• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Item Hero Stat Bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hi

I had an idea for an item that when you got a kill it would give you +1 for all stats (as a bonus). So I'm using Item Hero Stat Bonus and it works when I get the first kill but doesn't change thereafter.

The spell has 25 levels (+1 for each level) and I added a text line to tell me the level of the ability which gives me the correct level but the stat bonuses don't change.

Any ideas?

Level 8
I think you can do that via triggers. Its easier

• Add Stats
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
      • ((Killing unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set tempUnit = (Killing unit)
      • Hero - Modify Strength of tempUnit: Add 1
      • Hero - Modify Agility of tempUnit: Add 1
      • Hero - Modify Intelligence of tempUnit: Add 1
      • Set tempUnit = No unit

pls note this is limitless u gonna have to setup a limit somehow

Level 13
How I had done it was if the user had the item and got a kill the ability would be added, then each other kill would increase the level of the ability. Then every second there would be a chance for the ability to decrease in level (increasing chance with higher level), which at level 1 it would remove the ability.

Like I said in the original post the ability gets added and the level is increased, but the values of the ability don't increase.

Level 24
You cannot level up/down abilities from items.
Have tried that pretty long now -_-

You can make a unit Attribute Bonus ability with 25 levels and when a unit gains an item, it also gains that ability.
Every time he gets a kill the ability is leveled up.
When he drops the item, the ability is removed.

You have to do it all via triggers.

Level 8
No worries, the attribute bonus ability has a cool feature where you can make the button for it invisible. Just set the stats- hide button to true.

Anyway, like Wietlol said all you need to do is add the ability to the unit when it gets the item and remove the ability if it drops or sells or whatever the item. Then whenever it gets a kill, set the level of the ability to the #of kills.

Status
Not open for further replies.