• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Special Effect/Missile from point X to point Y

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello, just short question of mine: How can i make some special effect, or missile effect in this case, that would "fly" from one point to another?

Basically i just want "Necropolis/Spirit Tower" missile fly from one point to another, but i cant seem to find anything like that in triggers (and i bet its possible, everything is possible here!)

Or ill have to use dummy and some damageless spell like... Wait, which spell can shoot missile and it can targeted on point, not unit? :D

Level 15
Use a periodic trigger . Once the ability is used , the missile starts moving .
Using Special Effects :
  • Set Caster = (Triggering Unit)
  • Set tempP = (Position of Caster)
  • Trigger - Turn On 'Missile Loop' <gen>
  • Missile Loop
  • Events
    • Time - Every 0.02 seconds
  • Actions
    • Set tempP2 = ((Position Of Caster) offset by 20 towards (Facing of 'Caster'))
    • Special Effect - Create a Special Effect in tempP2 using 'missile'
    • Special Effect - Destroy (Last Created Effect
Using Dummy Units :
  • Set Caster = (Triggering Unit)
  • Set tempP = (Position of Caster)
  • Set tempP2 = (((Position Of Caster) offset by 20 towards (Facing of 'Caster'))
  • Unit - Create 1 'Missile' for (Owner of Caster) in 'tempP2' facing (Facing of Caster)
  • Set Dummy = (Last Created Unit)
  • Set tempP3 = (Position Of Dummy)
  • Trigger - Turn On 'Missile Loop' <gen>
  • Missile Loop
  • Events
    • Time - Every 0.02 seconds
  • Actions
    • Set tempP4 = (((Position Of Dummy) offset by 20 towards (Facing of 'Dummy'))
    • Unit - Move Dummy to tempP4 (instantly)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_tempP4)
I think that's what you mean . Or your question is deeper ?

Status
Not open for further replies.