• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Learn Attribute Bonus Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Apologies if this question has already been asked. If so, just point me at the thread and I'll go on my way.

I know how to increase the max hero level beyond 10 in a custom map. Once I've done that- let's say to level 20, as an example- if I want the max ability levels for all existing hero abilities to remain as their default values (3 for the first three, 1 for the ultimate) and I simply want to add a ten level "Learn Attribute Bonus" Ability for all heroes that mirrors Rexxar's ability in the Founding of Durotar, how would I go about doing that?

Level 9
You first need to create a custom ability based on 'Attribute Bonus'. You will find it in Neutral Hostile > Heroes. Then set the fields of how many levels, the required level, and the attribute bonus given.

Then in the Unit pane, you can add this custom abilitiy to your Hero's Hero abilities.

Level 1
When you say in the unit pane, it sounds like this will only allow me to add the ability for custom heroes I create and place on the map. I'd like it to be available by default as an "extra" ability for any heroes created within the game, so the players still have the chance to choose their own heroes. Is there a way to do that?

Level 9
No, Hero abilities can only be added via object editor (with a max of 5 per Hero). You will have to add this to every hero you want to use this with.

Not sure if we understand each other correctly, but I talk about the unit pane within the Object Editor. So this change affects all units of the type, regardless of which moment they are created.

An alternative is to change Attribute bonus in a unit ability, and add it by trigger to a Hero once he reaches lvl 10. But in that case, it is an automatic process and not a learnable skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.