• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Upgrade Effect: Hit Points Regeneration Bonus not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys,

I'm trying to make a custom upgrade that will provide a certain hero a Hit Points Regeneration Bonus.
For that, i am using the upgrade effect for Hit Points Regeneration (just like Troll Regeneration) and i want the upgrade to provide the hero with a 3 hit point regeneration bonus per second.

The problem is that i can't figure out what's wrong with this effect. The other effects seem to work (Hit points bonus, attack bonus, mana bonus ...) but this one doesn't work though i have tried multiple combinations between the upgrade effects' base and increment values. :cry:

For example let's take a look at Troll Regeneration:
- Hit Points Regeneration Bonus (%) - Base = 0.8
- Hit Points Regeneration Bonus (%) - Increment = 1
Does this mean that the Troll Headhunter will get a 0.8 Hit Points Regeneration Bonus? Then why this isn't working for me!

My main focus here to make a custom upgrade that will provide a certain hero these upgrades:
- 3 hit point regeneration bonus per second. (Like ring of regeneration)
- 25% bonus mana regeneration. (Like sobi mask)
- 20% attack speed bonus(Like gloves of haste)

The Mana Regeneration and Attack Speed bonus effects seem to work but the Hit Points Regeneration effects doesn't.

Thank you.

Level 39
I just tested this and it works for me, so you must have done something wrong. Despite the % sign in the troll headhunter upgrade it is actually that many hp per second, so 0.80 is 0.80 hp/second and the second data field is how much it goes up per upgrade level. I confirmed this by getting an archmage to 0 strength and 0 hp regen in the OE, then applying a 1.00/1.00 regen upgrade to it. It doesn't regen anything until you apply the upgrade and at that point it gains 1 hp per second.

Giving the hero an "Item Regeneration Bonus"-based ability with troll regen as a techtree requirement didn't seem to work as expected: it granted regen even before the upgrade was researched, so that 's a no-go. (yes I set check dependencies = true)

Here's a test map. Press escape once and troll regen is researched for you and it starts gaining HP at 1/second.

Attachments

• teeest.w3x
    21.2 KB · Views: 37
Status
Not open for further replies.