• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Changing Hero Stat bonuses {increase regeneration for each agility point}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So in the gameplay constants module it's simple enough to change the point amounts for hero stat bonuses, but how do I change the type of stat that gives the bonus?

For example, on melee settings defense bonuses are ruled by agility. I think this is unfitting and would change defense to be ruled by strength, while changing HP regeneration from strength to agility.

Is it doable or are the bonuses hard coded?

Level 2
Well I know that. But when I try to edit the value, it only lets me change the bonus amount per stat point. I want to change the stat that gives the bonus. How do I do that?

I also considered this fact. Agility just doesn't fit with Defensive capabilities.
In order to do that, you will have to make an ability based off Ring of Protection, with lots of levels! You can make up your own formula, e.g. for each Point of Strength, hero gets 1 armor. So that, every second, count the Strength of your hero and set the level of Ring of Protection for your hero to Strength of the Hero.

EDIT: Game Interface. Scroll Down to Texts and you will find "Agility" somewhere. Replace it with Strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.