• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Strategy / Risk] Eastern Kingdoms: War in the South

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update
Right, Lower and upper Blackrock Spire are finished which means the Dark Horde now has it's capital, I've still to touch up a few things about it but it's mostly done, in game there is fog etc and other effects not present in this screenshot.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-07-27 at 16.36.57.png
    Screen shot 2015-07-27 at 16.36.57.png
    704.8 KB · Views: 221
Great, Nefarius can now laugh with all his glory there.
I'm kinda thinking that place does have a lava,

Nah, Blackrock Depths has all the lava, and there should be plenty of it there once it's finished.

apcrabnightlive said:
I can't wait to see more

Thanks, for the support, I'm going to try and get the Dark Horde and Stormwind finished for now and maybe release a map with the two of them being playable.

Loch Modan, Wetlands, Ironforge... probably Arathi Highlands too

The Searing Gorge, Badlands, Loch Modan, Ironforge, Dun Morogh and the Wetlands would at least need to be done before the Dwarves could be playable. Including probably Shadowforge City for their path options.

Level 9
So i think ta paths could be that Magni could be overthrown and a dark iron thane will replace him, then the zark iron thane can go to ironforge where he can type "-betray", which will kick the dwarves out if the aliance but they will gain many dark iron units

Or another in which thy discovered their ancient heritage and gain an Earthern Hero and a new unit: Earthern

Or
Recaputre Gnomegeran!! Get gnomes as allies!!

So i think ta paths could be that Magni could be overthrown and a dark iron thane will replace him, then the zark iron thane can go to ironforge where he can type "-betray", which will kick the dwarves out if the aliance but they will gain many dark iron units

A Dark Iron path is in the works, which Shadowforge City will play a part in and you'll get Dagran Thaurissan and Moira Thaurissan (Bronzebeard) as heroes. As for events for the Dark Irons and Ironforge, I'll need to think about them later.

Or another in which thy discovered their ancient heritage and gain an Earthern Hero and a new unit: Earthern

That's a very L:TA idea and it's not one I'm a fan of since the Earthern haven't joined the Dwarves.

Or
Recaputre Gnomegeran!! Get gnomes as allies!!

This is quite an obvious one to add, so yes, the Dwarves will be able to liberate Gnomeragan.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I remember you have a dwarf map , so will you use the units and buildings from there ?

The models, some of them, yes. The tech-tree itself, only parts.

Evets for Dark Iron??

Ragnoras: summon ragnoras..

Yep, Ragnaros will play a part in both the Dark Iron and Twilight's Hammer events :ogre_haosis:

Update
I've added most of the Dark Horde's events in relation to Stormwind and added the Fel Horde event where the Dark Horde can forsake the Black Dragonflight for the Fel Blood. Most of the southern regions are finished just short of the Searing Gorge; one the Deadmines are finished the Stormwind vs Dark Horde version will be ready for release.

Level 20
Update
I've added most of the Dark Horde's events in relation to Stormwind and added the Fel Horde event where the Dark Horde can forsake the Black Dragonflight for the Fel Blood. Most of the southern regions are finished just short of the Searing Gorge; one the Deadmines are finished the Stormwind vs Dark Horde version will be ready for release.

Great to hear that!

DEMO VERSION RELEASED
This is a demo version with only Stormwind and the Dark Horde being playable, it is to test a few features and make sure the basic framework works. Ignore the loading screen, this map is based off of Azeroth Wars but only for the map size; everything else is scratch made. A credits list will follow soon.

I also have this kind of situation.

Hmmmmm, this is very concerning, I might need to consult with someone more experience in triggers/code to work it out or it might be something to do with the object editor, either way, the map is unprotected so you're free to open it up yourself and find out but I'll try and fix it myself.

UPDATE
Right, the problem is not in the trigger's or a least the trigger's aren't the only problem, so my next port of call will be the custom data, I'll delete all unused custom data and see if that makes it work. Like I said before though, if anyone else has any expertise or aid to offer, I'd appreciate; the map is unprotected

Thank you again, IcemanBo.

Update
Hey everyone, I know it's been a long time but EKwits has now had more work done on it, particularly in regards to getting the Dark Horde and Stormwind playable. It'll be a long time before the rest of the map is done but I'd like to release a version with these two races playable to test out some of the features and general style of the map. I'll be uploading that shortly. Here is the updated demo which can also be found on the main page

Last edited:
Update
I've currently started work on finishing Blackrock Mountain. Blackrock Mountain will consist of Blackrock Spire controlled by the Dark Horde (finished and pictured before in this thread), Blackrock Depths including Shadowforge city and the Dark Iron Dwarves (Faction path for Gray (Dwarves)) and the Molten Core - home to Ragnaros and his minions who might be available to Purple the Twilight's Hammer later on in the game. Either way he's a screenshot of Blackrock Entrance the hub to which all the other areas can be accessed (it's not completely finished still need to tweak some things.)
Screenshot (1).png

Status
Not open for further replies.