• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Strategy / Risk] Eastern Kingdoms: War in the South

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I can't help noticing you have set up the layout of Karazhan : will the Violet Eye be present as a neutral faction? They have quite a minor role nowadays, but meh it would be a nice addition for the WoW fans out there!

UPDATE
I've just finished off the Tainted Scar for now, once the entire map is finished I'll go back and add a few more doodads but I quite like it for now. It features the unique creep Naraxxius the Doombringer.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-06-14 at 21.19.24.png
    Screen shot 2015-06-14 at 21.19.24.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 238
Level 9
BE settlement in Blasted Lands? I havent found any of those, and its funny to think about woW places, sone places that have major events are sonetimes just a mountain away...

Level 17
IDEA:
about the Addon race: I Say forsaken.
Why forsaken? because if you are making something in the DEFAULT LORE, becoming the forsaken would be hard. for example at the beginning The forsaken units are Only a bunch of high elves scattered around Sunwell. But when the Scourge attacks, and if it wins and kill Sylvanas, The Forsaken will be born. There, you must wait as an observer and watch how The scourge control Your units. then, Whenever Illidan starts the use of sargeras' Eye, Then some banshees and Sylvanas would be free. THEN They must Attack Varimathras for more units with only 1 base but their Banshees can control Nearby ogres and Bandits. (if not already dead...) Then attacking Other Dreadlords for more power, units and Bases. and After Balnaazar Dies, The forsaken would Be Overpowered.

It takes place after/during the Third War so the Forsaken would already be about, so no need to worry about those difficult chain of events.

Also illidari will be a path for the Blood Elves. The Blood Elves are kind of pushed towards going Illidari and the Sunveil Excursion outpost is close to the Dark Portal so Illidan/Fel Orcs should be able to defend it after the Blood Elves betray the Alliance.

UPDATE
The Blasted Lands are now finished (for now, subject to changes once the entire map is finished) It should be as accurate as possible with The Sunveil Expedition, Stormwind, Horde, Fel Horde and Surwich all with a part to play. Maldraz will also play a small part.

I'll now be moving on to The Searing Gorge where the Thorium Brotherhood will offer opportunities to the Dwarves and the Fel Horde for conquest and Alliance.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-06-17 at 16.24.29.png
    Screen shot 2015-06-17 at 16.24.29.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 407
Level 9
Ta Dark Portal.... Fel Orcs.........(bliss)

And i can see Stranglethorn Vale, Deadwind Pass with the last guardian....

Last edited:
Uuu, I really like what have you done so far. Keep up with the good work! When to expect tech trees?

Well, admittedly a little later, I'm reasoning that any time spent preparing to post the tech-trees to this thread could be better spent on making the map itself.

UPDATE
A bit of terraining, I'm going to get Blackrock done, it will comprise of Lower and Upper Blackrock Spire merged into one and Blackrock depths with Shadowforge City. So far it's pretty big, not too detailed but I'm really going all out with, won't start Searing Gorge till it's done. So between this and tech-tree work, I've gotten quite a bit done.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-07-07 at 07.03.59.png
    Screen shot 2015-07-07 at 07.03.59.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 368
Update
After Blackrock Spire, the Deadmines and a few events for The Dark Horde and Stormwind, I'll release a test version since those two will be mostly playable the map will be less than 15% playable but those two factions should be completed enough to duke it out since that's how I expect it to work come release version.

Stormwind vs The Dark Horde

Last edited:
Nice progress

Mainly working on the Tech-trees right now so not much to screenshot.

Gilneas will have a choice between who to side with in the Gilnean civil war, The isolationist Genn Greymane, or Darius Crowely the pro-Alliance fighter. You can then choose whether to accept the Worgen curse or try to cure it. If you go Worgen you can then get Night Elven aid which allows you to get some Night Elven units. If the Forsaken invade then whoever you sided against will still join you and if you're Worgen you'll have the option to get the Bloodpack.

Level 9

Gilneas will have a choice between who to side with in the Gilnean civil war, The isolationist Genn Greymane, or Darius Crowely the pro-Alliance fighter. You can then choose whether to accept the Worgen curse or try to cure it. If you go Worgen you can then get Night Elven aid which allows you to get some Night Elven units. If the Forsaken invade then whoever you sided against will still join you and if you're Worgen you'll have the option to get the Bloodpack.

So gilneas isa abt to be done? Mon? So how about me can summon Goldrinn, the wolf ancient from Taldoren? So if we go worgen, we can have druids of ta claw, some night elven units and Argus(that mad archmage who researched on worgen)?

So gilneas isa abt to be done? Mon? So how about me can summon Goldrinn, the wolf ancient from Taldoren? So if we go worgen, we can have druids of ta claw, some night elven units and Argus(that mad archmage who researched on worgen)?

Not about to be done no, but I've done some significant work. A lot of those ideas are from L:TA and I might add them if I deem them lore wise accurate enough.

Level 12

What tech-tree you will use for Worgen ? The Ujimasa Hojo one ?

Status
Not open for further replies.