• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Multi-level non-hero spell that uses triggers to level up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I am making a map with a increased max-hero level, I realize that if I don't do something to the non-hero units now they will get ownt by the max lvl heroes, so thus i made 3 abilities:
Armor Bonus - 6levels - 1. +2 defense, Base level. 2. +12defense, once a hero is lvl 11. 3. +25defense, hero lvl 25. 4. +30defense, hero lvl 55. 5. +40defense, hero lvl 70. 6. +55armor, hero lvl 85.
Damage Bonus - 6levels - Follows same hero levels as armor bonus. - 1. +15 2. +25 3. +180 4. +220 5. +360 6. +495
Health Bonus - 6levels - Same hero levels as previous - 1. +50 2. +821 3. +2256 4. +3907 5. +5064 6. +5337

Example of trigger to level abilities for exsisting non-hero units when a hero reaches a certain level point:
  • Stage 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Gains a level
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 11
        • Then - Actions
          • Set stage = 1
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Unit - Set level of War Veteran for (Picked unit) to 2)
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Unit - Set level of Damage Bonus for (Picked unit) to 2)
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Unit - Set level of Armor Bonus for (Picked unit) to 2)
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Unit - Set level of Health Bonus for (Picked unit) to 2)
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
The trigger works perfectly, HOWEVER the HEALTH BONUS ability does not, now I'm using item abilities that have been turned into regular unit abilities for the bonuses, one since they provide no icon or ability bar placement, two they have no buff, aura, or spell effects on the units, and three they are the simplest to work with, and four there is no non-item ability(THAT I KNOW OF PLEASE CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG) that provides a PASSIVE perminant health increase to the unit. Now if there is and i somehow missed it, please tell me.

My question, How do I make the health bonus work? Do I need to use a diffrent ability? Do I need to make a trigger-enhanced ability? What?

Level 30
Why don't you use upgrades? It's much easier to do, and it won't require multiple abilities. However, the defense might be tricky (Since upgrades can only apply Defense Bonus from Custom Unit's Fields). Wait one minute, I will post a trigger to show you.
attachment.php
Just add up all effects you need in these fields: Data - Effect
Also, remember to edit Unit's properties to make it uses this particular upgrade. When the unit hits the new level, just make the upgrade's level (Current level of Tech + 1)
Melee upgrade level will be shown in attack field, armor in defense. Use None for no numbered icons.

Attachments

• Upgrades.PNG
    Upgrades.PNG
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,805
Level 4
ohhhh derp so simple. tyvm that helps alot, i never thought of that

Edit: One question tho, is there a way to change the Effect Increment to do set numbers per level instead? Or will it only increase by a single amount every rank?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
What I did was just use the upgrade to increase the level of the Damage and Armor abilities (since I already had them inplace anyways) and raise the health by X amount per upgrade level, so the health is the only part that scales by a constant amount, however I got just the right numbers i think to keep it fairly balanced from beginning to end.

Status
Not open for further replies.