• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

effects from points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Level 6
how can i make an effect that goes from a point (maybe where a unit is) to another point e.g. 500 infront of the unit?

and is it possible to make many effects in a row easily? i mean i chose 2 points where i want an effect. then i want that every 50 between those points is the same effect.

Level 4
I just finished exactly the thing you need.
  • Eventi
    • UnitÃ* - A unit Inizia la trasmissione di un'abilitÃ*
  • Condizioni
    • (Ability being cast) Uguale a Impaler
  • Azioni
    • Set temp_int = ((Integer((Distance between (Position of (Casting unit)) and (Target point of ability being cast)))) / 125)
    • Set temp_pos = (Position of (Casting unit))
    • For each (Integer A) from 1 to temp_int, do (Actions)
      • Giro - Azioni
        • Set temp_pos = (temp_pos offset by 125.00 towards (Angle from temp_pos to (Target point of ability being cast)) degrees)
        • Set temp_ugroup = (Units within 115.00 of temp_pos matching ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Diverso da (Owner of (Casting unit))))
        • Gruppo di unitÃ* - Pick every unit in temp_ugroup and do (Actions)
          • Giro - Azioni
            • Effetto speciale - Create a special effect attached to the chest of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Stampede\StampedeMissileDeath.mdl
            • Effetto speciale - Destroy (Last created special effect)
            • UnitÃ* - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (6.00 x (Real((Level of Impaler for (Casting unit))))) damage of attack type Perfora and damage type Normale
        • Effetto speciale - Create a special effect at temp_pos using Objects\Spawnmodels\Undead\ImpaleTargetDust\ImpaleTargetDust.mdl
    • Set temp_ugroup = (Units within 250.00 of temp_pos matching ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Diverso da (Owner of (Casting unit))))
    • Gruppo di unitÃ* - Pick every unit in temp_ugroup and do (Actions)
      • Giro - Azioni
        • Set temp_pos2 = (Position of (Picked unit))
        • Effetto speciale - Create a special effect attached to the chest of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Weapons\WardenMissile\WardenMissile.mdl
        • UnitÃ* - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (10.00 x (Real((Level of Impaler for (Casting unit))))) damage of attack type Perfora and damage type Normale
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temp_pos)
    • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_temp_ugroup)
Tell me if you want me to translate it or something

Status
Not open for further replies.