• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Durotan

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
Alright, finally Durotan is done!

Myself I'm very satisfied with the result on this one, with regards to texture, animation and overall WC3 likeness.

Hope you guys like it and can find a use for it. As always, anyone is free to use and edit it as long as I get credit for it ;)

Ma'ghar skin download.

UPDATE: Fixed a bug with the weapon glow and made some minor tweaks to the walk and portrait animations. Also added a new spell animation and renamed the original to Spell Slam.

UPDATE 2: Added blinking animation. Displays incorrectly in Magos for some reason, but I've tested it ingame and it should work fine. Not sure about the site viewer. Let me know about any bugs regarding this please. Also tweaked the new spell animation a little bit.

Keywords:
durotan, frostwolf clan, chieftain, orc, warrior, frostwolves, frostwolf, thrall, father
Contents

Durotan (Model)

Reviews
14:53, 22nd Aug 2015 Kwaliti: Pretty much in working order. Not much to comment on, really. Approved. 11:39, 24th Aug 2015 Misha: After a bit of talk, we decided to award Director's Cut to this mighty fine model :) enjoy

M

14:53, 22nd Aug 2015
Kwaliti:

Pretty much in working order. Not much to comment on, really. Approved.

11:39, 24th Aug 2015
Misha: After a bit of talk, we decided to award Director's Cut to this mighty fine model :) enjoy

Level 50
Looks great, but not one of your best work, imo. The walk animation looks like he's jumping, looks funny, but didn't test it in game. Ma'ghar skin fit better, imo.The legs seems odd when he attacks.. I would love to see you animate human models. And the file size isn't huge compared to the quality of the model.

Level 39
UPDATE: Fixed a bug with the weapon glow and made some minor tweaks to the walk and portrait animations. Also added a new spell animation and renamed the original to Spell Slam.

this looks really great, his animations are really smooth (tho his walk animation looks kinda cartoon-ish, but haven't check in-game).

Looks great, but not one of your best work, imo. The walk animation looks like he's jumping, looks funny, but didn't test it in game. Ma'ghar skin fit better, imo.The legs seems odd when he attacks.. I would love to see you animate human models. And the file size isn't huge compared to the quality of the model.

The animation may look a bit bouncy up close, but if you test it ingame it should look better. It's deliberate since the animations need to be a big exaggerated in order to look good ingame. If you look at the vanilla models you'll see that they jump a lot as well (Blademaster for example), I've done some tweaks though and I think it looks better now.
Dunno what you mean about the legs though :/

To each his own I guess. Personally, of all the models I made I think this one stays most true to the WC3 artstyle.

I dont know why but the portrait 1 makes me feel like he has a broken jaw...

Yeah, did that to give him a little bit of character. I scaled it down a notch in the latest update.

Level 48
Nice. I like the changes, the new animation is pretty cool. One last thing that I noticed. He should blink sometimes during Portrait animations - probably best done with a geoset, hidden on most animations except Portrait and running through a global sequence. It's not something necessary, but his unwavering gaze does distract somewhat.

Level 39
Nice. I like the changes, the new animation is pretty cool. One last thing that I noticed. He should blink sometimes during Portrait animations - probably best done with a geoset, hidden on most animations except Portrait and running through a global sequence. It's not something necessary, but his unwavering gaze does distract somewhat.

Yeah, I actually tried to do that. But as far as I could see there is no way to animate visibility globally?

Level 39
UPDATE 2: Added blinking animation. Displays incorrectly in Magos for some reason, but I've tested it ingame and it should work fine. Not sure about the site viewer. Let me know about any bugs regarding this please. Also tweaked the new spell animation a little bit.

Last edited:
Level 10
Such a fantastic model! It's so awesome to see how far your skills have come when you look at your old Warcraft Adventures-esque Durotan from 2011.

5/5 +rep & should be voted for DC

By the way are you going to make models for all the warlords? The new WoD Blackhand would look awesome in WC3. ;)

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

The model really looks good in game. I am using this in my campaign.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 1
I would say this is great! Fantastic work and very detailed. I give it a 5/5! Tho it would be even better if he had his original colour. But it is still a fantastic masterpiece.