• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

EchoStorm - Altered RTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Because of how much time my game is taking up, I don't think I'll be able to score it for you anymore. :( However, I would like to help test as well.

Level 15
Thanks for bumping it while I'm inactive for 2 days. We could try the game through Garena once beta is out. I already played game internationally through Garena and it doesn't cause much lag. I could do the triggering myself, its actually to serious or heavy handed on anyway but I'll ask if I need help though. ^ ^

Level 28
Bumpy RIDE!

6.) Series of Storyline – EchoStorm will be replacing the outdated plot of Faction Wars to an entire series of novel like stories. Featuring characters and a broad storyline that would revolve entirely in the EchoStorm universe.

You'll feature character from the story right? so they'll be a hero or a normal unit?

Level 14
No, like Faction Wars, it won't feature any heroes or stronger unit with hero like life. Rather, the story is solely about to learn more about planet Juno and would revolve into variety of series and characters.

That will be good,i like maps with less fighting and more figuring stuff out.

Level 15
BUMP
@clockwork2
When you meant tactical sense, you mean rock, paper, scissor or anything like that. Then yes, of course they are, the specialization will be composing only 2, Infantry and Machine Division, but its always to keep army diversity within two types of different unit.

The specializations are being revised, for example, Spec A would have Supply Drop, Soldier Drop and Sector Sweep, while Spec B would have Supply Drop, Viking Drop, and EchoShard Drop or something like that. Specializations will play much bigger role for shaping your own army since everyone is using only one race as template.

The early idea of scrapping upgrades is canceled, meaning they are going to return with much reliance on Specializing. Each unit would be having 3 different skills, 1st skill is already unlocked but you'll have to upgrade 3 levels of the research upgrade into unlock Action Skills further, this restricts you from achieving level 6 and the 3rd Action Skill depending on your specialized, so the only way to achieve them all is to destroy your Strategy Tower and rebuild it again and choose another specialization, but I doubt anyone would do that. ;)

I say, eubz get to release the model, his activity to this project is decreased but I have faith he'll create more models once he get to see the beta. Also, I am always been a victim of protected map and resources, so all my maps, including all ES (EchoStorm) maps will be unprotected. In addition to that, I encourage people to make custom maps even mods.

@Xian
I meant the story is separated from map, think about it like video games today have side story novels and books but don't worry, there are collectible and a hefty set of easter eggs throughout each maps. ;)
Of course anything SIRtech and EchoStorm would involve fighting.

Level 15
I am trying to create something much sequel like, I want everyone to compare and contrast Faction Wars and EchoStorm, then and now, while there are plenty of issues that this may feel a bit trigger lazy, a bit true, yes, but I am currently revamping the system and I couldn't really say its going to artistically better than the original since I lack modelers and so on.

@zlowly
I am going to create much smaller maps but with much better terrain, battles will be team-faction based as always no FFA modes, and we are really pushing that each unit would atleast have 3 Action skills unlike the original.

@clockwork2
Sure, I could send you the marine model, also, like Faction Wars, each specialization can only unlock 1 unit each but would unlock upgrades and Kingfisher abilities, the new Kingfisher, is an invisible flagship above that supports your army with reinforcements and so on. Unlike Faction Wars however, you get set of well balanced Action Skills for each specializations.

Lastly, there are been plenty of setbacks and new ideas to be implemented for EchoStorm, but we are really pushing private or public beta sometime in May.

Level 15
Just curious, is there a custom battle system for this, or the standars wc3 battle system for melee maps?

Standard battle system with a some tweaking for example, no creeps and neutral buildings play like tech buildings that can be destroy for an instant cash out of resources as an example but losing its functionality.

Also, I am thinking adding an XP system, players would use this currency to spend on upgrades rather using another standard secondary resource. You'll gain xp by killing opposing forces of course.

Level 28
Standard battle system with a some tweaking for example, no creeps and neutral buildings play like tech buildings that can be destroy for an instant cash out of resources as an example but losing its functionality.

Also, I am thinking adding an XP system, players would use this currency to spend on upgrades rather using another standard secondary resource. You'll gain xp by killing opposing forces of course.

That xp system will fit well on this map, I'll suggest you to go for it. :wink:

Level 15
Project is taking longer than it should be, there has been setbacks like I said. Also I am busy playing tons of console games and working on a template map for Kam's BtT.

But for something EchoStorm related, I am working on the next chapter for Liberation.

Level 15
BUMP!
Announcement
The beta is delayed and will not be releasing for this May. Due to several other maps I've been working with. Notably Murky Water for the BtT, the standard melee is out now.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/murky-water-melee-216273/

536038_353607918036562_100001620714404_1051139_2109468653_a.jpg

163362_353607964703224_100001620714404_1051140_904932773_n.jpg

553455_353607984703222_100001620714404_1051141_1004585388_n.jpg

579453_353608048036549_100001620714404_1051142_1866398246_n.jpg

Be sure the check out http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/beyond-throne-tides-darkness-32321/
In other news, sonofjay, a friend and a person who have been helping expand SIRtech, has held a new/revival project named http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/story-van-eastmore-210755/ that I would be supporting as always.

Some good EchoStorm news, a chapter 2 of ES: Liberation is finally published on Wattpad along with few tweaks with the previous chapters.
http://www.wattpad.com/story/1026374-echostorm-liberation

Level 15
Why ECHO?..........IS THIS MAP A SOUND RELATED?...

There are plenty of words, all things considered. I have thought about CyberStorm, GunStorm, and even BulletStorm (which there is already a game of it). The reason I made chose Echo is because it creates an enigmatic meaning of war, having known the background of Juno (the world of EchoStorm) its pretty oppressive with one authority rule, plenty of uprising from splinter groups, rogue factions, and civilian rebellions that incites a chain reaction of relentless war and slaughter, which preferably like an Echo of some sort, but ultimately, the word itself is enigmatic at the best ;)

Level 15
Update!

While there was no news about entire map yet, I really want to provide a screenshot and more information about it.
As you can see, there are plenty of changes since the first screenshot I posted months ago.

600636_363970833666937_627006934_n.jpg

Gameplay Changes:
*The building skins were change to a more sci-fi like. The issue for the models and skins has been forever, especially when I received plenty criticisms about it. Also, this gave me a new opportunity to remove the ground texture which really add a non-WC3 flavor.
*EchoShards were scrapped, because it creates a tedious resource allocation. And to remove the lumber-resource-WC3 feel. The use of EchoShards (now are known as Crystallites) are scavenge resources along with scraps and mini-supply point, upon getting it, players will immediately get credits conversion.
*Strategy Towers are changed to Strategy Centers, they will provide nearest drop point for Crafter supplies. As for specializing, a new Firebase building will be available for it, planned 6 specializations and unique units. In addition, Firebase are capable using global powers depending on what specialization you choose. It will be 1 limited building. The new firebase-system allows players to cleverly hide them since they are valuable structures unlike the Strategy Towers that is very predictable at the very start of the game.

Unit Information (@ Barracks):
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st Unit: Soldier (@ X:0 Y:0)

Tier 1
Background: The rampant recruitment for soldiers to fuel the civil war leaded to a cheap allocation of versatile riflemen. While not entirely to be paraded with combat fashion, the Soldier is capable adapting in most conditions.
Weaponry:Mk. II - S.I.R. (SIRtech. Issue. Rifle.)
Role: Main Infantry
Action Skills:
Level 1 - Medi Gel
Level 3 - Concussive Shot
Level 6 - Phosphorus Rounds.
Allowed Attack: Land and air units
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
2nd Unit: Guardian (@ X:1 Y:0)

Tier 1
Background: Uncommon variant of the Soldier, Guardians are skilled demolition infantry capable on tearing ground armor within seconds.
Weaponry:M94 Goliath Launcher
Role: Anti-ground vehicle
Action Skills:
Level 1 - Medi Gel,
Level 3 - Explosive Landmine
Level 6 - Marksman Allowed Attack: Land units
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3rd Unit: Boom Squad (@X:2 Y:0)
Tier 1
Background: Despite the deployment of heavy duty infantry like the Guardian, there was still a need of creating heavier deployment infantry. Boom Squads are capable of tearing enemy defenses without risking injuries.
Weaponry:M58 Tor'ka Mortar
Role: Artillery Infantry
Action Skills:
Level 1 - Flare
Level 3 - Black Curtain
Level 6 - Handcannon
Allowed Attack: Land units
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4th Unit: Argonaut(@X:0 Y:1)
Tier 2
Background: Genetically altered infantry units, 'Argonaut' is the given name for the clone soldier. They are viciously singleminded infantry with the strength of 4 ordinary man and are devoted to one thing, killing.
Weaponry:N22 B.A.R. (Bad. Ass. Rifle)
Role: Supersoldier
Action Skills:
Level 1 - Sprint
Level 3 - Bayonet Stab
Level 6 - Carjack
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5th Unit: Valker [Easter Egg Name from mckill2009's http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ch=dungeon%20assault&d=list&r=20&u=mckill2009 ] (@X:1 Y:1)
Tier 2
Background: SIRtech manages to intoxicate the battlefield with energy based weaponry. The trident rifle was the first gun that ever uses crystallite as its ammunition. Valkers became a deadly adversary ever since these guns were manufactured.
Weaponry: G19 Trident Rifle
Role: Field Support
Action Skills:
Level 1 - Sabotage
Level 3 - Shocker Core
Level 6 - Powershot
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6th Unit: Specter [Easter Egg description name from sonofjay's Project Ghost] (@X:2 Y:1)
Tier 2
Background: Project: Ghost, an extensive program which gave birth to Peacekeeper Navy Specters. They are highly trained ops group with several expertise and are handpicked carefully. Nowadays they are genetically enhanced and are specialized snipers
Weaponry: R-9 Knougant Sniper Rifle
Role: Sniper
Action Skills:
Level 1 - Stealth
Level 3 - Decoy
Level 6 - Deadeye

Level 28
Great some updates!!!

I really love the new skin,

*Strategy Towers are changed to Strategy Centers, they will provide nearest drop point for Crafter supplies. As for specializing, a new Firebase building will be available for it, planned 6 specializations and unique units.

This sounds great to me, and thanks for using Ghost as a easter!

+rep

Level 15
Update!

BUMP!
EchoStorm: Liberation chapter 3 is coming soon, somewhere around July. Also, I got an updated version of supplies/ammo crates from eubz and I would like to thank Kam and sonofjay for the hotkey system, really helped me out.
There isn't much news about EchoStorm for today though, beta has turned indefinite and studies are keeping it even slower.

In other news, I am proud to announced the new Anniversary pack (renamed for my former melee) is out now, celebrating WC 3's 9th anniversary with a new slick cover by Oscar Mike 2.o and finally its available for Chaos Realm.
http://chaosrealm.info/topic/7931507/1/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/packs-542/anniversary-pack-211670/

Status
Not open for further replies.