• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why i cannot set item levels except of armor?

Level 17
  • LifeEkle
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Claws of Attack +15
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set level of Item Life Bonus // masterrr for (Triggering unit) to ((Level of Item Life Bonus // masterrr for (Triggering unit)) + 4)
          • Unit - Set level of Item Hero Stat Bonus (+1 All Stats) for (Triggering unit) to ((Level of Item Hero Stat Bonus (+1 All Stats) for (Triggering unit)) + 4)
          • Unit - Set level of Item Armor Bonus (+1) for (Triggering unit) to ((Level of Item Armor Bonus (+1) for (Triggering unit)) + 3)
          • Unit - Set level of Item Mana Bonus (100) for (Triggering unit) to ((Level of Item Mana Bonus (100) for (Triggering unit)) + 3)
          • Game - Display to (All players) for 1.00 seconds the text: (String((Level of Item Life Bonus // masterrr for (Triggering unit))))
        • Else - Actions
It works only for the armor. I am adding these abilities on init and testing it. I can set armor easily but it not works for the rest. Or am i missing something?

some skills dont support multiple levels and will not change the given bonus.
life & mana even bug and will take away the bonus of lvl 2 which was never given only Lvl 1 was given, so the unit permant loses/gains lvl 2 value - lvl 1 value.
for str/agi/int base your skill on the hero version, that one supports multi levels.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
I have tried many things and yes it is not working except of the armor bonus.
"some skills dont support multiple levels and will not change the given bonus."

You have to either trigger it yourself (set max hp = max hp + X), find an ability that does work, or use this ability field method (if you're on 1.31+):

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
A lot of item abilities lack the logic to handle level ups properly. This is likely because Warcraft III base gameplay does not support items levelling up their abilities. To save time they likely decided they could skip implementing the required level related code, and could always implement it if they decided to change the ability into a hero or levelable unit ability later down the line.

Life bonus is notorious for such a short cut since before Reforged it was the only, easy, way to permanently change unit maximum life. Removing item life bonus always removes the correct amount for its current level, like wise adding the ability adds the correct amount for level 1 of the ability. However, there is no level up logic so changing the ability level does not change how much bonus life the ability gives to match the appropriate level field. The bonus life discrepancy between adding the ability and removing the ability at a different level could be used to permanently modify a unit's maximum life.

Reforged did not, and cannot, fix this bug because a lot of custom maps depend on this bug.

Level 2
Ok finally i finish to make this:

Need to add the ability and set the level like this and then remove

level 1: 0
level 2: -5
level 3: 5

when you in the trigger put this with 2 triggers:

1694989856848.png

And then the same in the second trigger put the level of the ability in level 3 thats the value is in 5

1694989903510.png

In order with the level ability adding 1st Time is in level 3 then when you add the item of claws add the ability and put in level 2 and when lose the item add the ability ant put in level 3 thats all: -5 + 5

1694990010395.png

For the life i dont prove that with this method but i make with givin a item of extra life and change certain values of the item and the ability:
there are the map bro prove you and tell me if you see something to change o make better :D

Attachments

• System_Blank_Items.w3x
    2.4 MB · Views: 1