• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dwarven Rider

Dwarf bear rider unit. Uses the death knight animations.
Also has a Walk and Walk Fast animations.

Update: Side shields now have a better texture.

Update 2: Bear now has an armor, axe is a little longer
and spell animation has an particle emitter.

Update: Retextured bear armor

I someone needs a model with a hammer i will gladly upload it.

Keywords:
Dwarf, mounted, bear, raider, axe.
Contents

Dwarven Rider (Model)

Dwarven Rider (Model)

Reviews
11:02, 18th Apr 2013 Misha: in all three of them, the hose walk and run animations totally do not fit, legs particularly clip in the run anim.. bears are really more heavy runners and they also use full feet and 'hands' to run, comparing to horse...

M

11:02, 18th Apr 2013
Misha: in all three of them, the hose walk and run animations totally do not fit, legs particularly clip in the run anim.. bears are really more heavy runners and they also use full feet and 'hands' to run, comparing to horse using just 'toes' ..can you fix that somehow? oh and i would love if you make the bear sit in one of the stand animations :b

Level 48
This model is really sweet. I love it.
I would recommend, however, for you to change the Spell animation. Perhaps give him a hammer and make him throw it as a sort of Storm Bolt ability? Or at least add some particles. ^^
Also, he's not holding the axe properly. He's holding it right at the edge: It would probably break or fall as soon as he swings it.

P.S: Using the steam tank texture for the helmet is just pure genius. I might steal it one day. :D

Em!

Em!

Level 24
hm, dwarves are actually a race that should ride bulls, buffalos, rams, eventually goats, rhinos and maybe ponies, IMO. The idea with the polar bear is very unique in deed, but wouldn't that kind of mount fit rather to a hero than a unit? Anyways, it deserves a 5/5 for the unique idea and cute execution. :goblin_good_job:

The idea is from heroes 5 -
291003515.jpg

and there is no better mount for dwarfs than bears if there ever should be a mount I.M.O. The idea for rams is stupid, and goats would only be used to pull carts cause that smells of good mythology right there.
Buffalo may not be bad but i´m guessing that idea is from that horrible armies of exigo game. I do recall some sort of buffalo catapult contraption but there is a reason blackhole entertainment went bankrupt since they produced crappy games like armies of exigo.

Sorry if i am raging and going off-topic, i just hate black hole for ruining heroes 6 and the warhammer franchise.

Level 10
hm, dwarves are actually a race that should ride bulls, buffalos, rams, eventually goats, rhinos and maybe ponies, IMO. The idea with the polar bear is very unique in deed, but wouldn't that kind of mount fit rather to a hero than a unit? Anyways, it deserves a 5/5 for the unique idea and cute execution. :goblin_good_job:

Attach a hero glow and it should work fine as a hero :goblin_yeah:.

As for the model, this be best played in maps such as Icecrown Glacier and Northrend since there are dwarves there and they might tame down these beasts for war purposes. I hope a brown bear version gets released to boost choices :thumbs_up:.

Level 19
Oh, it reminds me of a dwarf miniature I always wanted that was mounted on a war bear... I like it!

4/5

I think you can still make him better looking, more on the bear as the dearf already seen cool enough in my opinion, its not too much about adding things, and more about making everything blend. And yeah, bears areover rams on my list of dwarven mounts.

Level 13
I like the armor of this bear, but with the black-bearded dwarf from the other version.
I was disappointed when I saw the picture has a dwarf with an orange beard, but the model has a white beard.