• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Item Attribute Bonus As Hero Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Didn't see this brought up anywhere else, hope its not a repeat.

Making a map with the only hero abilities being +1 to str, +1 to int, or +1 to agi so you basically increase a stat point with each level. Now the hero attribute bonus adds the green + next to the attribute which is annoying as it interferes with being able to tell what bonuses are given by items or just the leveling up.

I figured using the ability item agility gain would be perfect as it just raises the raw stat and the icon wouldn't be a problem but for some reason the ability just doesn't work if I switch it from an item ability to a hero ability. Any suggestions for how I can have a hero ability that raises the base stat point (by that I mean not having that green +X next to it)

Level 6
Usually item abilities are item abilities for a reason, since they can't really be used as hero abilities directly to add attributes to your heroes. If you want to have it added to the attribute directly, it has to be done by triggers, something like this:

• Attribute
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Attribute Bonus
    • Actions
      • Hero - Modify Strength of (Triggering unit): Add 1
Obviously it can be made something more useful with other two attributes, but that's pretty much the gist.

Level 25
Here's two examples using Attribute Bonus as dummy abilities. Tomes are given to the hero to increase its stats, but Alright's add-by-trigger method works the same if you want to do it that way. Using tomes just makes it simpler for a special effect on the hero.

One of the maps hides the attribute bonus dummy abilities (no icons), and the other just allows the player to keep track of all the stat bonuses they have.

Attachments

• Hero Stat Abilities (No Icons).w3x
    10.5 KB · Views: 85
  • Hero Stat Abilities.w3x
    10.4 KB · Views: 80
Status
Not open for further replies.