest not to be killed, but other than that I'd rather be able to kill everyone else. Not that i will do that though... but Riften is just a fucked up place already ^^

Level 12
everyone has different playstyles :p for example, my current character is one of those legendary warriors of light, who never does anything bad, but I'm planning to create my next char an evil one and join dark brotherhood :p

btw, anyone got a scimitar in the game? surprisingly, it's base attack power is so high that it even surpasses orcish and dwemer swords, and I've been like using that sword from lvl 8 all through to lvl 30. Never found/crafted anything better yet. Anyone else uses swords and bumped into a scimitar like me?

YEAH. BTW: Pyritie what's your steam name ? i want to add you.

guess

I once killed this woman in the orphanage at Riften and also the other women because i saw her running towards the door but still i got a bounty. Now later i returned and ended up having to go through a door and was forced to talk to a guard because of the door (couldn't pick it because he could see me). So i ended up killing 6 guards and by the time now i've already killed 16 or so more =p

Although i've discovered that some people can't be killed, i'm still doing the thieves guilds quests though and might do some others quests. Oh yeah and appareantly when a dragon attacked the town (still Riften) some people died and it seems a wife of some argonian at the tavern was also killed but i still got to give him some jewels or something but only got a stupid potion in return.

I can imagne charachters that are used for the main quest not to be killed, but other than that I'd rather be able to kill everyone else. Not that i will do that though... but Riften is just a fucked up place already ^^

so basically you got a bounty for accidentally killing someone

and then massacred the entire city because of a small bounty you could easily pay off without moving a finger?

the hell is wrong with you?

Level 22
skyrim's 33% off on steam until tomorrow evening so now's a good time to pick it up if you haven't got it yet!

It's still cheaper on Amazon, though. It pretty much always is for new/big games. But if you really want digital I guess Steam is the best option.

But there are some other really good deals on there as well. Company of Heroes for 1,60. :eek:

Level 2
Oh and yeah, what's up with the script "I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee". The fkin script repeats again and again amongst different NPCs.

Level 20
Oh and yeah, what's up with the script "I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee". The fkin script repeats again and again amongst different NPCs.

it's from stupid ppl that try to say smth smart lol
like the old "smth happened to me, i ate an orange and now im k"

EDIT:
ontopic:
Oblivion FTW!! xD
The battle system in oblivion is so much better, it doesn't "lag", easier to equip/unequip gear, you can use your weapon+shield and still be able to cast a spell...

offtopic:
Is there a topic for The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion?? :D

offtopic question:
is there a way to set shortcut for more than 1 spell on oblivion?

Level 27
guess

so basically you got a bounty for accidentally killing someone

and then massacred the entire city because of a small bounty you could easily pay off without moving a finger?

the hell is wrong with you?

No i killed someone for a quest and then i got pissed of that i got caught because i was sure i killed every witness. It's only in riften though and i killed every guard now so they can't trouble me anymore xD

No i killed someone for a quest and then i got pissed of that i got caught because i was sure i killed every witness. It's only in riften though and i killed every guard now so they can't trouble me anymore xD

uh

nobody cares if you kill grelod

I mean hell, the kids started cheering and everything when you killed her

not to mention there was no "XX bounty added to Riften" message in the top left

hell, you can even kill her in broad daylight in front of a bunch of guards and they don't give a shit

she's just that awful of a person

Level 27
uh

hell, you can even kill her in broad daylight in front of a bunch of guards and they don't give a shit

Well now they give a shit less because i've ended all their pixelated digital lives!

But no i got a 1000 gold bounty or something i didn't want to pay.

Level 34
uh

The children cheer. What kind of twisted, deranged, sad children laugh at murder?! She must have been satan.

Level 12
meanwhile, normally if you kill somebody infront of children or somebody essential, do they count as witnesses too? Because in that case, there would be no way to finish off all the witnesses.

Also, just joined college of winterhold faction. I'm enjoying every second of skyrim, I was doing a lot of side quests rather than main questlines, I never fast travel or wait, I rp to the game's core! I am already level 38 and I didn't even visited graybeards yet. I know I am so lazy.

if its the one of the thieves guild side quests that u get from vex or the other guy, u could abandon the job and get a new one, that solved my problem :D

but if its the main quest... then i have no idea :p
You can use console commands to move to the next stage of a quest, maybe that will help
The children cheer. What kind of twisted, deranged, sad children laugh at murder?! She must have been satan.
She basically was satan
meanwhile, normally if you kill somebody infront of children or somebody essential, do they count as witnesses too? Because in that case, there would be no way to finish off all the witnesses.
Yes.

So do animals and livestock apparently.

Also, just joined college of winterhold faction. I'm enjoying every second of skyrim, I was doing a lot of side quests rather than main questlines, I never fast travel or wait, I rp to the game's core! I am already level 38 and I didn't even visited graybeards yet. I know I am so lazy.

You should visit them, you get a lot of useful shouts from the main quest, like the full fus roh dah.

Status
Not open for further replies.